PDA

View Full Version : God...I f*cking hate Apple

shootemindehead
21-Apr-2011, 06:18 PM
What a shit company, with shit products. :rolleyes:

The last poxy hour I've been trying to get some files copied over to an ext hard drive and the shitty macbook pro I am forced to use by work won't copy to the drives, even when it's been formated in FAT32. Fuckin macs.

Seriously...f*ck off Apple.

Wankers.

:mad:

I hope people cop on soon and Steve Jobs and his shit arse company fall back to the pitful market share they had before...

...and they didn't even deserve that.

****************************Rant Over*********************************

Danny
21-Apr-2011, 08:43 PM
That sounds like a personal problem guy.

bassman
21-Apr-2011, 08:46 PM
I don't know about their computers, but I don't think I could live without my ipod...

shootemindehead
21-Apr-2011, 09:35 PM
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

I don't know about their computers, but I don't think I could live without my ipod...

Get an MP3 player Bassy.

bassman
21-Apr-2011, 10:38 PM
Nothing wrong with the ipod, imo...

blind2d
21-Apr-2011, 10:55 PM
I kinda got screwed by the iTunes store... Maybe because I was using Windows to visit it, don't know. But yeah, no 'Monster Jellyfish', no dice.

Tricky
21-Apr-2011, 11:07 PM
I hate Apple too, which is why I'm posting this from a HTC phone. Apple & its brand zombie followers really grip my shit!

ProfessorChaos
21-Apr-2011, 11:35 PM
pretty addicted to my ipod as well.

and tomorrow, i'm getting a new stereo installed in my car that will allow me control my ipod through the stereo face, rather than fuck around with the irritating FM transmitter thing.

bassman
21-Apr-2011, 11:38 PM
pretty addicted to my ipod as well.

and tomorrow, i'm getting a new stereo installed in my car that will allow me control my ipod through the stereo face, rather than fuck around with the irritating FM transmitter thing.

I have to use the FM transmitter in my truck, but after recently buying my wife a new car with the direct input....well....I shed a tear when I first plugged it in. :lol:

ProfessorChaos
21-Apr-2011, 11:53 PM
living in the metro stl area, it's damn near impossible for me to find a station to tune the thing in to. so excited about getting that remedied tomorrow....and i'm guessing the sound quality will be about twice as good.

just in time for my roadtrip home for easter weekend.

DjfunkmasterG
22-Apr-2011, 12:06 AM
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Get an MP3 player Bassy.

Yeah I have a very reliable 8gb Sansa that I beat the snot out of and it works fine...

shootemindehead
22-Apr-2011, 12:55 PM
I've a 32gb Sansa, DJ and it's great. Plays anything I want and I don't have to dick about with bloody iTunes or iStore or iAnything. Get MP3's off the web, my mates or off the "back of a truck" and all is well.

I'll never buy an iPod.

...and this fuckin "i" thing..........grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

iHateApple

bassman
22-Apr-2011, 12:59 PM
Why is it that I often hear people complaining that you can't...umm..."obtain" music with itunes? I've done it for years with no problem.

Tricky
22-Apr-2011, 05:51 PM
How do you know when someone has an iPhone? Because they fucking tell you!

bassman
22-Apr-2011, 05:56 PM
How do you know when someone has an iPhone? Because they fucking tell you!

Funny joke, but i seem to remember you bragging about your HTC. :lol:

I personally stick with a normal old cell phone...

shootemindehead
22-Apr-2011, 06:17 PM
God...I still have a Nokia 3120!!!!

Tricky
22-Apr-2011, 06:36 PM
Funny joke, but i seem to remember you bragging about your HTC. :lol:

I personally stick with a normal old cell phone...

ha ha I mentioned it on here, but I dont refer to it as "my HTC" everytime I get it out of my pocket in the pub like iPhoners do :lol:

bassman
22-Apr-2011, 07:04 PM
I want to get a cell from the eighties. One of those Zack Morris bricks. Whip that baby out in a crowded bar and see what kinda looks you get. :lol:

kortick
22-Apr-2011, 07:46 PM
Just buy this thing.
Its a handset from a house phone that
plugs right into your cel phone.

And yes when I use it in the market or at
a bar people ask me if it is real and does it work.

of course it does.

http://www.amazon.com/Novophone-Cellphone-Handset-Multi-Function-button/dp/B000GQ0TBS/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1303501701&sr=1-4

acealive1
22-Apr-2011, 11:47 PM
i hate apple, i hate macs...... i hate stores that sell only their mp3 players. what kind of shit is that? "no, we cant offer u a $40 mp3 player for normal use with 4 GB, but we can sell u the same thing made by apple for $100"

LoSTBoY
23-Apr-2011, 09:26 AM
Anything that makes me install iTunes can get to fuck.

I've gone hipster with my phone, it's an Orange San Francisco Pay as you go phone. It's the same make as a ZTE Blade but made specifically for Orange.

Day I got it I wiped that bitch and put Android 2.2 Japanese Jellyfish on it.

Bitches love Android.

bassman
23-Apr-2011, 01:39 PM
Someone explain to me why an ipod and itunes are so bad. I need a good explanation for this because as it stands now it seems like people are just complaining about the popular guy on campus.

I've been using itunes for years and really have no complaints.....so whats so bad that i'm missing?

EvilNed
23-Apr-2011, 02:23 PM
iTunes or iPods aren't "bad" as such, but they're obviously geared towards user-friendlyness and a "hip" design. Not so much functionality.

Just the other week I plugged my iPhone into my laptop, on which I had a few songs I would like to put on there.

After I had synced it up all my other stuff was gone. Yeah, because that was my iPhone syncing with my laptop and not my desktop. So it decided to delete all my other music.

I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, to find another MP3-player system out there that has this same limitation. You won't find any, because it's retarded.

Also, I'd like to add that iTunes features one of the worst -tag identification systems I've ever seen. Albums that are perfectly organized in my Windows Media Player is identified as three or four different albums in iTunes for no reason whatsoever. After only using iTunes for three months or so, I've come across this problem more times than I would consider humanly possible.

shootemindehead
23-Apr-2011, 02:27 PM
The main thing that I dislike about iPods is the proprietary software angle. One simply cannot transfer MP3s over without having to use it. On my Sansa, I simply plug it in and transfer whatever file I like (from where ever I like).

It's the "authorisation to play" angle that I dispise. The insistence on iTunes is a killer for me. I simply want to drag and drop my music and go.

Also, I don't know what they're like today, but the battery life was pathetic a few years ago.
was pathetic a few years ago.

Andy
23-Apr-2011, 03:41 PM
Someone explain to me why an ipod and itunes are so bad. I need a good explanation for this because as it stands now it seems like people are just complaining about the popular guy on campus.

I've been using itunes for years and really have no complaints.....so whats so bad that i'm missing?

Your not alone bass, i love my iphone and i love my imac, almost as much as i despise windows.

And tricky, sorry but when you pull your HTC out of your pocket everyone thinks you couldnt afford an iPhone :p

bassman
23-Apr-2011, 09:02 PM
Just the other week I plugged my iPhone into my laptop, on which I had a few songs I would like to put on there.

After I had synced it up all my other stuff was gone. Yeah, because that was my iPhone syncing with my laptop and not my desktop. So it decided to delete all my other music.

Did it not warn you before it synced up? I recently had to transfer my library to a new computer and it had about a million warnings on how it could lose the current library. I ended up using the ipod as a flash drive and transferring them over. Anyway....i'm surprised that it seemed to delete your library so easily. When something like that happens to me it pops up with several "warning" windows.

Also, I'd like to add that iTunes features one of the worst -tag identification systems I've ever seen. Albums that are perfectly organized in my Windows Media Player is identified as three or four different albums in iTunes for no reason whatsoever. After only using iTunes for three months or so, I've come across this problem more times than I would consider humanly possible.

I've never run into this problem. Even with "obtained" albums, with the click of a button I have the tracks in correct order, named, and with the album cover art.

EvilNed
23-Apr-2011, 10:59 PM
Did it not warn you before it synced up? I recently had to transfer my library to a new computer and it had about a million warnings on how it could lose the current library. I ended up using the ipod as a flash drive and transferring them over. Anyway....i'm surprised that it seemed to delete your library so easily. When something like that happens to me it pops up with several "warning" windows.

In all fairness I was using Rhytmbox on Ubuntu. In this case it's not iTunes at fault, it's just a retarded system. Warning pop-ups or no warning pop-ups. Why would anyone design anything like this?

I've never run into this problem. Even with "obtained" albums, with the click of a button I have the tracks in correct order, named, and with the album cover art.

Last week two out of five songs were missing from a Pink Floyd Album which was perfectly organized -tag wise and worked in every other music program. That's just a fraction of the frustration I've had to endure with this shitty music program.

bassman
23-Apr-2011, 11:47 PM
In all fairness I was using Rhytmbox on Ubuntu. In this case it's not iTunes at fault, it's just a retarded system. Warning pop-ups or no warning pop-ups. Why would anyone design anything like this?

Conversely, why would anyone not pay attention and not follow the (easy) procedures of said program? It may not be the program, but the operator. :p

Last week two out of five songs were missing from a Pink Floyd Album which was perfectly organized -tag wise and worked in every other music program. That's just a fraction of the frustration I've had to endure with this shitty music program.

Hrm. You may want to take a look at your preferences. This problem isn't somethiing i've run into in over five years of using itunes. There may be something in there that's holding you back.

EvilNed
24-Apr-2011, 09:06 AM
Conversely, why would anyone not pay attention and not follow the (easy) procedures of said program? It may not be the program, but the operator. :p

You're missing the point. I'm not deriding the lack of warning pop-ups. I'm saying it's a stupid system that nobody else uses. Why? Because it's clumsy and stupid. What if I were to send away my computer for repairs a week or two? Sorry, you can't use your laptop to add new songs. THen you'd erase all your old songs!

Yeah, thanks a lot Apple. This reminds of the time when I had that other mp3 player... No wait, it doesn't because they were ALL easy to drag and drop songs into.

Hrm. You may want to take a look at your preferences. This problem isn't somethiing i've run into in over five years of using itunes. There may be something in there that's holding you back.

Where do I go in the preferences? I'm sorry, but this just got too "not-user-friendly" for my apples tastes.

shootemindehead
24-Apr-2011, 04:49 PM
This reminds of the time when I had that other mp3 player... No wait, it doesn't because they were ALL easy to drag and drop songs into.

Ha ha....feck sake. :D

You just got a LoL!

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.pawnation.com/media/2009/05/daily-otter-laughing.jpg

MikePizzoff
25-Apr-2011, 08:20 AM
I'm on Apple's side - my Macbook Pro backs up onto an external HDD just fine, with no hassle.

Also, I've had plenty of PC's become sluggish well prior to the amount of time I've had the MBP.

LoSTBoY
29-Apr-2011, 03:39 AM
Hehe, watch the first episode os season 15 South Park.

Thats what I think of your iShit.

SymphonicX
29-Apr-2011, 10:08 AM
can't wait for that ep of SP!!!!! Human Centipad...genius!!!

I bought a macbook pro two days ago, second hand of course....£500 - very good nick and a great little machine. I finally have FCP to use at home and train on properly. I love the machine's speed and useability, I have to say...and of course you don't need to jailbreak it.

As for their other bits of kit, rubbish until jailbroken.

shootemindehead
29-Apr-2011, 11:52 AM
Ha ha...just watched that SP episode.

Brilliant.

Danny
29-Apr-2011, 08:37 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/hipster-as-fuck-31667-1281816953-40.jpg
saw this, thought of this thread.

blind2d
29-Apr-2011, 08:38 PM
I don't get it...

ProfessorChaos
02-May-2011, 02:16 AM
i ran across this the other day and didn't really wanna start a thread, but since these guys play a song with their iPhones and it's apple-related, this seemed like a good place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19KBAcJ53ak

sound quality isn't that great, but i actually like the song. this band also redid an 80's song for the "take me home tonight" soundtrack. it's actually in the suggested videos after this one airs, and it's got a lot of nods to classic 80's films, worth a watch, trust me.

sad guys that have actual talent like this get passed over for all the biebers/kesha/gaga/american idol bullshit music that's so prevalent these days.

sorry for the thread hi-jack.