PDA

View Full Version : Jim Steinman

acealive1
24-Apr-2011, 01:55 AM
ok so im a fan of the movie 'streets of fire'

but then i found out something weird.......

i know steinman's sound rings through meatloaf, bonnie tyler, fire inc, and the movie mentioned above......but what i didnt know was

when u listen to most of their material u can tell its the same person behind all of it.....

even down to the musicians he used...with max weinberg and rick derringer being the most often used. and sometimes using two female singers to gel into one voice. there was a time around the release of streets of fire that most of his music sounded like it was written in one sitting.

heres some samples

MHuvvTxpPPA

V-sCrhRPCMg

uCOPuGBg_W0

grwfO10JUWE

VhmuJ7Oexos

9GNhdQRbXhc

sorry for being a bit random but this dude reached all over the place musically and his stamp was on everything

MoonSylver
24-Apr-2011, 03:40 AM
Weird you would post this, I was just reading the "Streets of Fire" wilkipedia page today. Yeah, Steinman is a great song writer of the Big Rock Opera tradition. "Bat Out Of Hell" is a great rock album. Title track, Paradise by The Dashboard Light, Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad, all good stuff.

8Q3H2UQYLzM

PN_YjM4V4fc

TgK6dBefpu8

Interesting bit of "Streets of Fire" trivia. The movie was named after the Springsteen song, which they were in negotiations to use in the film, but Bruce declined when he found that the intention was for them to record another artist performing the song.

acealive1
24-Apr-2011, 04:07 AM
yea i remember reading that.....or did i hear it on the movie commentary? idk which one........ springsteen came off like a bit of a primadonna for not letting them use his song. sheesh.

EvilNed
24-Apr-2011, 09:10 AM
Jim Steinman and Streets of Fire rules the Wasteland! Class acts!

MoonSylver
24-Apr-2011, 11:53 AM
yea i remember reading that.....or did i hear it on the movie commentary? idk which one........ springsteen came off like a bit of a primadonna for not letting them use his song. sheesh.

Bruce is pretty protective of his music.

acealive1
24-Apr-2011, 01:26 PM
Bruce is pretty protective of his music.

he shoulda known they were gonna have someone else miming a cover of his song. now he's less some royalties for it.

JDFP
24-Apr-2011, 02:36 PM
As someone who thinks Meat Loaf is one of the greatest rock singers/performers of all time, I have nothing but praises for Jim Steinman.

Why settle for anything else other than complete bombastic passion of the highest reaches? Steinman is Andrew Lloyd Webber on steroids.

j.p.

MoonSylver
24-Apr-2011, 06:25 PM
he shoulda known they were gonna have someone else miming a cover of his song. now he's less some royalties for it.

Why should he have known? Why would anybody who is approached to have their song in a soundtrack think it wouldn't be their version of the song? As soon as that became clear, he declined. No big deal. As for royalties, Bruce isn't much of one for selling out his music. Note the lack of any of his song in commericals despite plenty of offers, & only very few soundtracks.

acealive1
24-Apr-2011, 06:42 PM
but he jumped on a chance to restart his career shortly after 9/11....................weird