PDA

View Full Version : TWD - Merle season2 spoiler...

Neil
25-Apr-2011, 09:19 AM
Looks like Michael Rooker's character is to return...

I know I’m coming back, but I don’t know exactly when.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49391

JDFP
25-Apr-2011, 05:44 PM
Looks like Michael Rooker's character is to return...

I know I’m coming back, but I don’t know exactly when.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49391

Hopefully to come back in one episode only where it shows him being outright killed. That's one Southern sterotype that has been way too overused and has maligned the South for entirely too long. Might as well throw in a character from the Dakotas who says: "Dont'cha know? Oh yah!" every other sentence and is, of course, a poor farmer and someone from Boston who is a Red Sox fanatic who forgets his/her R's in each word that requires an R as well.

j.p.

MoonSylver
25-Apr-2011, 06:07 PM
Hopefully to come back in one episode only where it shows him being outright killed. That's one Southern sterotype that has been way too overused and has maligned the South for entirely too long. Might as well throw in a character from the Dakotas who says: "Dont'cha know? Oh yah!" every other sentence and is, of course, a poor farmer and someone from Boston who is a Red Sox fanatic who forgets his/her R's in each word that requires an R as well.

j.p.

True to a point. However...

http://www.nastyhobbit.org/data/media/1/stereotypes.jpg

:lol: :nana:

bassman
25-Apr-2011, 06:33 PM
I will be glad to have him back. Rooker is a legend and it's damn nice to have someone of his talent participating in the show.

And yeah.....there are people like Merle.

Neil
25-Apr-2011, 07:20 PM

j.p.If he does come back in, I'd like to see how they explain them finding each other?! ie: The group and he have moved on geographically...

Mitchified
25-Apr-2011, 08:07 PM
Hopefully to come back in one episode only where it shows him being outright killed.

I don't know why, but I really want to see him killed by a falling anvil if/when he finally dies. It would be like watching a Yosemite Sam cartoon.

JDFP
25-Apr-2011, 08:56 PM
http://www.nastyhobbit.org/data/media/1/stereotypes.jpg

:lol: :nana:

I'd hit that. Wait, I think I have already...

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

If he does come back in, I'd like to see how they explain them finding each other?! ie: The group and he have moved on geographically...

Great point, Neil, I agree. Sometimes a man just needs a hand from his friends (haha!!! Hah! Okay, shame on me).

I don't know why, but I really want to see him killed by a falling anvil if/when he finally dies. It would be like watching a Yosemite Sam cartoon.

I concur. It would be fitting. I'm still waiting on the zombies to 'evolve' into trying to drive cars after our heroes.

j.p.

MoonSylver
25-Apr-2011, 08:58 PM
I'd hit that. Wait, I think I have already....

Don't talk about my sister like that. Besides, I hit it first. :lol:

Mitchified
25-Apr-2011, 10:49 PM
I concur. It would be fitting. I'm still waiting on the zombies to 'evolve' into trying to drive cars after our heroes.

Only if its two zombies driving the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard.

rongravy
26-Apr-2011, 01:56 AM
Only if a zombiefied Waylon Jennings does the voice over whenever they gotta go airborne...
"Those Undead boahs is in a whole heapa trouble."
Freeze frame and then cut to commercial.

Moon Knight
26-Apr-2011, 04:02 AM
Yes! Bring back Michael Rooker! He's a great talent for sure. I had no problem with Merle.

Trin
26-Apr-2011, 02:55 PM
If they bring him back I hope they kill him. I personally couldn't care less if people like him exist in real life or not. People like him can get killed for being stupid rednecks who are a danger to the group, right? That could happen in real life. So let's do that.

But I know they won't do that. So my backup hope is that they don't try to pull some flashback shenanigan where it turns out Merle drove the truck filled with zombies back up to the camp. We all wondered whether that was how a whole group of zombies invaded all of a sudden. We all think it'd be very implausible for Merle to have pulled it off. But I still have the fear they are gonna try to explain it that way.

bassman
26-Apr-2011, 03:25 PM
I love that people get so angry about this character throwing around "the N word" and being a douchebag, while there have been the same types of characters in every movie of Romero's trilogy. "Spick" and even "chocolate man" are thrown around, ffs. :lol:

Anyway.....when they bring Merle back, who knows how he'll be? Maybe he'll turn around like his brother and become an ally to the group? Daryl was a hot-headed bastard at first, but became valuable to the group and quite the badass.

MoonSylver
26-Apr-2011, 05:32 PM
But I know they won't do that.

Why? :rockbrow: I could see them bringing him back for one more turn as the bad guy & then killing him off.

I love that people get so angry about this character throwing around "the N word" and being a douchebag, while there have been the same types of characters in every movie of Romero's trilogy. "Spick" and even "chocolate man" are thrown around, ffs. :lol:

Yeah but those guys are COOL. They're not racist, just funny. Everybody wants to be just like them when they grow up. :rolleyes: :lol:

Anyway.....when they bring Merle back, who knows how he'll be? Maybe he'll turn around like his brother and become an ally to the group? Daryl was a hot-headed bastard at first, but became valuable to the group and quite the badass.

Ehhh...Merle doesn't seem quite as...prone to reason as his brother...;)

JDFP
26-Apr-2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah but those guys are COOL. They're not racist, just funny. Everybody wants to be just like them when they grow up. :rolleyes: :lol:

Speak for yourself, Moon, I wouldn't ever want to be like any of those people, you yo-yo chocolate man! :p

j.p.

bassman
26-Apr-2011, 06:13 PM
Ehhh...Merle doesn't seem quite as...prone to reason as his brother...;)

I dunno. He started to pray quickly when he thought his card was up. To be such a tough guy slinging racist slurs, he was fast to give in to a helping hand...

pun intended

MoonSylver
26-Apr-2011, 07:09 PM
Speak for yourself, Moon, I wouldn't ever want to be like any of those people, you yo-yo chocolate man! :p

j.p.

Hence the roll eyes & lol smileys. ;) (But believe it or not, these guys HAVE been defended in the past, in pretty much the same fashion. :eek:)

I dunno. He started to pray quickly when he thought his card was up. To be such a tough guy slinging racist slurs, he was fast to give in to a helping hand...

pun intended

Yeah, lot of folks start prayin' to Jesus when they think their number is up. Note he was also quick to turn on Him & say ":fin: I'll do it myself!"

Ghoulman
27-Apr-2011, 10:07 AM
I hope he comes back long enough for me to hate him all over again before getting his inevitable horse treatment by a full-on swarm of dumb-fucks, er I mean walkers.

Trin
27-Apr-2011, 08:39 PM

In my opinion it's not Merle's racism that is the problem, and a few slurs thrown around isn't a deal-breaker. The man was a danger to the group, pure and simple. He was perfectly fine with endangering the group to satisfy his prejudices. Daryl didn't do that. For all his hotheaded aggressive behavior I never felt Daryl was going to sacrifice the safey of the group.

As to why I think they won't bring him back for a one-and-done thing... the writers have shown a serious predelication for dragging out plot points, especially where character storyline evolution is concerned. If they bring him back and kill him in one episode I will be very pleasantly surprised.

MoonSylver
27-Apr-2011, 10:43 PM
As to why I think they won't bring him back for a one-and-done thing... the writers have shown a serious predelication for dragging out plot points, especially where character storyline evolution is concerned. If they bring him back and kill him in one episode I will be very pleasantly surprised.

Fair enough. I actually considered he could be a recurring villian. If so I only hope it's a 2-3 episode arc & not a TRUE recurring thing. That would get old/kinda silly after too long.

shootemindehead
04-May-2011, 08:35 AM

More than likely, it'll be a black zombie. :rolleyes:

Oh...the irony!