View Full Version : Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation - Call of The Dead

thxleo
26-Apr-2011, 11:15 PM
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=76874

ProfessorChaos
26-Apr-2011, 11:58 PM
this totally deserves a video upload:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxD3sp5U5j0

and i was thinking of not picking up the new map pack. looks awesome.

Exatreides
27-Apr-2011, 12:00 AM
Think this should be in gaming.

Looks amazing though, maybe might be the one thing that makes me willing to throw down some cash for the expansion

rongravy
27-Apr-2011, 01:44 AM
My kid was telling me about this earlier. I guess I will get it for him and watch him play it until I get the hankering to give 'er a twirl myself. That would be cool if they came up with even more cooler characters. And GAR, sweeet. Some of you can get out your hatred for the mayon for ruining your beloved genre, lol, by blasting him to bits?
"This one's for giving us Big Daddy!!!"
"This one's for even daring to give Survival to us!!!
Looks cool. Not a big fan of Machete guy, but Michael Rooker?
Maybe he could throw chocolate covered pretzels...

Neil
27-Apr-2011, 08:55 AM
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/60015/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-Escalation-Call-of-The-Dead-Details

Treyarch pulled together an all-star cast, not just for voiceovers but also characters as well.

George Romero, Robert Englund, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Michael Rooker, and Danny Trejo will all be in the "Call of the Dead" zombie map.

3_Cx82OFXM0

MikePizzoff
27-Apr-2011, 11:56 AM
This trailer kicks so much ass. It's a shame that the zombie mode doesn't hold my attention for more than about 20 minutes every 2 months or so. Definitely won't be buying this one, but I'll surely go over a friends house to check it out.

bassman
27-Apr-2011, 01:34 PM
MICHAEL ROOKER?!? This game is racist and offensive. I won't be playing it. :p

Great trailer. Was that a new version of a tune from Dawn I hear in there? Kinda strange to have the song from ROTLD on a game with Romero....

CoinReturn
27-Apr-2011, 02:10 PM
That was an amazing trailer! Shame it's attached to Call of Duty.

zombie04
28-Apr-2011, 05:26 PM
I really can't wait for this. I think I've maxed out my potential on the "Five" map and my progress on "Kino der Toten" doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Although my big interest in this will definitely be what quotes the characters will have.

AcesandEights
28-Apr-2011, 05:28 PM
Do people on here play on a regular basis? I've been wanting to play this mode, but never get the chance to team and haven't really given the mode more than a few minutes of play because of it.

Thorn
28-Apr-2011, 06:47 PM
Romero is IN THE GAME.

Romero is not only the inspiration for the upcoming level—he has a cameo appearance as well. And starring alongside him are Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Robert Englund (Nightmare on Elm Street), Michael Rooker (The Walking Dead), and Danny Trejo (Machete). In the game they'll be playing four survivors fighting off Soviet zombies in a "mysterious, ice-covered, remote Siberian island.

Sorry I just can't get over it.

zombie04
28-Apr-2011, 07:48 PM
Do people on here play on a regular basis? I've been wanting to play this mode, but never get the chance to team and haven't really given the mode more than a few minutes of play because of it.

I used to play on the Playstation Network until I kept getting matched with people who had no idea what they were doing which caused to me die very early on a regular basis. Since then I've just been playing with my roommate and making some decent progress. But if you're using a PS3 let me know.

Eyebiter
28-Apr-2011, 07:54 PM
Will have to upgrade the PC video card to play that one.

C5NOTLD
29-Apr-2011, 02:48 AM
Very cool. Definitely will get this pack.

ProfessorChaos
30-Apr-2011, 05:22 PM
while i am pretty excited to check this out, i can't help but think it would have been so much better had they got the characters from romero's dead films, such as ben, peter, steele, rhodes, maybe even charlie from land.

what the fuck does buffy or freddy have to do with zombies or romero? still got my points ready, as i'd like to take out some frustration from my disappointment with survival of the dead on ol' george...

bd2999
30-Apr-2011, 07:43 PM
I took it soley as being sort of a grindhouse play. Homage to the classic movies that fit in there and also to more more recent ceesey Grindhouse or Machette. I honestly always really liked Robert Englund. I always sort of hoped he and Romero would do something together at some point. This might be the nearest I get on that want.

I agree that a video game based on Dawn of the Dead would be really cool. As it could pick up after the film ended and go from there. So alot of potential there. I think Day and Night would work too, I just think Dawn has the most potential for being turned into a video game. I am a little surprised the remake did not get one, but I would much prefer one tied to the original. I mean if they can do a fairly good Ghostbusters game series continuation why not that? I would buy it.