PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Our British Friends

wayzim
29-Apr-2011, 01:26 PM
Congratulations and well done from across the pond.

Yes, I actually got up at 4AM EST to watch the Royal Vows, and everything seemed to turn out quite well.

Though I'd thought Kate was a nice enough looking young lady before, this day she turned out to be a stunner.

It was prestige without the level of pomp that past ceremonies sorta of rubbed in your face, and all was done in good time.

Good Wishes to the newlyweds, and for the rest of the nation as well.

Wayne Z

bassman
29-Apr-2011, 01:34 PM
.....seriously? You woke up early for it?:rockbrow:

Judging by the reponses I got in the shoutbox the other day.....most of our UK members don't really give a shit about it...

JDFP
29-Apr-2011, 02:05 PM
Yes, I actually got up at 4AM EST to watch the Royal Vows, and everything seemed to turn out quite well.

Were you expecting an unexpected twist ending to it? :p:D

j.p.

AcesandEights
29-Apr-2011, 02:38 PM
May the union of your economy and increased tourism be a blessed one!

wayzim
29-Apr-2011, 03:13 PM

j.p.

Possibly, but those durn infected missed thier entrance.

Maybe they'll show up for the state dinner?

As for the rest, I'm just a sucker for History as it happens, especially since the world's been having a miserable time of it. War, rumors of War, faminine and pestilence and nuclear mishaps. Sometimes you just want to witness good things.

Wayne Z

MoonSylver
29-Apr-2011, 03:32 PM
Couldn't respond sooner, as I was busy having morning tea with Lord Crumpet & the Earl of Fancypants. Anyway, I didn't even realize the damn thing was today until I turned the TV on for the 1st time in a long time in the am & stumbled into it. :stunned:

Sometimes you just want to witness good things.

Then why would you want to watch a WEDDING?!?!? :sneaky:

Mitchified
29-Apr-2011, 03:59 PM

j.p.

The Royal Wedding, by M. Night Shyamalan. What a twist!

Yeah, not really seeing the big deal about this, especially here in the United States. Exactly why do so many people here care about this? It's two people getting married in a wedding whose budget could have been used to end world hunger, build a rocket to go to Mars, cure cancer, assassinate Andy Dick (this might have been thrown in for free), clone dinosaurs from DNA found inside insects encased in amber, and create sharks with frickin' laser beams on their heads.

Danny
29-Apr-2011, 03:59 PM
'congratulations and well done'?

why?

did somebody achieve something spectacular? i didnt see because every channel was covering that wedding :rolleyes:

zombie04
29-Apr-2011, 04:01 PM
and create sharks with frickin' laser beams on their heads.

Are you knocking my ill-tempered sea bass?

Danny
29-Apr-2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah, not really seeing the big deal about this, especially here in the United States. Exactly why do so many people here care about this?

i know right? i dont know if its some anglophile thing or just the idea of a 'commoner' marying a prince thats somehow romanticised but this has been all my american friends have talked about for the last 2 weeks but nobody IN england i know actually gives a toss about it.

zombie04
29-Apr-2011, 04:08 PM
i know right? i dont know if its some anglophile thing or just the idea of a 'commoner' marying a prince thats somehow romanticised but this has been all my american friends have talked about for the last 2 weeks but nobody IN england i know actually gives a toss about it.

I know exactly what you're talking about and I find it to be a little ridiculous. I kind of get the feeling all the people in this country wouldn't have cared about the wedding if the TV didn't tell them they should! There was an abundance of news coverage so you just couldn't tune it out. Perhaps just a few weeks of consecutive slow new days perhaps?

AcesandEights
29-Apr-2011, 04:12 PM
Don't know. It's a royal wedding, which is somewhat historic and it will hopefully inject some good tourist cash into the London economy. Plus, with the current state of affairs as they are on the world stage, people like distractions.

Some people love it, some people can only ever bitch about this sort of thing...no surprises on either side of the coin and the extreme examples of each are equally as grating on the nerves.

ProfessorChaos
29-Apr-2011, 05:12 PM
so glad all this hoopla is almost behind us. and while i am sick to death of it, it's nice to have a somewhat positive story in the news given all the bullshit going on in the world (wars, birth-certificate issues, devastating tsunami's, nuclear power plants on the brink, killer tornadoes, etc).

Danny
29-Apr-2011, 05:49 PM
on the news right now: "the world event to undo a decade of hatred and fear brought on by nine eleven, now the healing can finally begin" what in the balls?

MinionZombie
29-Apr-2011, 05:59 PM
Glad you appreciated the good vibes of it, Wayzim.

There's a section of British society who like to piss all over anyone else's good time - I'm not referring to HPOTD members, btw, rather those who are so sickeningly opposed to it that they believe (in their small political circle jerk where everybody thinks the exact same thing) they have a right to force their opinion on others, spoil a good time, and see themselves as the "majority" ... when they're anything but.

2 billion viewers world wide. An estimated boost to the UK economy of £2billion (putting any public cost far into the shade), and a chance for millions of Brits to enjoy themselves and share something across the nation which brings a smile to their faces as they watch a young couple tie the knot - for the best in people to be brought out collectively as a unifying experience.

There's always going to be cynics, and there's always going to be people who aren't fussed - and while I've personally avoided a lot of talk of it (I almost always avoid TV News as it is, in any form in any country, utterly shit 99% of the time, and I rarely read newspapers), I watched the whole ceremony as well as stuff before and after it, and I actually quite enjoyed it - not for the same things some people enjoyed it for (like dresses and the fairy tale wedding stuff - although I can appreciate the niceness of that) - no, the military precision and organisation of the entire event really impressed me (plus Kate Middleton is, let's be honest, well fit - same goes for her sister ;)) ... and it really displays the sense of long-standing history and tradition that we in the UK, and as a country, possess that few other countries have (particularly America, which is essentially a very new country - no doubt the cause of some of the fascination you guys have been experiencing across the pond).

I do find it fascinating how there are some people, who claim they "couldn't care less" about the wedding, haven't shut up moaning about it - again I'm referring widely to the most vocal of whingers in the UK - people who were most certainly outnumbered greatly today. Indeed there was a poll recently boiling down to if you were in favour or against the Royal Family - and more than 70% were in favour. Now sure, it's just some little poll, but it illustrates a point (and if the numbers had been reversed, the frothy mouthed minority would claim it as a victorious fact) ... indeed it's also funny how 'folk I've talked to' equals 'everybody in the country' ... an equation that has been asserted across a wide spectrum of issues in the past (and, no doubt, future), but it isn't exactly representative.

A Presidency would cost the UK far more than the Royal Family, who are financially profitable (especially with this wedding to the estimated tune of £2billion), who look after great swathes of land, who employ many people, who represent us on the international stage, and who bring in a shitload of tourism to our country.

It's not the fault of the Royal Family that TV news has - as it always does with everything (be it a big do like this, or some huge disaster) - obsessed over every minute detail for the past however long, particularly this week ... and if you don't like it, you're not forced to watch it. I absolutely fucking cannot stand football, so when it's the bloody World Cup, or that Euro thing, I avoid it like the plague due to my distaste for it - but at the same time I appreciate that many people fucking love it. So for the duration I just avoid anything to do with it that comes my way, and then conversely something will come along that I'm interested in that some won't be.

Some people are absolutely barmy for the Royals and all that, and well, if they're wildly into it - so be it - I mean shit, we obsess about the minutiae of films about rotting corpses that walk the earth, I think we should allow some leeway, you know? :p Then there's a vocal minority (who strangely believe they're a majority, like all vocal, frothy-mouthed minority fringe elements) who are so disgusted by it all, who I think should "calm down, dear". :lol:

BillyRay
29-Apr-2011, 06:03 PM

Well, to be fair, she was a Cockney flower girl when he met her, right?

Craig Fergussen noted that the Prince's bachelor party must have been weird, all those singles he's slipping into the strippper's g-string have pictures of his Grandma....

MoonSylver
29-Apr-2011, 06:29 PM
Blah blah, blah de blah de blah...

Oh sure. Trust MZ to interject a bunch of LOGIC, & REEEEASON into the conversation & go making a bunch of good points....:rolleyes: :lol:

Craig Fergussen noted that the Prince's bachelor party must have been weird, all those singles he's slipping into the strippper's g-string have pictures of his Grandma....

:lol: Yeah I saw that too. :D

EvilNed
29-Apr-2011, 06:35 PM
Romanovs!

acealive1
29-Apr-2011, 08:00 PM
theres no royalty here, they didnt even invite our president. so why was it on all channels? doesnt change my life one way or the other.

Neil
29-Apr-2011, 08:25 PM
I do find it fascinating how there are some people, who claim they "couldn't care less" about the wedding, haven't shut up moaning about it
Nicely put!

blind2d
29-Apr-2011, 08:41 PM
There's a wedding happening? Doesn't that happen, like, once a day? Or more? Worldwide? So what?

On a lighter note, clowns. - The Tick, Episode 1.

MikePizzoff
29-Apr-2011, 08:49 PM
Wow, I really don't understand how or why people from anywhere but the UK give a shit about this. I didn't even know it was going on until today when I logged into Facebook and there were a million updates (from both supporters and haters).

No offense.

Danny
29-Apr-2011, 09:08 PM
No offense.

why would you assume anyone would take offence?

i'm wondering if the reason we dont get the big american excitement is like that discussion from a few months back about caring about flags or not at least in the same vein.

bassman
29-Apr-2011, 09:59 PM
Of all the important things going on in our country and the world....including deadly tornadoes that just tore through my state....all the local news talks about is this wedding and Obama's birth certificate. I just don't get American media sometimes...

MoonSylver
29-Apr-2011, 10:44 PM
why would you assume anyone would take offence?

http://mybrilliantmistakes.com/wp-content/uploads/eric-idle.jpg

My good friend Vivian Smith-Smythe-Smith takes great offense.

:lol:

wayzim
29-Apr-2011, 10:59 PM
Thanks for that, Minion.

In addition to watching alot of transplanted BBC programming on PBS as a kid, and a major Hammer fan(of course )to boot, I also spent a week in London as a kid, when our military family came back from Turkey in the seventies.

Guess alot of it stuck ...

Oh, speaking of funny, BBC America was showing Wedding highlights throughout the day, and I spotted Rowen Atkinson among the church attendees. Had to do a triple take to make sure, but if it wasn't him it was a spot on double.

Mr. Bean Goes to William and Catherine's Wedding.

It just struck me as funny, though maybe Blackadder would've been just as appropriate ...

Wayne Z

Rancid Carcass
29-Apr-2011, 11:19 PM
It time to cash in on the whole thing methinks... *gets typewriter out.

"The Royal Wedding - with zombies"

Chapter 1: The bloodbath at Westminster Abbey.

It was a warm April morning, the crowds lined the streets and little did they know that shambling through the backstreets of old London town was a plague more terrible than the black death, a firestorm more incendiary than the great fire, a gust of wind more terrible than the Phanton Rasberry Blower. Yes, god save the Queen - from a horde of flesh eating zombies, Englands green and rancid damned!

Anyone know the number for Uwe Boll?

:D

Danny
29-Apr-2011, 11:26 PM
Thanks for that, Minion.

In addition to watching alot of transplanted BBC programming on PBS as a kid, and a major Hammer fan(of course )to boot, I also spent a week in London as a kid, when our military family came back from Turkey in the seventies.

Guess alot of it stuck ...

Oh, speaking of funny, BBC America was showing Wedding highlights throughout the day, and I spotted Rowen Atkinson among the church attendees. Had to do a triple take to make sure, but if it wasn't him it was a spot on double.

Mr. Bean Goes to William and Catherine's Wedding.

It just struck me as funny, though maybe Blackadder would've been just as appropriate ...

Wayne Z

in the top hat? i THOUGHT that was him on the news. dayum, i thought he was dead.

bassman
29-Apr-2011, 11:34 PM
dayum, i thought he was dead.

Only his career. Unfortunately he's left to live with that. :p

wayzim
29-Apr-2011, 11:42 PM
in the top hat? i THOUGHT that was him on the news. dayum, i thought he was dead.

Not Dead Yet ... wait, that's python.

Just did a quick google and 'Yes.' Rowan was in attendance as a friend of the royals.

Wayne Z
'There! He said it again! "
Monty Python & The Holy Grail ( like you didn't know. )

Tricky
29-Apr-2011, 11:56 PM
Remember about 10 years ago there was media talking heads trying to matchmake William & britney spears? All I can say is well dodged William! Shame about his thatch though, he's a right baldy for a lad his age!

bassman
30-Apr-2011, 12:01 AM
The prince and Spears? Was there any real truth to that or just tabloid gossip?

I personally can't say much about the hair. I'm right there with him in that department. It's going fast...

Kaos
30-Apr-2011, 12:04 AM
Judging by the reponses I got in the shoutbox the other day.....most of our UK members don't really give a shit about it...

They doth protest too much. I think the uk nonchalance is more a fashionable affect than a reality.

ProfessorChaos
30-Apr-2011, 12:26 AM
Shame about his thatch though, he's a right baldy for a lad his age!

:lol: goddamn, you chaps sure got a way with words.

and i'd give up my magnificent mane to be that rich and all up in that princess for life. lucky dog...

MoonSylver
30-Apr-2011, 12:41 AM
and i'd give up my magnificent mane to be that rich and all up in that princess for life. lucky dog...

I already did, & got jack shit in return.

I wuz robbed. :lol:

acealive1
30-Apr-2011, 01:06 AM
Remember about 10 years ago there was media talking heads trying to matchmake William & britney spears? All I can say is well dodged William! Shame about his thatch though, he's a right baldy for a lad his age!

i woulda did her............notice i didnt say marry......

wayzim
30-Apr-2011, 01:19 AM
Not Dead Yet ... wait, that's python.

Just did a quick google and 'Yes.' Rowan was in attendance as a friend of the royals.

Wayne Z
'There! He said it again! "
Monty Python & The Holy Grail ( like you didn't know. )

Oh, answering my own post ... this is good.

But there was a moment during the ceremony when they sang the hymn 'Jerusalem. '
"And did these feet, in ancient times, Walk upon England's mountain green? "

"There! They said it again. "

I had a python moment ( not to mention a Chariots of Fire moment. )

"Oh dear, he's put a bag over his head. Now I have to go stand in the tea chest. "
cue to several men standing in a chest singing 'England's mountain green. '

Next segment; "It's a Mans Life, upon England's Mountain Green. "

Ya hafta love Monty Python.

Wayne Z ( brought to you by, Confuse A Cadaver Ltd. Also Unhinge the Undead, Gull A Ghoul and Befuddle A Flesh Eater. )
Lemon Curry?
And now for something completely the same. A Romero Zombie on a horse.
(cue stock footage of an audience of old ladies clapping. )

MoonSylver
30-Apr-2011, 02:25 AM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/LOL/2/LOL-Monty_Python_Applause.gif

;)

Tricky
30-Apr-2011, 09:11 AM
http://www.parkandgo.co.uk/images/news/storyimages/Prince+William_579_19683472_0_0_7012157_300.jpghtt p://www.sponkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/prince-william6.jpg

Ouch! But still, he's married a stunner, make no mistake! So far I'm 29 and still have a thick head of long hair, but if I take after my dad at all it'll start to go in my 30's :eek:

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

theres no royalty here, they didnt even invite our president.

I suspect because he doesnt much like the British, especially the monarchy which harks back to the colonial days which is where his grievances seem to lie...

MinionZombie
30-Apr-2011, 11:04 AM
Oh sure. Trust MZ to interject a bunch of LOGIC, & REEEEASON into the conversation & go making a bunch of good points....:rolleyes: :lol:

I know, right? :sneaky:;)

theres no royalty here, they didnt even invite our president. so why was it on all channels? doesnt change my life one way or the other.

I believe that's because it was classed as a "semi-state occasion" - which is why Tony Blair and Gordon Brown weren't invited.

Also interesting to note, friends & family out-numbered official invites (like Sultans, and shite) ... if I recall all the info from yesterday, that's the first time that's ever happened.

Can't recall the Britney Spears thing, or can I? Actually maybe that does ring a bell ... *shudders* ... yeah he dodged a bullet there!

He takes after his father with the hair, doesn't he? Although Charles' isn't as thin as William's is now oddly enough. Wills should shave it all over and go for the 'full Vin Diesel'. :D

http://www.parkandgo.co.uk/images/news/storyimages/Prince+William_579_19683472_0_0_7012157_300.jpghtt p://www.sponkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/prince-william6.jpg

Ouch! But still, he's married a stunner, make no mistake! So far I'm 29 and still have a thick head of long hair, but if I take after my dad at all it'll start to go in my 30's :eek:

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

I suspect because he doesnt much like the British, especially the monarchy which harks back to the colonial days which is where his grievances seem to lie...

He married a stunner alright. I chuckled at Kevin Smith's take on the whole thing - 2 billion people cheering on a guy who was so getting laid last night. ;)

Yeah - Obama wouldn't be there due to the "semi-state" occasion, so they wouldn't have to invite him, you know? It was weird seeing "Red Ed" Milliband and his (finally) soon-to-be Missus there ... methinks they're staunch republicans on any other day of the week. Funny how some right moaner's opinions of the Royal Family can change once they're invited, eh? :lol:

Neil - there was some mug put out t'other week with a slogan along the lines of "I couldn't care less about the Royal Wedding" - selling for £15 - anyone who bought one of those is both A) A complete chump with more money than sense, and B) Completely lacking in irony.

It really is funny how a small minority of grumps have banged on in the media about "couldn't care less about it" on every TV channel, in every newspaper, and on every radio station they can manage. :rockbrow::sneaky::lol:

wayzim
30-Apr-2011, 11:46 AM
Funny, the Britney thing, since that's what the press has been nicknaming Harrys sometimes girl, Chelsy Davy.
I'd thought, when Harry and Pippa were together, that maybe he should just put the moves on her instead, trade up as it were. As the other middleton girl, she impressed for sure.

Wayne Z

Tricky
30-Apr-2011, 11:50 AM
A quick google brings it up http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/1779423.stm

As for Harry, that Chelsea Davey is a bit of alright, but looks miserable in nearly every photo I've seen of her, and the other Middleton definitely looks like she'd be worth a bit of "hows your father"....

kortick
30-Apr-2011, 12:40 PM
It was nice I guess to see something on TV other than
the usual gloom and doom stuff about wars and the economy
and Donald Trump wanting to see the godamn birth certificate.

I wonder if you asked Trump to provide the birth certificates
of all the people he makes work the shitty jobs in his hotels
how fast he would do it.

But I wish them a happy marriage.
Lord knows marriage itself is tough but
to have all that attention on them 24/7 must suck.

Also, had to be uncomfortable for Prince William
at his bachelor party seeing how
all the bills he stuffed into the strippers g-strings
had his Grandmother's face on them.

Her first Royal 'job'...
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5639/duty.jpg

MoonSylver
30-Apr-2011, 03:32 PM

Don't know if that's Photoshop, or just a coincidence, but it's damn funny either way. :D

SymphonicX
30-Apr-2011, 04:55 PM
You're congratulating me on this!? Serious bro?

Crazy world we live in.

Confederation of British Industry put the total cost at £6bn, we made back 2bn, so that's a cost of £4bn but I think those estimates were a bit over the top.

Either way....I cannot, absolutely cannot for the life of me understand why people would put up a middle class art student and a balding inbred on a pedestal above all others and be suitably distracted by all the shit that's happening in Haiti (eating "mud cookies" to survive) Syria, Libya, etc.

I don't really care if that offends or gets the royalists/conservatives here off their bar stools...there's no doubt about it, the sheer number of people who paid £75 to camp in Clapham Common, four miles from the actual event, tells you the level of fever attached to this sillyness. Madness. I got better things to waste my time on both on this board and in my day to day life.

KM's quite a dish though, her sis is pretty smokin' too. I blame Harry Potter for all this.

MinionZombie
01-May-2011, 09:49 AM
But then if all public holidays cost the country that much, do we then need less public holidays?

There seems to be a mixed picture of this apparent cost to the economy:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Royal-Wedding/Retailers-Expect-Sales-Boost-From-Royal-Wedding-But-Bank-Holiday-Will-Cost-UK-Billions/Article/201104415980420?f=rss

Brits will spend £480m for the Royal Wedding, with an average of £29 per person, according to figures by Moneysupermarket.com.

To this, Sky News Business Correspondent Dharshini David said: "It is an interesting estimate from the CBI - but then of course, three of the recent/upcoming bank holidays happen every year, and assuming the cost of the disruption is spread equally across the four, the "cost" of tomorrow's is £1.5bn.

"That's about 0.1% of GDP so in terms of the impact on year-on-year growth, it's likely to be minimal once you weigh up the impact on tourism etc."

The event will boost tourism which is of huge value to the economy; it is worth £97bn per annum and supports two million jobs, according to visitEngland.

Now, I'm not sure if this is a figment of my imagination, or if it didn't happen in the end, but I recall reading/hearing something about the Royal Wedding replacing a public holiday further down the line - so that would mean no additional cost - however it's entirely possible that that suggestion would have pissed people off who would demand that it be an extra public holiday ... but again, I'm not sure if I dreamed that, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading something about it way back in last year sometime.

There was an interesting suggestion that the Royal Wedding would inspire more consumerism than England's miserable effort at last year's World Cup too.

Now, if I had a choice, I'd rather spend money on an extra holiday such as this, than on £120m per day just to service deficit interest rates - that money gains nothing back, and that's just to stand still IIRC.

Of course, points can be bandied back-and-forth from this point on, but I think we can predict each other's responses ... so what's the point in the hassle?

However, what we can all agree on, I'm sure, is that Kate and Pippa Middleton are fit as. ;)

wayzim
01-May-2011, 12:11 PM
You're congratulating me on this!? Serious bro?

Crazy world we live in.

Confederation of British Industry put the total cost at £6bn, we made back 2bn, so that's a cost of £4bn but I think those estimates were a bit over the top.

Either way....I cannot, absolutely cannot for the life of me understand why people would put up a middle class art student and a balding inbred on a pedestal above all others and be suitably distracted by all the shit that's happening in Haiti (eating "mud cookies" to survive) Syria, Libya, etc.

I don't really care if that offends or gets the royalists/conservatives here off their bar stools...there's no doubt about it, the sheer number of people who paid £75 to camp in Clapham Common, four miles from the actual event, tells you the level of fever attached to this sillyness. Madness. I got better things to waste my time on both on this board and in my day to day life.

KM's quite a dish though, her sis is pretty smokin' too. I blame Harry Potter for all this.

Abit long in the tooth here for Potter, but you can blame Monty Python, Benny Hill, Fawlty Towers, The Young Ones, The old St Trinian films (haven't caught the new versions yet, more the pity. ) Hammer Films, James Bond, Richard Burton, Masterpiece theatre, Sherlock Holmes - etc, etc.

Wayne Z
"And since none of our contestants suceeded in summarizing Proust, we give the award to the girl with the biggest tits. "

And now ... The reason The Infected couldn't crash William and Kate's wedding?
They got hung up in the queue ...
( cue to sound of crickets, no not the sport. )

SymphonicX
01-May-2011, 01:13 PM
But then if all public holidays cost the country that much, do we then need less public holidays?

There seems to be a mixed picture of this apparent cost to the economy:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Royal-Wedding/Retailers-Expect-Sales-Boost-From-Royal-Wedding-But-Bank-Holiday-Will-Cost-UK-Billions/Article/201104415980420?f=rss

Now, I'm not sure if this is a figment of my imagination, or if it didn't happen in the end, but I recall reading/hearing something about the Royal Wedding replacing a public holiday further down the line - so that would mean no additional cost - however it's entirely possible that that suggestion would have pissed people off who would demand that it be an extra public holiday ... but again, I'm not sure if I dreamed that, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading something about it way back in last year sometime.

There was an interesting suggestion that the Royal Wedding would inspire more consumerism than England's miserable effort at last year's World Cup too.

Now, if I had a choice, I'd rather spend money on an extra holiday such as this, than on £120m per day just to service deficit interest rates - that money gains nothing back, and that's just to stand still IIRC.

Of course, points can be bandied back-and-forth from this point on, but I think we can predict each other's responses ... so what's the point in the hassle?

However, what we can all agree on, I'm sure, is that Kate and Pippa Middleton are fit as. ;)
Yeah I can't argue with your last point there.

Personally I'm sure its done overall good for the country but I'm sceptical about the value attached to royalty in general. However if it brings in tourist dollars, then great - but as I say, I wasn't there nor did I care really what happened either way, but yeah - KM and PM are proper dishes!

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Abit long in the tooth here for Potter, but you can blame Monty Python, Benny Hill, Fawlty Towers, The Young Ones, The old St Trinian films (haven't caught the new versions yet, more the pity. ) Hammer Films, James Bond, Richard Burton, Masterpiece theatre, Sherlock Holmes - etc, etc.

Wayne Z
"And since none of our contestants suceeded in summarizing Proust, we give the award to the girl with the biggest tits. "

And now ... The reason The Infected couldn't crash William and Kate's wedding?
They got hung up in the queue ...
( cue to sound of crickets, no not the sport. )

hahahah brill - thanks for listing those! Brought a smile to my face...I was of course only kidding about Hairy Plopper....! hehehe

clanglee
01-May-2011, 08:36 PM
. I blame Harry Potter for all this.

???? You don't remember how freaking crazy everyone went over Charles and Dianna? That insanity put this one to shame!

Danny
01-May-2011, 09:24 PM
???? You don't remember how freaking crazy everyone went over Charles and Dianna? That insanity put this one to shame!

not me, like 8 years before i was a sperm.

_liam_
01-May-2011, 09:53 PM
Not really bothered, the faux nationalist cheer winds me up a bit though. On the day I woke up around 4pm & then went to a Restarts concert :p

AcesandEights
02-May-2011, 02:10 PM

SymphonicX
03-May-2011, 08:27 AM

I was born 1981 which I think was their wedding year? So yeah I did kinda miss that one, but I did see a documentary once, there do seems to be far less commemorative plates this year....!