PDA

View Full Version : Exit Humanity (film) - Living Dead film set after the Civil War

Neil
12-May-2011, 08:29 PM
From the writer of Ponty Pool, and staring Bill Moseley, we have "Exit Humanity":-

Exit Humanity is a story told through the written and illustrated journal of Edward Young as he battles his way through an unexplainable outbreak of the walking dead a decade after the American Civil War. After returning home from a hunting trip to find a horrific re-animation of his wife Julia, and that their son Adam has disappeared, Edward starts to record his experiences with the walking dead as well as the

unexplainable outbreak that has torn his family apart, and threatens all of mankind. Throughout his harrowing journey Edward finds friendship, guidance and love amongst chaos and despair, when all else seems to be lost in a world robbed of its humanity.

Official site - http://www.exithumanity.com

Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Exit-Humanity/139350362778217

IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1781812/

TG0EONvG6BM

kidgloves
04-Sep-2011, 01:08 PM
New trailer

yfLQLQUdDxQ

Neil
12-Nov-2011, 01:31 PM
Review at AICN likes it - Look 3/4 down the page here http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51929

paranoid101
12-Nov-2011, 05:32 PM
Looks interesting this film, nice to see a different time period zombie movie.

fulci fan
13-Nov-2011, 10:06 AM
looks too much like video. Instantly ruined it for me.

Legion2213
13-Nov-2011, 12:12 PM
Sorry, this looks like a load of old cock. The trailers I've seen do nothing for me at all. Well, actually, they leave me thinking that I don't really want to see this film.

Neil
13-Nov-2011, 03:11 PM
Well, don't forget it's low budget. CAD 300,000 I think...

Zombie Snack
13-Nov-2011, 08:00 PM
Got to be better than that dumb zombie/nazi/snow movie I saw.

mpokera
14-Nov-2011, 07:04 AM
Got to be better than that dumb zombie/nazi/snow movie I saw.

Dead Snow? I loved that movie! Sure it was dumb but it was all kinds of fun! Of course the Nazis in it weren't really zombies at all but ghosts or evil spirits.

Mike70
14-Nov-2011, 05:55 PM
Sorry, this looks like a load of old cock. The trailers I've seen do nothing for me at all. Well, actually, they leave me thinking that I don't really want to see this film.

right there with ya on this one. looks like something filmed on a camera you can get at best buy. no thanks. don't care what the budget was. there's no substitute for professionalism. in movies, much as in life, appearance is damn near everything.

fulci fan
16-Nov-2011, 01:41 AM
Idk about you all, but when I want to watch a zombie movie, I want it to be all business. No horse play. Once you add silliness or comedic elements to a zombie film, it goes to shit. I think the reason why all these new low budget zombie movies suck is because the filmmakers don't know how to make zombies scary.

corpsefan
16-Nov-2011, 11:42 AM
yeah, that was a bit goofy. hell even my wife liked dead snow, and she hates all good movies. but the one thing that i was trying to figure out was, are they zombies?, are they ghosts?, what the hell? our conclusion was that they were some sort of bleeding,rotting ghost or phanom of some sort. kinda diffrent way to look at horror movies. i hate to say it...but in a weird way it was a bit refreshing to a stale and stagnant genre of films. leave it to the europeans to change cinema for the better(?)

-- -------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

i will hafte agree with you on that. i also believe that the zombie apocalypse would be a serious matter and not something that should be taken too lightly. or in fact lightly at all. i mean if there is a horde of walking raotting mindless eating machines on my ass just waiting to get ahold of my ass, i dont think there will be a whole lot of room for humor, and i dont think that i will be in the mood for a knock-knock joke. but of course thats just my loud mouthed opinion. none-the-less i will agree with you on this topic

Andy
16-Nov-2011, 11:58 AM
From the writer of Ponty Pool, and staring Bill Moseley, we have "Exit Humanity":-

Exit Humanity is a story told through the written and illustrated journal of Edward Young as he battles his way through an unexplainable outbreak of the walking dead a decade after the American Civil War. After returning home from a hunting trip to find a horrific re-animation of his wife Julia, and that their son Adam has disappeared, Edward starts to record his experiences with the walking dead as well as the

unexplainable outbreak that has torn his family apart, and threatens all of mankind. Throughout his harrowing journey Edward finds friendship, guidance and love amongst chaos and despair, when all else seems to be lost in a world robbed of its humanity.

So its Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare:The Movie?

:shifty:

Mike70
17-Nov-2011, 04:32 PM
Idk about you all, but when I want to watch a zombie movie, I want it to be all business. No horse play. Once you add silliness or comedic elements to a zombie film, it goes to shit. I think the reason why all these new low budget zombie movies suck is because the filmmakers don't know how to make zombies scary.

well, we actually agree on something. i'm right there with you. i want zombies played straight up. most attempts to add comedy to these types of films fall flat on their face. i give you "survival of the dead" as an example.

"shaun" is probably the only movie to successfully pull off zombies mixed with comedy.

AcesandEights
17-Nov-2011, 04:38 PM
Aw, man. I've been saying the same thing, as well. I don't mind "zomedies" when done well, the problem is that every jackass who makes a crappy zombie movie thinks labeling it a zomedy gets it a free-pass, or people just cashing in on the popularity of the genre peddle their wares with no attempt at making a quality film, and the overall effect on the genre is a general downturn in the horror quotient.

Mike70
17-Nov-2011, 04:45 PM
and the overall effect on the genre is a general downturn in the horror quotient.

is there a parabola for that? have the equations been done?

Neil
20-Apr-2012, 12:51 PM
_DExlXcU20U

rongravy
20-Apr-2012, 03:16 PM
The make up looks good. I'd check it out.

shootemindehead
20-Apr-2012, 07:59 PM
...except they forgot to make up the hands.

kidgloves
29-May-2012, 06:07 PM
Just got through watching this. Well 86 mins of it anyway. Its one of the most uninteresting takes on the zombie genre I've ever seen.
Its very very low budget and it shows. Virtually all the scenes take place in the woods with chapters of the story linked with animations and the movie becomes old very very quickly. I couldn't give a toss about any of the characters because they were so bland.
Steer well clear.

AcesandEights
29-May-2012, 06:10 PM
Just got through watching this. Well 86 mins of it anyway. Its one of the most uninteresting takes on the zombie genre I've ever seen.
Its very very low budget and it shows. Virtually all the scenes take place in the woods with chapters of the story linked with animations and the movie becomes old very very quickly. I couldn't give a toss about any of the characters because they were so bland.
Steer well clear.

That's a damn shame to hear. I was just watching one of the longer previews for the film this weekend on youtube, and they do a decent job of dressing it up, I was actually hoping the negatives I'd originally heard were wrong.

Thanks for the warning, KG!

botc
27-Jun-2012, 07:28 PM
I think it's sad you didn't enjoy it.
Though I could done without the screaming and the explanation of the cause. And I would shot the witch bitch.

shootemindehead
01-Sep-2012, 12:42 PM
So, watched this last night and I'm sorry to say that it's one of the most boring zombie flicks I've ever sat through. In fact, I was so bored that I ended up on the computer with the film running in the background. The idea is great, but the execution is awful and it's all so terribly long.

It is low budget, but low budget these days still has a decent look. It's not 'Texas Chainsaw Hookers' low. The acting is ok and there's a part for Dee Wallace ('The Howling', 'E.T.', 'Cujo') too. The zombies are alright, but the explanation for their existence is a bit silly, although I can't quite remember what it was. By the time it was mentioned I'd long since gave up on the film.

I kept thinking that Romero in his heyday could have made a masterpiece with it, but unfortunately, it never reaches above middling. It's way too long as well and could have done with some trimming. Also, the animated sequences just don't sit well at all.

I know I'm hard to please, but 'Exit Humanity' just didn't do it for me, which is a great shame, because the concept was a great one.

botc is correct, there's a lot of screaming going on by the characters for some reason. But it quickly becomes irritating. It led to me screaming STFU at the screen. Although, in one instance it made sense.