PDA

View Full Version : Carrie remake

Neil
20-May-2011, 05:14 PM
A brave move!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Carrie-Remake-Coming-From-The-Writer-Of-Spider-Man-Turn-Off-The-Dark-24810.html

JDFP
20-May-2011, 06:10 PM
They're all going to laugh at you!!!

The original "Carrie" is, of course, a fantastic classic. I absolutely dig it very much.

I guess this would be a second re-make as "Carrie's" already been re-made back a few years ago with that hot Aussie chick (Claire) from "LOST" and my fellow Knoxvillian fantastic actor David Keith (who is always highly underrated as an actor). The re-make was actually pretty damn good too -- I'd actually recommend it to people who haven't seen it yet. I have it on DVD.

Of course, "Carrie 2: The Rage" was pretty crappy but the ending is actually surprisingly good. The film actually didn't suck like most high school/kid films seem to do (eh, I didn't think it sucked at least).

As far as another re-make of "Carrie" -- I say bring it on, it'll be interesting to see what they can do with the story and how they choose to handle the ending (there have been three endings so far, the ending of the book, the ending of the first film, and the ending of the re-make with David Keith -- all of them very different).

j.p.

Neil
22-May-2011, 05:14 PM
As far as another re-make of "Carrie" -- I say bring it on, it'll be interesting to see what they can do with the story and how they choose to handle the ending (there have been three endings so far, the ending of the book, the ending of the first film, and the ending of the re-make with David Keith -- all of them very different).

j.p.
My concern is the current 'teen' orientated films we seem to be having. A 12yr old certificate with young teenage kids with plenty of angst yada yada...

JDFP
22-May-2011, 05:53 PM
My concern is the current 'teen' orientated films we seem to be having. A 12yr old certificate with young teenage kids with plenty of angst yada yada...

It begs an interesting question as to who could be convincingly cast as "Carrie". Could you picture Chloe Moretz or an older Ellen Page (who looks about 15 anyway)? You'd have to have a stellar actress to play Carrie and Carrie's mother or the film would be a complete disaster. As far as Carrie's mother -- why not cast Sissy Spacek? Now that would be a perfect 'salute' to the original film!

"No momma, please don't lock me in the closet again, Momma!"

Interesting tidbit: At work I randomly yell out lines from Carrie just to get reactions from people. There are many great films to quote from, of course, but I find "Carrie" to be the most entertaining even if girls become offended when I yell: "Plug it up! Plug it up!". :D

j.p.

MoonSylver
22-May-2011, 06:22 PM
They're all going to laugh at you!!!

:lol: I am right now! ;)

Even King said he didn't really see the need for a remake as the movie was so good. But, meh, it's the way of things. :|

JDFP
22-May-2011, 06:26 PM
:lol: I am right now! ;)

Even King said he didn't really see the need for a remake as the movie was so good. But, meh, it's the way of things. :|

Funny thing is, if it was announced Frank Darabont was going to re-make it everyone here would jizzing in their Scooby-Doo shorts right now. It seems that it's often not a matter of what the film is or if it has been done before so much as to *whose* hand is in the film.

j.p.

MoonSylver
22-May-2011, 07:07 PM
Funny thing is, if it was announced Frank Darabont was going to re-make it everyone here would jizzing in their Scooby-Doo shorts right now. It seems that it's often not a matter of what the film is or if it has been done before so much as to *whose* hand is in the film.

j.p.

Honestly, I don't know WHO is involved in this one, & don't care. It could BE Frank Darabont for all I know. Still not interested. :)