PDA

View Full Version : RIP: 'Macho Man' Randy Savage

AcesandEights
20-May-2011, 05:45 PM
Just heard about it in the shout box from SlickWilly. :(

http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/20/randy-savage-car-accident-macho-man-dead-dies-died-killed-wwe-wrestler-florida/

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2011/05/rip_macho_man_r.html

bassman
20-May-2011, 05:53 PM
As I said in the shoutbox.....Heart Attack - no surprise there.

It's strange seeing that bottom photo on TMZ. No black hair dye and he almost looks like a normal person....

Mitchified
20-May-2011, 06:01 PM
I'll always remember him as the guy that I never understood as a child. I don't mean that he was a complicated person, I mean that I literally didn't understand a word coming out of his mouth. For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIaK3hEJiX0&feature=related

slickwilly13
20-May-2011, 06:19 PM
I'll always remember him as the guy that I never understood as a child. I don't mean that he was a complicated person, I mean that I literally didn't understand a word coming out of his mouth. For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIaK3hEJiX0&feature=related

You know why he snorted at the end, right? *L*

LoSTBoY
20-May-2011, 06:39 PM
I'm strangely near tears here. :(

Part of my childhood, was one of my favorite wrestlers.

acealive1
20-May-2011, 07:42 PM
this is honestly one of the saddest days in my entire life, i saw him wrestle live a few times and never got tired of his whole persona. he just had that it factor besides being a natural athlete. one of the best ever has just left us.

the last time i felt like this, owen hart and brian pillman had died and i had just seen them wrestle quite recently before that time.

kidgloves
20-May-2011, 08:19 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah shit.

RIP Macho Man

JDFP
20-May-2011, 08:23 PM
I told him to *not* snap into that last Slim Jim, but he just didn't listen...

Funny story, I actually used to work with Mr. Fuji (yes, THAT Mr. Fuji) at the theatre I was an assistant manager at during college (from 2003 - 2006). Fuji's retired and doesn't really need money, but he enjoyed being the usher there just to take tickets and be around people so he wouldn't go crazy sitting around at home. Fuji could barely walk from his wrestling injuries and you had to strain to listen to a damn thing the man said (not that he was ever terribly coherent to begin with).

Fuji would tell some whoppers of some stories about some of these Macho Man type wrestlers from back in the 80's (some of which I wonder if it was BS or if the truth), from telling Rick Flair back in the early 70's or so: "Hey, that whooo thing you just did sounded really good, you should use that as your trademark!" to how basically EVERYONE in the 80's did copious amounts of that specific Columbian nose candy. Seems that stuff catches up with you after awhile, after all.

I do recall a few of Fuji's stories though, one of which was that he really missed Andre The Giant because he said Andre had a heart of pure gold and how shocking it was to see his friend Ted Debiassy (spelling? Anyway, the Million Dollar Man) go from being one of the bigger drug-takers (and assholes) into a complete 180 turn after finding God and becoming a missionary.

j.p.

rongravy
20-May-2011, 08:38 PM
this is honestly one of the saddest days in my entire life, i saw him wrestle live a few times and never got tired of his whole persona. he just had that it factor besides being a natural athlete. one of the best ever has just left us.

Troo dat, but I was sadder a few years back when I wikied Miss Elizabeth and found out she'd already been dead awhile...

acealive1
20-May-2011, 08:50 PM
Troo dat, but I was sadder a few years back when I wikied Miss Elizabeth and found out she'd already been dead awhile...

dont u hate those,man? theres a few wrestlers/actors like that where u dont know if they're alive til u wiki them.

rongravy
20-May-2011, 09:27 PM
dont u hate those,man? theres a few wrestlers/actors like that where u dont know if they're alive til u wiki them.
Dooood, the other day I wikied Robert Schimmel, a hilarious comedian, because I wanted to see if he was still touring, and I find out he's been dead for about a year. All the shit in the guy's past that should've killed him, but he ends up biting it in a car crash.
Maybe I should only wiki stars I hate, like Tom Cruise or Russell Brand or...

AcesandEights
20-May-2011, 10:07 PM

Weird you mention it, but the first thing I did after hearing about Randy Savage this afternoon was wiki Miss Elizabeth. That was definitely sad.

MoonSylver
20-May-2011, 10:28 PM
Yeah, I new Elizabeth was gone for awhile now. Very sad end too. :( Bummed to hear Schimmel is gone too, had no idea. :( RIP Macho Man as well. Back in the day when he turned from heel to hero was one of the most exciting events ever at the time. :(

rongravy
21-May-2011, 12:08 AM
Weird you mention it, but the first thing I did after hearing about Randy Savage this afternoon was wiki Miss Elizabeth. That was definitely sad.
Wait, I wikied her right after that one wrestler roided out or something. She was too beautiful to be done in like that. A queen.

Bummed to hear Schimmel is gone too, had no idea. :(
That one was rough, I'd thought he;d even semi recently had a newer special aired, but then I have no real concept of time. Could've been awhile back, but dang, he'd survived some schnit. His earlier HBO special I had on VHS, and it always had me in tears. Why couldn't that have happened to someone like Mencia, or Dane Cook?
Kidding, but still...

CoinReturn
21-May-2011, 12:25 AM
What a bummer. is matches were always at least solid, if not phenomenal, and his intensity on the mic is still unrivaled.

At least we'll have the memories, like this:

http://i.imgur.com/LK8Sh.gif

MoonSylver
21-May-2011, 04:42 AM
Wait, I wikied her right after that one wrestler roided out or something. She was too beautiful to be done in like that. A queen.

I got curious one night & started hitting the Wikki pages on a bunch of my favorite wrestlers from back in the day. A lot of those poor bastards have had a hard road since then. It's actually pretty sad. :(

MikePizzoff
21-May-2011, 01:24 PM
This is bogus... brotherrr.

acealive1
21-May-2011, 06:49 PM
Dooood, the other day I wikied Robert Schimmel, a hilarious comedian, because I wanted to see if he was still touring, and I find out he's been dead for about a year. All the shit in the guy's past that should've killed him, but he ends up biting it in a car crash.
Maybe I should only wiki stars I hate, like Tom Cruise or Russell Brand or...

it gets me when u have those favorite people u like seeing do their thing go too soon. like julius carry from the last dragon.......who'd ever get tired of that guy?

MoonSylver
21-May-2011, 08:04 PM
it gets me when u have those favorite people u like seeing do their thing go too soon. like julius carry from the last dragon.......who'd ever get tired of that guy?

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/calkron/GIFFs/Movies/Shonuff.gif

SHO NUFF!!! ;)

I was quite bummed when he passed. Pancreatic cancer. Rough way to go. :(

acealive1
21-May-2011, 09:44 PM
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/calkron/GIFFs/Movies/Shonuff.gif

SHO NUFF!!! ;)

I was quite bummed when he passed. Pancreatic cancer. Rough way to go. :(

i'd imagine so as a friend of mine had pancreatitis just recently and lost like 20 pounds in a week due to being in ICU only only having an IV drip to eat.

MoonSylver
21-May-2011, 11:01 PM
Huh. Apparently the Rapture WAS averted by a flying elbow from the top turnbuckle...

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lljtafeKVM1qztknso1_500.jpg

:lol:

acealive1
22-May-2011, 12:12 AM
Huh. Apparently the Rapture WAS averted by a flying elbow from the top turnbuckle...

PERFECT! lol

kidgloves
23-May-2011, 04:21 PM
Its pretty shocking when you look at the famous wrestlers who died early

Art Barr - 28
Gino Hernandez - 29
Lance Cade - 29
Jay Youngblood - 30
Rick McGraw - 30
Joey Marella - 30
Ed Gatner - 31
Buzz Sawyer - 32
Crash Holly - 32
Kerry Von Erich - 33
D.J. Peterson - 33
Eddie Gilbert - 33
The Renegade - 33
Chris Candido - 33
Test - 33
Adrian Adonis - 34
Gary Albright - 34
Bobby Duncum Jr. - 34
Owen Hart - 34
Yokozuna - 34
Big Dick Dudley - 34
Brian Pillman - 35
Marianna Komlos - 35
Umaga - 36
Pitbull #2 - 36
The Wall/Malice - 36
Emory Hale - 36
Leroy Brown - 38
Mark Curtis - 38
Eddie Guerrero - 38
John Kronus - 38
Davey Boy Smith - 39
Johnny Grunge - 39
Chris Kanyon - 40
Vivian Vachon - 40
Jeep Swenson - 40
Brady Boone - 40
Terry Gordy - 40
Bertha Faye - 40
Billy Joe Travis - 40
Chris Benoit - 40
Larry Cameron - 41
Rick Rude - 41
Randy Anderson - 41
Bruiser Brody - 42
Miss Elizabeth - 42
Big Boss Man - 42
Earthquake - 42
Mike Awesome - 42
Biff Wellington - 42
Brian Adams (Crush) - 43
Ray Candy - 43
Nancy Benoit (Woman) - 43
Dino Bravo - 44
Curt Hennig - 44
El Gigante/Giant Gonzalez - 44
Bam Bam Bigelow - 45
Jerry Blackwell - 45
Junkyard Dog - 45
Hercules - 45
Toni Adams - 45
Andre the Giant - 46
Big John Studd - 46
Chris Adams - 46
Mike Davis - 46
Hawk - 46
Mitsuharu Misawa - 46
Ludvig Borga - 47
Luna Vachon - 48
Steve Dunn - 48
Cousin Junior - 48
Dick Murdoch - 49
Jumbo Tsuruta - 49
Rocco Rock - 49
Sherri Martel - 49
Steve Williams - 49
Moondog Spot - 51
Bastion Booger/Norman the Lunatic - 53
Ken Timbs - 53
Uncle Elmer - 54
Pez Whatley - 54
The Angel of Death - 54
Eddie Graham - 55
Tarzan Tyler - 55
Haystacks Calhoun- 55
Giant Haystacks - 55
Buddy Rose - 56
Kurt Von Hess - 56
Moondog King - 56
Randy Savage - 58
Gene Anderson - 58
Dr. Jerry Graham - 58
Bulldog Brown - 58
Tony Parisi - 58
Rufus R. Jones - 60
Ray Stevens - 60
Stan Stasiak - 60
Terry Garvin - 60
Boris Malenko - 61
Little Beaver - 61
Sapphire - 61
Shohei Baba - 61
Sir Oliver Humperdink - 62
Dick the Bruiser - 62
Wilbur Snyder - 62
George Cannon - 62
Karl Krupp - 62
Dale Lewis - 62
Gorilla Monsoon - 62
Hiro Matsuda - 62
Bad News Brown - 63
Bulldog Brower - 63
SD Jones - 63
Wahoo McDaniel - 63

bassman
23-May-2011, 04:43 PM
How is that shocking? Probably more than 90% of wrestlers wreck their bodies with steroids. That's why earlier in the thread I said it was no shock that Savage had a heart attack. I suppose it's also just a coincidence that most of them are bald but try to hide it? I bet their balls are the size of BB's too. :lol:

AcesandEights
23-May-2011, 04:48 PM
I agree. Between the hell they put their bodies through, the lifestyle and the pull towards negative behavior that seems endemic to the industry, it's no surprise at all.

Also, this:

Apparently the Rapture WAS averted by a flying elbow from the top turnbuckle...

:lol: Funny as hell :lol:

MoonSylver
23-May-2011, 05:43 PM
I agree. Between the hell they put their bodies through, the lifestyle and the pull towards negative behavior that seems endemic to the industry, it's no surprise at all.

Maybe "shocking" isn't the best word when you really stop & think about it, but I havn't been a fan for years, & when I see a list like that, or go on Wikipedia & read up on some of the hard times some of these guys have fallen on, I'll admit I'm kind of shocked. Same way as when you see a high school teacher you used to have & they're so "OLD" now. You picture them in your mind they way you always knew them back then. When I was younger I always thought those guys were "rich" & "famous". However, both are fleeting, & then what's left? :(

:lol: Funny as hell :lol:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/2776/machomanb.jpg

Doc
23-May-2011, 10:42 PM

We shall miss that devastating elbow drop. :lol:

Mitchified
23-May-2011, 11:32 PM
As a kid, I remember watching a Wrestlemania match where the Ultimate Warrior kicked out of five (FIVE!) Macho Man elbow drops. So if I've learned anything over the last few days, it's this:

Ultimate Warrior > Rapture

rongravy
24-May-2011, 01:34 AM
Wow, Some of the names on the list. Then I ended up spending even more time on wiki looking up others I could remember.
I really only watched WWF from early 80's to around the mid/late 80's. But it seemed to be on all the time. All the characters were cool and hilarious. Now they just suck, as they have since I quit watching.
The art has been dead for a very long time. Either that, or I just grew up. I hear people talking about wrestling like it's real... STILL.
It's too much like a soap opera for guys, it was better back when I was still playing with my He Man peoples. I'm amazed people pay all that money to see it on PPV. I can't even think of any boxers I'd pay to see, let alone fake wrasslin'.
That being said: RIP to all those from my hey day. Some of them died from car wrecks. And yeah, Bam Bigelow died with coke in him, but he did save those burning babies...
Some of the ones I saw still alive, yeeeesh. Lanny Poffo? Danggggg.

slickwilly13
01-Jul-2011, 02:25 AM
The heart attack killed him and not the crash, itself. He had a blocked and enlarged heart. The same thing that killed Eddie Guerrero.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/randy-macho-man-savage-cause-of-death-heart-attack-in-car-crash-063011/?gt1=39002

darth los
01-Jul-2011, 02:58 AM
Its pretty shocking when you look at the famous wrestlers who died early

Art Barr - 28
Gino Hernandez - 29
Lance Cade - 29
Jay Youngblood - 30
Rick McGraw - 30
Joey Marella - 30
Ed Gatner - 31
Buzz Sawyer - 32
Crash Holly - 32
Kerry Von Erich - 33
D.J. Peterson - 33
Eddie Gilbert - 33
The Renegade - 33
Chris Candido - 33
Test - 33
Adrian Adonis - 34
Gary Albright - 34
Bobby Duncum Jr. - 34
Owen Hart - 34
Yokozuna - 34
Big Dick Dudley - 34
Brian Pillman - 35
Marianna Komlos - 35
Umaga - 36
Pitbull #2 - 36
The Wall/Malice - 36
Emory Hale - 36
Leroy Brown - 38
Mark Curtis - 38
Eddie Guerrero - 38
John Kronus - 38
Davey Boy Smith - 39
Johnny Grunge - 39
Chris Kanyon - 40
Vivian Vachon - 40
Jeep Swenson - 40
Brady Boone - 40
Terry Gordy - 40
Bertha Faye - 40
Billy Joe Travis - 40
Chris Benoit - 40
Larry Cameron - 41
Rick Rude - 41
Randy Anderson - 41
Bruiser Brody - 42
Miss Elizabeth - 42
Big Boss Man - 42
Earthquake - 42
Mike Awesome - 42
Biff Wellington - 42
Brian Adams (Crush) - 43
Ray Candy - 43
Nancy Benoit (Woman) - 43
Dino Bravo - 44
Curt Hennig - 44
El Gigante/Giant Gonzalez - 44
Bam Bam Bigelow - 45
Jerry Blackwell - 45
Junkyard Dog - 45
Hercules - 45
Toni Adams - 45
Andre the Giant - 46
Big John Studd - 46
Chris Adams - 46
Mike Davis - 46
Hawk - 46
Mitsuharu Misawa - 46
Ludvig Borga - 47
Luna Vachon - 48
Steve Dunn - 48
Cousin Junior - 48
Dick Murdoch - 49
Jumbo Tsuruta - 49
Rocco Rock - 49
Sherri Martel - 49
Steve Williams - 49
Moondog Spot - 51
Bastion Booger/Norman the Lunatic - 53
Ken Timbs - 53
Uncle Elmer - 54
Pez Whatley - 54
The Angel of Death - 54
Eddie Graham - 55
Tarzan Tyler - 55
Haystacks Calhoun- 55
Giant Haystacks - 55
Buddy Rose - 56
Kurt Von Hess - 56
Moondog King - 56
Randy Savage - 58
Gene Anderson - 58
Dr. Jerry Graham - 58
Bulldog Brown - 58
Tony Parisi - 58
Rufus R. Jones - 60
Ray Stevens - 60
Stan Stasiak - 60
Terry Garvin - 60
Boris Malenko - 61
Little Beaver - 61
Sapphire - 61
Shohei Baba - 61
Sir Oliver Humperdink - 62
Dick the Bruiser - 62
Wilbur Snyder - 62
George Cannon - 62
Karl Krupp - 62
Dale Lewis - 62
Gorilla Monsoon - 62
Hiro Matsuda - 62
Bad News Brown - 63
Bulldog Brower - 63
SD Jones - 63
Wahoo McDaniel - 63

And of the O.G's that aren't dead the rest look like shit on a stick. Has anyone seen HBK or Bret hart lately? Holy SHITE ! They look like they regularly bathe in sewage.

:cool:

slickwilly13
01-Jul-2011, 03:09 AM
Bret Hart had a stroke years ago and was never the same, so that is get out of jail free card for him.

darth los
01-Jul-2011, 03:54 AM
Bret Hart had a stroke years ago and was never the same, so that is get out of jail free card for him.

And i wonder what contributed to that? That makes michaels look even worse tho if he looks as bad as a dude who had a stroke. So wats his excuse?

With that said he hit 2 members of the new nexus and drew Mcntyre with sweet chin music the other night so apparently he still has something left.

CM Punk is the man. That is all.

slickwilly13
01-Jul-2011, 04:41 AM
Speaking Chick Magnet Punk, did you watch his rant on RAW last Monday?

darth los
01-Jul-2011, 08:21 PM
Speaking Chick Magnet Punk, did you watch his rant on RAW last Monday?

Of course I did ! That's why he's the man. I don't know if it was work or shoot but if a guy can make work look like shoot then you know you've just seen something special.

You do realize that non wrestling fans have no idea what i just wrote meant right? LMAO !

It was easily the best moment in WWE in the past year and change. I don't think it's coincidence that alot of memorable moments in WWE involve punk. They'd be crazy to let him go. Alot if not all of what he said in his rant was spot on. And if i remember correctly he's done this take this job and shove it angle before with another Organization's world heavywieght title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OS9wZGb_3g

slickwilly13
18-Jul-2011, 03:52 PM
CM Punk won the belt. I did not watch it, but read what happened. Sounded like a damn good ppv.