PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think "The Birds" was a good movie?

Cody
23-Jun-2006, 05:39 AM
I liked it, maybe its because I like aged movies. Havent seen it in awhile though so I'm hoping to scoop that beast up on DVD soon

bassman
23-Jun-2006, 12:49 PM
Not my favorite of his work, but just about anything Hitchcock is good. I seriously doubt that I've ever seen a Hitchcock film that I didn't like.

Debbieangel
23-Jun-2006, 03:16 PM
I liked it, maybe its because I like aged movies. Havent seen it in awhile though so I'm hoping to scoop that beast up on DVD soonThat is one of my fav's...Hitchcock should knew how to make you sit on the edge of your seat! Do you the think the lovebirds were the cause of the birds attacking humans? I never thought so.

p2501
23-Jun-2006, 03:22 PM
Easily one of if not my favorite Hitchcock film.

the entire gas station/diner attack squence and pull away was one of the best sequences ever filmed.

Tullaryx
23-Jun-2006, 04:42 PM

the entire gas station/diner attack squence and pull away was one of the best sequences ever filmed.

Makes you wonder if Romero had filmed the gas station and diner scene Ben spoke about if that and the scene in Birds would be forver compared against each other.

zombie04
24-Jun-2006, 12:38 AM
It's in my top 5 Hitchcock films. For me I'd say

1. Rear Window
This was James Stewart and Hitchcock at their best. Plus the limited setting really worked for this one.

2. Psycho
Just classic, and Anthony Perkins was meant for that role.

3. The Trouble with Harry
For some reason this is on my list. I like it anyways.

4. North by Northwest/Strangers on a Train
For some reason people only remember Hitchcock for his movies that Universal own the rights to, so these are sometimes forgotten. Both are really good and Strangers is a lot better when you've seen Throw Momma From the Train.

5. The Birds
Great movie, and I like the way he would narrate all of the his movie trailers. This one was interesting.

Mike70
24-Jun-2006, 01:45 PM
Not my favorite of his work, but just about anything Hitchcock is good. I seriously doubt that I've ever seen a Hitchcock film that I didn't like.

would agree with you on this one. not my favorite hitchcock but stil a great movie.

i am partial to rope, psycho, dial m for murder, and frenzy.

i like rope because it has a very theatrical feel to it. the movie was shot in these incredibly long takes - some of them being about 10mins long.

psycho is an incredible classic, a movie tha i think will still be considered as such 200 years from now.

dial m for murder has ray milland and grace kelley, a can't miss combination. i love the way hitchcock uses color, particularly wardrobe, to change the mood of this film.

frenzy has an incredibly twisted sense of humour to it that i love.

Kaos
24-Jun-2006, 04:35 PM

That scene scared the living crap out of me when I was a kid.

I am also a fan of Psyco, Vertigo, and The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956 more than the 1934 version).

I also love Mel Brook's spoof of Vertigo, High Anxiety.:D

bassman
26-Jun-2006, 02:31 PM
You guys ever see the remake of "Psycho" with Vince Vaughn as Bates?

It had some good actors(William H. Macy, Vigo Mortenson, Robert Forster, etc.)......but what the hell were they thinking?

p2501
26-Jun-2006, 03:02 PM
Makes you wonder if Romero had filmed the gas station and diner scene Ben spoke about if that and the scene in Birds would be forver compared against each other.

very good point!

Danny
27-Jun-2006, 05:02 AM
i aint too hot on hitchcock films, though i do like how in his trailers he talks to the audience now thats impressive, but the birds rocked, purely becuase the first 5 pages of issue 15 of the goon rips it off completely but with evil zombie babies.