PDA

View Full Version : Dark Tower - Just finished the seventh book...

Neil
23-May-2011, 08:50 AM
Books 2 & 4 were truly excellent!

But I felt book 7 (the final one) just felt drawn out and contrived.

And I'm not entirely sure I'm happy with the ending. So I'm not sure if I've missed some clever meaning with it?!

Danny
23-May-2011, 09:05 AM
i loved the ending because of the promise of it. rolands a constant against the end of the world, in a repeating cycle of following the man in black across the desert to the dark tower. Only each time he doe's it he is improving the world a little each time. It made the world seem so much grander and wasnt some obvious 'everyone lived happily ever after- except all his friends who died' ending, because maybe this time roland would save them. maybe the next cycle was the one to save the world instead of just repair some of the damage.

Neil
23-May-2011, 10:00 AM
^^ Hmmm... Guess so...

BillyRay
23-May-2011, 06:17 PM
It seemed to me that King was leaving the ending of the Dark Tower series open, so he could to return to it if he was inspired (or needed the cash).

Didn't they announce another book coming, recently?

MoonSylver
23-May-2011, 06:33 PM
It seemed to me that King was leaving the ending of the Dark Tower series open, so he could to return to it if he was inspired (or needed the cash).

Didn't they announce another book coming, recently?

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?18567-Stephen-King-confirms-and-announces-quot-The-Dark-Tower-The-Wind-Through-The-Keyhole-quot

BillyRay
23-May-2011, 09:25 PM
http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?18567-Stephen-King-confirms-and-announces-quot-The-Dark-Tower-The-Wind-Through-The-Keyhole-quot

Thank you, Bass! :D

MoonSylver
23-May-2011, 10:25 PM
Thank you, Bass! :D

http://www.goaliestore.com/board/photogallery/data/1/poster-waffen-ss.jpg

:lol:

zombie04
25-May-2011, 05:06 AM
I love Stephen King, and I love the Dark Tower (1-4 primarily) and I would agree the 7th book did feel like something of a let down. However, despite my criticisms of books 5-7, I can't really think of too many other ways to have ended the series. I did like that it was left open a little and would welcome an 8th book if King deems it necessary, but overall my complaints are small in the grand scheme of things. The only thing I really took serious issue with was the dispatching of Randall Flagg. For a character so important in multiple King works, and the Stand being one of his best, I thought it really undermined the character and did the unnecessary by giving him a background story. Rant over.

Neil
25-May-2011, 08:01 AM
The only thing I really took serious issue with was the dispatching of Randall Flagg. For a character so important in multiple King works, and the Stand being one of his best, I thought it really undermined the character and did the unnecessary by giving him a background story. Rant over.

Yes, they just happen to pick up just the thing necessary to dispatch him basically the chapter before :rolleyes: