PDA

View Full Version : water leak from upstairs

acealive1
26-May-2011, 09:11 PM
ok so im here right now and i notice a bit of water trickling from the ceiling above my toilet........so i go upstairs and CALMLY let the lady know either her toilet or shower is leaking.

this lady seriously looks at me with a shocked open mouth look like "my bathroom isnt leaking, i havent used it all day. its because of the rain" WHAT?!!? lady are u on crack?

i can hear a squealing sound when u turn on your water.......so that lets me know YOU ARE USING WATER.

this lady must be the dumbest person ever to live if she thinks two people can go all day without using water. also, shes not young, at least 45 from the looks (and size) of her, so it gives no excuse for her pretty much blowing a gasket. and just yesterday she was so nice talking to me about laundry. sheesh.

anyone ever have a dust up from just having a regular conversation with a neighbor?

EvilNed
26-May-2011, 11:45 PM
Dude, Seriously.

What kinda fucked up neighbourhood are you living in?

acealive1
26-May-2011, 11:55 PM
Dude, Seriously.

What kinda fucked up neighbourhood are you living in?

this is actually the nice part of the city believe it or not. im starting to think i need to just leave the state

bassman
26-May-2011, 11:57 PM
Your first mistake? Going to talk to the upstairs resident. You've told us before that you rent. When you rent, you talk to the owner/landlord about such problems.

And just for future reference, just because it's coming through your ceiling doesn't mean its from the neighbor's tub/sink/toilet/etc. It could always be coming from a different source and the water is working it's way through the walls.

rongravy
27-May-2011, 06:50 AM
I'm spitballing here, but methinks she likes bacon. She is putting the grease from this, plus her Hamburger Helper drippings, down the drain. Inform the manager at once of your problem, and plan your escape. PLAN YOUR ESCAPE.

Neil
27-May-2011, 09:18 AM
ok so im here right now and i notice a bit of water trickling from the ceiling above my toilet........so i go upstairs and CALMLY let the lady know either her toilet or shower is leaking.

this lady seriously looks at me with a shocked open mouth look like "my bathroom isnt leaking, i havent used it all day. its because of the rain" WHAT?!!? lady are u on crack?

i can hear a squealing sound when u turn on your water.......so that lets me know YOU ARE USING WATER.

this lady must be the dumbest person ever to live if she thinks two people can go all day without using water. also, shes not young, at least 45 from the looks (and size) of her, so it gives no excuse for her pretty much blowing a gasket. and just yesterday she was so nice talking to me about laundry. sheesh.

anyone ever have a dust up from just having a regular conversation with a neighbor?
SO her bathroom is above yours? ie: Her bathroom is where the leak is in your ceiling? Well, it's almost certainly got to be the plumbing or shower/toilet leaking... Can't see it really being anything else!

acealive1
27-May-2011, 10:03 AM
SO her bathroom is above yours? ie: Her bathroom is where the leak is in your ceiling? Well, it's almost certainly got to be the plumbing or shower/toilet leaking... Can't see it really being anything else!

yep, our apartments are set up identical and im on the bottom floor. shes also the only unit above me. im no scientist or plumber but i doubt the roof would magically start leaking and then surface in my place by not hers. especially when we had worse rain wednesday than we did thursday.

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 AM ----------

Your first mistake? Going to talk to the upstairs resident. You've told us before that you rent. When you rent, you talk to the owner/landlord about such problems.

And just for future reference, just because it's coming through your ceiling doesn't mean its from the neighbor's tub/sink/toilet/etc. It could always be coming from a different source and the water is working it's way through the walls.

yea i think i may next time,bro. i was just trying to cut out having to bother the landlord who isnt on premises about something very small. but i'll call him from now on seeing as she was a bitch about it LOL. i heard her husband come home yesterday and im damn sure they were arguing about what happened........and it ended very quickly because he probably realized it was their apartment leaking.

DjfunkmasterG
01-Jun-2011, 06:00 AM
If it is above the toilet n your bathroom it could be the wax seal seat on her toilet is bad or the water lines could be running through the ceiling and one sprung a leak.

acealive1
01-Jun-2011, 09:32 PM
If it is above the toilet n your bathroom it could be the wax seal seat on her toilet is bad or the water lines could be running through the ceiling and one sprung a leak.

ok so i sorta got to the bottom of it. i was in the basement washing clothes and the lady's husband was down there looking through some of his things so i just said hi and so did he. then he goes "yea i hear you had a problem". one doesnt have to be incredibly smart to figure out it can be meant several ways and im sure you know how he meant it.

so im like "look, there was a leak before about 6 months ago, exact same spot and the landlord couldnt find a source but did tell you guys to keep your shower curtain IN the tub just in case thats it"

so one of two things happened, either his wife told him some extra shit that i said that didnt happen, or he was trying to get the bulge on me thinking i'd turn into a little bitch and get apologetic for no reason.

he didnt say another word til he got ready to leave which was "have a good weekend" to which i replied nicely. i've never had an issue with anyone here,but they just make too much noise to just be walking around.

Mitchified
01-Jun-2011, 10:09 PM
Your first mistake is living in Toledo.

acealive1
01-Jun-2011, 11:20 PM
Your first mistake is living in Toledo.

like delaware is any better? lol. i didnt have a choice in moving here, i was 13 and my mom moved us here.

Mitchified
01-Jun-2011, 11:26 PM
Delaware is more of a small college town, pretty quiet and laid back. So while it's nothing exciting, it's not quite as psychotic as Toledo or, God forbid, Cincinnati.

acealive1
02-Jun-2011, 12:51 AM
Delaware is more of a small college town, pretty quiet and laid back. So while it's nothing exciting, it's not quite as psychotic as Toledo or, God forbid, Cincinnati.

screw cincy. i have an ex that lives there. dumbest bitch to ever be born. i know where delaware is...i have been through it multiple times going to columbus and gahanna

Mr. Clean
02-Jun-2011, 07:30 AM
I hate apartments. The last one we lived in had several issues.

There was countless layers of white paint.(Every time someone moves out they throw on paint)

The bathroom and kitchen was tiny.

The eletric bill was always high for no damn reason. We went as far as turning off the A/C for several months and just opened the windows and it barely changed in price.

Loud neighbors.

Money grubbing owners...They wanted us to replace our window blinds for no reason midway through our lease.

Shitty appliances. I think our refrigerator and oven was from the 70s.

acealive1
03-Jun-2011, 07:19 PM
I hate apartments. The last one we lived in had several issues.

There was countless layers of white paint.(Every time someone moves out they throw on paint)

The bathroom and kitchen was tiny.

The eletric bill was always high for no damn reason. We went as far as turning off the A/C for several months and just opened the windows and it barely changed in price.

Loud neighbors.

Money grubbing owners...They wanted us to replace our window blinds for no reason midway through our lease.

Shitty appliances. I think our refrigerator and oven was from the 70s.

i can identify with ya,man!!

Yojimbo
05-Jun-2011, 01:16 AM
At least your rental has too be far far less than the crapholes that are avaliable back here in So Cali!

acealive1
05-Jun-2011, 07:53 PM
At least your rental has too be far far less than the crapholes that are avaliable back here in So Cali!

very true, i could never move back unless i had a job making over 100 k a year

Yojimbo
06-Jun-2011, 12:19 AM
very true, i could never move back unless i had a job making over 100 k a year

Plus you can't complain to your apartment neighbors about leaks or noise since they might shoot at you here in Los Angeles.

acealive1
06-Jun-2011, 01:49 AM
Plus you can't complain to your apartment neighbors about leaks or noise since they might shoot at you here in Los Angeles.

uhm.....yea....i remember LOL. i grew up in south central

Yojimbo
06-Jun-2011, 08:01 AM
uhm.....yea....i remember LOL. i grew up in south central

In some ways, living where you are is better than being here, brother. Wherever you go, there's always something that sucks, but no matter where you go there you are, right?

Be happy no matter where you live - don't let the everyday mundane shit get to you, brother. I could find something to complain about even under the best of circumstances, but it is always what we don't complain about that is easily forgotten. You could be in florida and it's too humid, or too rainy and self-congratulatory in Seattle. Too vegan and politically correct in San Francisco, and too much traffic and not much of a mayor in Los Angeles, not enough mexicans in Rhode Island, too many Asians in orange county. Life can suck or it can rule depending on your perspective. One man's mundane retail job is another man's ticket to paradise, right?

acealive1
06-Jun-2011, 10:07 PM
In some ways, living where you are is better than being here, brother. Wherever you go, there's always something that sucks, but no matter where you go there you are, right?

Be happy no matter where you live - don't let the everyday mundane shit get to you, brother. I could find something to complain about even under the best of circumstances, but it is always what we don't complain about that is easily forgotten. You could be in florida and it's too humid, or too rainy and self-congratulatory in Seattle. Too vegan and politically correct in San Francisco, and too much traffic and not much of a mayor in Los Angeles, not enough mexicans in Rhode Island, too many Asians in orange county. Life can suck or it can rule depending on your perspective. One man's mundane retail job is another man's ticket to paradise, right?

very true,but all im asking is for people who are 20 years older than me to chill the fuck out with all the tweaking shit they do 24/7. is it too much to ask to not hear constant hammering and sawing?

Yojimbo
07-Jun-2011, 08:07 AM
very true,but all im asking is for people who are 20 years older than me to chill the fuck out with all the tweaking shit they do 24/7. is it too much to ask to not hear constant hammering and sawing? I hear you brother -it is never too much to ask for people to be considerate of others and generally people are pretty good and understanding about stuff like this. Occasionally you will have to deal with the random ass-face who decides that the rules of good conduct don't apply to them, though. Luckily these folks are usually the exception and not the norm and by and large most folks are pretty decent and cooperative. It adoes sucks when they are not cool and decent, and just a few bastards can really sour folks on the rest of humanity. Try not to let these idiots get to you, though. Life is way too short to sweat the little shit, and it's true that most shit is little shit in the end!

By the way, I can totally relate to having to deal with tweaker neighbors. I nearly got into a punching match with two dudes that lived down the hall from my wife and I years ago because they thought it was funny to blast their music at full volume at 2am. I was able to reason with them and convince them that it would be in our mutual best interests to not make an enemy out of me and we parted with an agreement to be respectful of each other. They later stopped some creep from breaking and entering into my apartment when we were out, so while they were annoying they had some good traits too. I get that I was lucky in my situation, and that not all problems with neighbors can be resolved in a calm and polite manner. Again, don't let the bastards get to you, brotherman!

acealive1
07-Jun-2011, 07:49 PM
I hear you brother -it is never too much to ask for people to be considerate of others and generally people are pretty good and understanding about stuff like this. Occasionally you will have to deal with the random ass-face who decides that the rules of good conduct don't apply to them, though. Luckily these folks are usually the exception and not the norm and by and large most folks are pretty decent and cooperative. It adoes sucks when they are not cool and decent, and just a few bastards can really sour folks on the rest of humanity. Try not to let these idiots get to you, though. Life is way too short to sweat the little shit, and it's true that most shit is little shit in the end!

By the way, I can totally relate to having to deal with tweaker neighbors. I nearly got into a punching match with two dudes that lived down the hall from my wife and I years ago because they thought it was funny to blast their music at full volume at 2am. I was able to reason with them and convince them that it would be in our mutual best interests to not make an enemy out of me and we parted with an agreement to be respectful of each other. They later stopped some creep from breaking and entering into my apartment when we were out, so while they were annoying they had some good traits too. I get that I was lucky in my situation, and that not all problems with neighbors can be resolved in a calm and polite manner. Again, don't let the bastards get to you, brotherman!

man u hit the nail on the head with that one LOL. i dont like my neighbors across the hall either,but since they dont work they can ward off burglars. if i had the chance to move into the other building a few months ago, i would have done it and i wouldnt have ever bitched about the noise because i'd be living under an old man who's never there.

best thing now is to get another place.......away from the welfare freaks.

bassman
07-Jun-2011, 07:59 PM
The grass is always greener.....over the septic tank.

BillyRay
07-Jun-2011, 09:21 PM
The grass is always greener.....over the septic tank.

Erma Bombeck, is that you?

I thought you were dead, you dirty girl.

But you've been bass all this time.

Well played, madam, well played.

(it's too hot today)