PDA

View Full Version : The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Film)

EvilNed
31-May-2011, 09:38 PM
8kOFGI0p6SM

So the red band trailer "leaked" or was virally released or something.

For those of you who don't know I worked (work, actually) on this film and it's been a blast. I still think the trailer is kick ass.

Purge
31-May-2011, 11:25 PM
Saw the foreign version when it was in limited release here and wasn't impressed.

bassman
01-Jun-2011, 12:28 PM
The official version is now released.

yrz9kmZiZR4

I love Fincher's work, so i'll definitely see it. I really know nothing about the novels or previous films, so maybe I should keep it that way?

The cover of Immigrant Song reminds me of the song on the trailer for The Exorcist 2.....

EvilNed
03-Jun-2011, 11:27 AM
Yeah, keep it that way. Purge is right in that the Swedish film isn't great, but I think this one definetly will be.

Trin
03-Jun-2011, 05:08 PM
Personally, I loved the Swedish film versions of all 3. I thought they captured the feel of the characters very well. The casting was phenomenal. The pacing was good. The mix of action and dialog portrayed the events well without getting overly slowed down.

The books are fantastic. The plot lines across all 3 books are very complex and interwoven. The movies do a good job with it to the extent a movie can, but still some of the subtlety is just hinted at. I can see people not liking the movies if they haven't read the books simply because they don't see the big picture.

Honestly, I was irritated that America decided to try to do them. I don't think American filmmaking has the temperament to turn these books into movies. The trailer appears to be evidence of that... frentic scenes thrown at us with a hard rock beat. It looks like we're going to get an action flick, and the books are not about action. I hope it ends up better than it appears via the trailer.

The casting in the trailer looks good though. When I first read the actor choices I was dubious, but they appear to have nailed the look of the characters. Obviously from the trailer we can't determine whether they act like the characters well.

Best of luck to you Ned on the release and acceptance! I'm sure it was a blast to work on these!

zombie04
07-Jun-2011, 06:36 AM
Honestly, I was irritated that America decided to try to do them. I don't think American filmmaking has the temperament to turn these books into movies. The trailer appears to be evidence of that... frentic scenes thrown at us with a hard rock beat. It looks like we're going to get an action flick, and the books are not about action. I hope it ends up better than it appears via the trailer.

I don't think you are necessarily being fair to the new film adaptation. Sure it was odd to make a new theatrical version of the films considering how recent the Swedish films are, however the American version has one thing going for it that I believe makes up for any criticism along the lines of "it's too soon" or "the books won't mix well with American cinema" and that would be David Fincher. So far he hasn't made a film I didn't like, or love for that matter, and he brings something unique to all of his projects. Besides, this was just a teaser trailer so I think it's difficult to make a criticisms of the film based on less than 3 minutes of footage whose purpose was only to raise general interest/curiosity among viewers.

Neil
08-Jun-2011, 10:43 AM
Poster - * NOT WORK FRIENDLY *

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49952

bassman
08-Jun-2011, 12:26 PM
That should be the poster for the new bond movie. :p

bassman
22-Sep-2011, 12:19 PM
Trailer 2. Not as stylish as the first, but longer and more about the characters/story.

JIc0HaG1Eto

Looks great!

EvilNed
22-Sep-2011, 08:57 PM
That's one long ass trailer.

Trin
23-Sep-2011, 01:52 AM
Now that is a much better trailer! My only issues are.... the girl playing Lisbeth doesn't really fit my mental image, and the movie looks remarkably like the Swedish version to the point that it's a bit concerning. The musical score behind the trailer is very fitting.

zombieking
28-Sep-2011, 01:01 PM
After watching trailer and poster i am very much interested now in the movie. :)