PDA

View Full Version : Carmageddon: Reincarnation!

MinionZombie
02-Jun-2011, 10:24 AM
A new Carmageddon game is coming next year.

http://www.carmageddon.com/

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=060111_5

Well folks, we've just received a little press release according to which The Carmageddon brand is coming back to life. So, that's right, from the creators of the original PC titles Carmageddon and Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse, Carmageddon: Reincarnation is officially in development.

"Carmageddon has returned to its Indie developer roots, and the time is right to bring the game to a new audience,” said Patrick Buckland, CEO and Stainless co-founder. “Originally an ambitious title that tested the hardware limits of its day, we’re excited that the game will finally get the showcase it deserves on today’s platforms.”

“Carmageddon: Reincarnation will feature the same black humour and comic violence that made the original game such a success.” said Neil Barnden, Executive Director and Stainless cofounder “All the laughs, the crazy power-ups, and extreme destruction will return. We will make sure the existing fans get what they want and expect from a Carmageddon game, and a new generation discovers the delights of sliding into a Cunning Stunt.”

Carmageddon: Reincarnation is set to arrive in 2012 and will be prepared for digital download.

Stay tuned for more info and media soon. Until then, you can visit www.carmaggedon.com.

Personally I loved the original game, and indeed the third game (only ever played the demo of the second game), so I'm well up for a new one all these years later from the guys who originally brought us the insanity.

Tricky
02-Jun-2011, 12:55 PM
I never actually played the first games, but I do remember there being a lot of sensationalist stuff in the papers about them about how it was encouraging violence etc, didnt they have to change the zombie blood to green to be able to sell the game?

MinionZombie
02-Jun-2011, 05:38 PM
I never actually played the first games, but I do remember there being a lot of sensationalist stuff in the papers about them about how it was encouraging violence etc, didnt they have to change the zombie blood to green to be able to sell the game?

Well, there was a changing of the people to zombies with the original IIRC, however it wasn't too long before an uncut version was released (which I got during my formative years :D), and then the second game featured people or zombies, depending on where you were, and TDR2000 was just zombies.

I'm hoping there won't be any such silly censorship in the new one, but who knows, eh? I mean, GTA made running people over in a car in a videogame mainstream. :elol:

Tricky
02-Jun-2011, 06:05 PM
Ahhh the days when games were still controversial and used to cause uproar in the papers! Remember there being a big blow up over that Doom 2 poster that said "Go to hell - you deserve it!", all the religious types getting their knickers in a twist because it was blasphemous?

Trin
10-Jun-2011, 01:01 AM
I loved Carmageddon and played the crap outta it. The multiplayer was fantastic. I've been in some 8 player games and it's a ton of fun.

Carmageddon 2 was good too, but much harder. The races were so hard, in fact, that exploring the maps was next to impossible. But in many other ways it was a step up from the original.

And so yeah I'm looking forward to a new one!

EvilNed
18-Jun-2011, 08:42 PM
I loved Carmageddon 1 and 2. Great fun. The Iron Maiden tunes in the second game really fit the mood. I hope they go down a similar path with this one.