PDA

View Full Version : My live Daily zombie survival blog

Archamedes
05-Jun-2011, 09:13 PM
Hey I just thought i would let you know that I have just started a blog website following myself in a fictional zombie outbreak. I will be updating it every day with posts, photoshopped images, and cleverly edited videos to tie in with the illusion that I am actually a survivor in an apocalypse. I hve a bonus in that iam a video editor special FX artist and 3D animator so these will surely help me with posted media

So far we are on day 3 of the outbreak and there is nothing really hardcore going on, just the discovery of a new bird flu. Some of the text is clickable and it takes you to other websites that tie in with what is going on. For instance i explain that birds started falling out the sky and bird flu is a suspect. Offsite links will take you to factual websites explaining everything you need to know about dead birds falling out of the sky and bird flu. Not only is this educational, but in some cases it will frightenly tie in very convincingly with the story.

Anyhow you get the idea, i want to try and get this viral if possible, its all new and early days yet but have a look and see if we can get it noticed.
http://zombiesurvivordiarys.blogspot.com/

I welcome any feedback, comments or potential things you would like to see as this blog progresses into "walking dead" anarchy.

Thorn
06-Jun-2011, 02:44 PM
While done before, this appears to be a more clever attempt at it with pictures and such to support it all in all well done. Good luck.

soulsyfn
06-Jun-2011, 06:03 PM
I will give it a shot, I am a big fan of how Adrian's Undead Diary is going so this may be an interesting take on the subject.

Archamedes
07-Jun-2011, 12:25 AM
Yeah It just got real... New video update

BillTheButcher
08-Jun-2011, 06:15 AM
Hope the spelling and grammar is better there than on your post here.

kidgloves
08-Jun-2011, 05:54 PM
Nice. l like what i see so far.
The video updates are great. Did you project that image on the wall in the second video?

Archamedes
08-Jun-2011, 05:58 PM
the 2nd video was actually an old baghdad video clip of a bombing run in 2003. I just placed it over the window and tried to mask out any of me overlapping the window

ZombieKeeper
08-Jun-2011, 07:08 PM
Very cool indeed.

Archamedes
09-Jun-2011, 06:50 PM
why thanks. I have noticed a massive jump in page views the last few days I must be doing something right. Now the initial storyline has opened up the pacing and general writing style is going to get much deeper now. Just finished a new update and we have our first window pic of the infected.

AcesandEights
09-Jun-2011, 06:53 PM
Checking it out now. Lookin' good, sir! Will have to catch up and follow in my spare time at the office ;)

kidgloves
09-Jun-2011, 08:42 PM
the 2nd video was actually an old baghdad video clip of a bombing run in 2003. I just placed it over the window and tried to mask out any of me overlapping the window

:thumbsup:

Aha. Im not far from you mate.
Live in Luton. It could be argued that the zombie apocalypse has been happening here for years :elol:

Archamedes
09-Jun-2011, 10:28 PM
small world. Yes When the tornados dropped bombs in luton town centre it only caused £30 worth of damage, problem was nobody could tell the difference lol. No only kidding, my sister lives there too

ZombieKeeper
10-Jun-2011, 02:13 AM
Would the internet be functional with a zombie apocalypse of this size?

soulsyfn
15-Jun-2011, 10:17 PM
Hey, I took the time to read most of this. And while I did enjoy it, the format makes it really difficult to digest. Also, you would really benefit with some editing - even something as simple as a new set of eyes reviewing your posts before they go live would really help.

Overall though its not a bad read.

Archamedes
16-Jun-2011, 01:00 PM
so i made the local news http://www.thecomet.net/news/zombies_take_over_stevenage_1_922932

Yojimbo
17-Jun-2011, 08:46 AM
so i made the local news http://www.thecomet.net/news/zombies_take_over_stevenage_1_922932

Awesome brother - congrats on the press - rockstar level, brother!

Archamedes
27-Jun-2011, 11:30 AM
Just added my fx heavy video clip of me making it into town looking for supplies, this took a week to edit, but finally its up now