PDA

View Full Version : Dating site scam. (Help!)

Purge
07-Jun-2011, 09:48 PM
I registered for an account at a dating site a few months back, and, predictably, they don't live up to their name and charge your credit card a fee for some of their services. I decided a month or so ago to cancel my mebership and e-mailed them my request, but they're ignoring me. I called my credit union and asked them if there was anything they could do about it, but they said that they couldn't, since it was done with my debit card (?!). Any suggestions? Better Business Bureau, perhaps?

Andy
07-Jun-2011, 10:27 PM
If all else fails you could report your card lost/stolen..

Eyebiter
07-Jun-2011, 11:06 PM
I'd cancel the debit card immediately, and have your bank issue you a new one with a different number.

ProfessorChaos
08-Jun-2011, 03:33 AM
...and don't join dating sites, ffs. network and satellite through friends to meet new people.

Tricky
08-Jun-2011, 08:09 AM
...and don't join dating sites, ffs. network and satellite through friends to meet new people.

The prof speaks wise words here! Although I have met a couple of girls from the net in the past through facebook/myspace for a bit of sexy time, but thats all it was, never led to any more. Meeting girls/ladies socially & in the real world is the way forward, and contrary to popular belief you dont need uber confidence to do it

SymphonicX
15-Jun-2011, 08:21 AM
Nothing wrong with dating sites.
Can I suggest you use the free ones like plentyoffish or OKCUPID - not too bad and some hot girls every now and then.