PDA

View Full Version : "We're Alive" - Excellent zombie audio drama.

Legion2213
14-Jun-2011, 11:11 AM
Anybody been listening to this? It's really rather quite good! (And the only on-going zombie audio show I know of). There is a good 20+ hours worth up to now, so plenty to be going on with and a new episode every Mondy.

You can listen to the pod casts or download them and listen at your liesure here...

Listen - http://www.zombiepodcast.com/The_Zombie_Podcast/WereAliveEpisodes.html

Download - http://www.zombiepodcast.com/The_Zombie_Podcast/DirectDownloads.html

Oh, these aren't classic GAR shamblers, they are almost a hybrid of classic zacks and dark seekers from IAL...but it is still very enjoyable...well acted, solid characters and with great production values.

Well worth a listen.

Sammich
01-Jul-2011, 11:55 PM
I have listened to the first 8 chapters and it is pretty good. They based the story around the area local to me so it is funny hearing street names not that far from here.

Yojimbo
02-Jul-2011, 01:38 AM
I have listened to the first 8 chapters and it is pretty good. They based the story around the area local to me so it is funny hearing street names not that far from here.

Being from Los Angeles too, it is kinda weird hearing those local references. Some of those commercial spots are annoying, gotta say.

kidgloves
03-Jul-2011, 09:41 PM
If you guys are interested, they have been featuring this on recent podcasts on The Walking Deadcast

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/id382998388

Legion2213
04-Jul-2011, 04:00 PM
Hey, good to see a few of you enjoying it, I was pretty pleased when I discovered it.

As for location, I have to rely on googly maps to find out where places are. :D.

And the adverts, yeah, but that just the way things are with these things I suppose...I might pick up the official box sets when they are released, they won't have any ads.

Oh, sorry if it sounds like I am shilling for these people, but, I'm enjoying what they are doing and would like to see it run it's natural course (they do claim to have a start middle and end planned out).

Yojimbo
05-Jul-2011, 02:32 AM
Hey, good to see a few of you enjoying it, I was pretty pleased when I discovered it.

Oh, sorry if it sounds like I am shilling for these people, but, I'm enjoying what they are doing and would like to see it run it's natural course (they do claim to have a start middle and end planned out).
Yeah, I'm digging the show too and what better place to hip your friends who might also enjoy the subject matter but here. Cool show, brother - thanks for letting me know about it.

Thorn
05-Jul-2011, 01:48 PM
It is really well done for a podcast, some of the acting is first rate. While we may argue about what they do, and their approach (the characters) we can not argue that the production value is fairly high and the overall ovffering is very enjoyable for the price (FREE)

Danny
05-Jul-2011, 03:12 PM
i've been listening to it since about chapter 3 was first released and sort of drifted on an off with it. Its enjoyable but the writer seems to have the cliche gun fetish some writers of zombie 'books' have and the annoying schitk of having to end every section with some variation of "i thought it would be 'insert positive term here' but 'insert negative retrospective descriptive here'...." its not major gripe but it really, really puts you off when its so noticeable.