PDA

View Full Version : HOLY SHIT! rabid dog attacked my family! :stunned:

Danny
15-Jun-2011, 10:13 AM
Just got a call from my mom. Apparently a rabid pitbull/rottweiler mongrel showed up on their estate from the local gypsy camp. It started violently attacking their THREE adult huskies, and was in the process of dragging the largest away under the fence!

My moms boyfriend threw a breezeblock on its head, tried dragging it off, now he's in the ER having his pinky finger re-attatched!
finally my mom resorted to stabbing it with a kitchen knife and it finally ran off, taking the biggest huskies front right paw with it!

jesus jumped up christ. what in the fuck?

a man and 3 expensive, loyal, and above all SANE dogs are scarred for life because the local gypos let one of their fighting dogs loose. apparently the police is down there now and the gypsies want to get my mom arrested for animal cruelty.
Now im real anti animal cruelty but this is an extreme case of self defence and who keeps killer dogs near a god damn culdesac that has like 2 dozen kids of primary school age there?!?

jesus...

Legion2213
15-Jun-2011, 10:27 AM
And people wonder why the basic impression of gypos/travellers is that they are pure f*cking scum.

Sincerely upset that your mums dogs have been attacked in this way. It's a good job that your mum and her boyfriend were around to defend the dogs.

And as you say, if this mad dog had wandered into the path of small children, it would have been horrible.

Danny
15-Jun-2011, 10:39 AM
And as you say, if this mad dog had wandered into the path of small children, it would have been horrible.

dude the dog it was dragging away was bigger than a wolf and had walked away from a full on collision with a truck. This was a case of crazy over brawn and by the sounds of it this dog was fucked. if a brickshithouse of a dog like our biggest huskie got ravaged so bad a small human child would have been torn apart like wet paper.

AcesandEights
15-Jun-2011, 02:29 PM
Hellsing, my condolences to you and your family.

I've had lots of problems with dogs off their leashes the last few years at my current residence, even going so far as calling the police and banging on neighbors doors, but no real injuries to anyone. I always have in the back of my mind that some beast of a dog, no doubt owned by some irresponsible piece of shit, will be wandering around the neighborhood and come across my wife while she's walking her small dog.

The inability to control how others might put our loved ones and ourselves at risk through their own carelessness or stupidity is so frustrating. And of course, now that something has actually happened, it's up to you and your family to pick up the pieces, those at fault probably aren't going to shoulder any real responsibility.

I'm interested in how things progress from here with regards to the dog and its owners. The most important thing, however is the health and recovery of your family and their huskies and I'll hope for the best in that regard.

Danny
15-Jun-2011, 02:35 PM
my moms boyfriend is already in surgery trying to reattach the fingers- both pinky and middle and hoping the nerves take again and the dogs paw is just gone. god knows whats going to happen. hate to think this amazing, and lets be honest, very expensive pure bred huskie might have to be put down due to some lazy travellers incompetence.
but the police said sometimes they let fighting dogs off the leash on purpose to see "if they can hack it against anything" to prove they are worthy fighting dogs. fucking monsters.

brer
15-Jun-2011, 02:47 PM
Not trying to sound like a dick.

Aggressive dogs do not last long around here, especially if their owners decide to let them run free. If I'm working somewhere, I will always have a firearm of some type close to me. An aggressive dog or one that is acting funny goes in the bone pit. Local and state laws give me a lot of leeway on how I handle these situations.

If the dog owner gets pissed, so be it. He not only has to put up with me, but he has to put up with every one of my neighbors. If he insists on creating a dangerous situation for the rest of us, he may return home to find a pile of ashes where his house was.

I really do not know how to provide advice other than getting together with other people and hammering it into your local government that this type of stuff will not be tolerated if they do not want to be voted out.

AcesandEights
15-Jun-2011, 02:52 PM
It's almost enough to make you understand that old school mentality of not trusting 'rootless' people passing through their town. The sort of thing you read about in old novels or see in other somewhat dated media. No real identity, no real connection to the area = the real possibility of no responsibility or accountability and therefore crime.

I hope they get the attacking dog in custody, look at all the other animals in these travelers possession for proper records, health etc. and--almost too much to hope for here--legally nail one of the 'owners' for the attack.

Most importantly, I hope something can be worked out for the mauled husky. That's unimaginably sad.

Tricky
15-Jun-2011, 02:59 PM
Nightmare situation Hells, hope all works out as well as it can do following that. Your family ought to watch it for further problems with these gypos too, you know how these travellers are nasty pieces of work and think they are above the law! (which they generally are seen as the police refuse to go on their sites for "safety" reasons).
Some gypos were following me in a van once several years ago when I was out walking my staffordshire bull terrier, they kept pulling up alongside me and offering me money for him, theres no way they were having him though as A) I'm very attached to that dog and B) they clearly wanted him for breeding & fighting, which would likely end up in a horrible death for him so I told them to shove it.

Neil
15-Jun-2011, 03:00 PM
They'll round later to tarmac your drive!

Keep us updated! Scary stuff!

Trin
15-Jun-2011, 03:31 PM
Geez, man, that's awful. Having a finger reattached? A lost paw? Holy crap!

That said... the most surprising thing in this thread to me ... gypsies exist? Is your family gonna get a curse put on you? I have to say... if the gypsy dog is nuts I can only imagine what messing with an actual gypsy would result in.

Danny
15-Jun-2011, 03:33 PM
Some gypos were following me in a van once several years ago when I was out walking my staffordshire bull terrier, they kept pulling up alongside me and offering me money for him, theres no way they were having him though as A) I'm very attached to that dog and B) they clearly wanted him for breeding & fighting, which would likely end up in a horrible death for him so I told them to shove it.
Yeah these same gypos followed my brother like that. We've always been a big dog family for like i dunno, 8 generations at least we've kept and bred dogs like huskies and german shepherds and wolf hounds. My brother followed this trend and got a husky too. 6 months ago he fit in your palm, now he's almost as big as the biggest one thats 5 years old. even the vets say he is unnaturally massive for his age and every time he walks it the gypos slow down and start eyeing it and asking him weird questions. Once i was with him and saw a guy slowly reach to open the door with a hammer and some rope and i said to him "look here, i abhor violence, but we both know what you are trying to do. if you exit your vehicle i will break your legs, make a choice" and they sped off as luckily a cop car rounded the corner. i imagine that would have gotten nasty. now my brother walks with at least 2 others. 3 big dogs like that does the job to get the stolen transit vans to leave them alone.

AcesandEights
15-Jun-2011, 03:34 PM
Trin, just so you know to watch out for the evil eye, 'Travellers' even exist as a semi-organized lifestyle in the US, though not to the extent they seem to have them in the UK.

"look here, i abhor violence, but we both know what you are trying to do. if you exit your vehicle i will break your legs, make a choice."

All joking aside, that is scrary as hell.

Danny
15-Jun-2011, 03:38 PM
Geez, man, that's awful. Having a finger reattached? A lost paw? Holy crap!

That said... the most surprising thing in this thread to me ... gypsies exist? Is your family gonna get a curse put on you? I have to say... if the gypsy dog is nuts I can only imagine what messing with an actual gypsy would result in.

very few of these modern "gypos" are actual irish/eastern european gypsies anymore. The only ones i have ever seen in the midlands are the ,for lack of a better, less badass term, outlaws who just decided 'i dont want to work or pay bills' and they basically live like a verminous underclass. stealing and coming into towns to commit violence and theft. They roll up onto a towns outskirts in their camper vans and mad max vans they have stolen. render a sizable portion of the land dead and uninhabited by wildlife for years afterwards and eventually the police either move them or some young girl gets attacked by the younger blokes or something and they mysteriously move on that night- back in the day towns/ villages would not be unknown to band together to lynch them out of town after some drunk gypo lads came into town and assumed "leave me alone" was 'townie lass' speak for "please beat then rape me".

its odd to describe, sounds like something you would see in red dead redemption right? just imagine if the most backwards, inbred white trash trailer park scum actually pulled their trailers into your town and killed off the area till they were ran off again.

bassman
15-Jun-2011, 04:03 PM
Wow...sorry about the fam/dogs, dude.

Recently on the local news they've been talking about a new law in which pittbull/rotweiler/any big dogs would have to be licensed and regularly checked/regulated by animal control so that these sort of incidents don't occur. Of course all the owners of said dogs are claiming its "dog profiling".:rolleyes:

Those kinds of dogs are a big problem around here, as i'm sure they are most everywhere else. All the "thugs" and "gangstas" think you're not cool unless you have a big, violent dog. They train them to be that way and then wonder why the bastard's chew up the neighborhood three-year-old on her scooter. :mad:

MoonSylver
15-Jun-2011, 05:26 PM
Can't add much that the others haven't already other than my condolences. Even though I know it to be the case, it still kind of blows my mind that REAL gypsies are still out there, but what you're describing? Man, that's a whole 'nother realm of weird...:eek:

Tricky
15-Jun-2011, 06:23 PM
Like Hells says these people arent real gypsies, they're just scum who live on the fringe of society who happen to live in caravans and move around a lot. The majority of them are into anything as long as its criminal, bare knuckle fights, poaching, selling malnourished & poorly treated horses, breeding vicious dogs, drug dealing, stealing metal from anywhere they can get their hands on it to sell to scrap dealers, including lead from church roofs, copper earthing cables from the sides of peoples houses etc, stealing motorbikes & quad bikes from farms so their equally scummy kids can ride about on them. They go around in pick up trucks knocking on vulnerable elderly peoples doors to tarmac their drives, then they make a terrible job and demand ridiculous sums of money for it, before threatening violence on those who cant pay (seen this happen myself). They usually set up camp on places they shouldnt be like playing fields or empty lots on industrial estates, which they then wreck over several weeks and steal from all the local businesses/households until the council can get an eviction notice for them.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/11/28/article-0-02A1F183000005DC-15_468x286.jpg

Occasionally they kick up a fuss about how they are badly treated by the general public, words like racism & oppression are usually used, but they dont contribute to society and do nothing to give themselves a better image.

Danny
15-Jun-2011, 08:45 PM
The ones near me drive round in some dead reckoning knock off at 7am, with a gang walking along side with loud speakers going "SSCCCRRRAAAAAAP MEEETAALLLLLLL! LOOSE AND RUBBISH MEETTTAAAALLLLLL!!!" and they take anything out of skips and if nobodies around steal all the catalytic converters from cars when they think nobody is watching.

bassman
15-Jun-2011, 08:49 PM
The ones near me drive round in some dead reckoning knock off at 7am, with a gang walking along side with loud speakers going "SSCCCRRRAAAAAAP MEEETAALLLLLLL! LOOSE AND RUBBISH MEETTTAAAALLLLLL!!!" and they take anything out of skips and if nobodies around steal all the catalytic converters from cars when they think nobody is watching.

So basically what you're saying is you live in a real-life Mad Max society?

Danny
15-Jun-2011, 08:54 PM
So basically what you're saying is you live in a real-life Mad Max society?

middle going on north england. imagine mad max only set in the shire. :lol:

Tricky
15-Jun-2011, 09:36 PM
middle going on north england. imagine mad max only set in the shire. :lol:

Doood I feel your pain, I live on the east coast near Bridlington & theres loads of 'em out here! Worst thing is they smashed up the official traveller site that the council built for them here because they didnt like it, so now the council is spending a fortune (of taxpayers money) to build them a huge all mod cons site which will attract even more of them to the area, its a load of testicles if you ask me!

kortick
17-Jun-2011, 12:35 PM
God I remember those sleazy gypsy bastards
going around the neighborhood when I was little
offering to tar the driveways.
ppl here always called the cops and back then
the police openly beat them
and towed their vehicles and arrested a bunch of them
on outstanding warrants.
Now u never see them around at all, for years and years.

But I hope that all injured parties are ok.
Seeing u guys dont have guns to just shoot them outright
(something they are taking full advantage of cuz around here
they would be shot on sight)
you need to pressure ur local police to do something about them
in a real way.

I mean when animals and people are being mauled like you
described its time for some strong action by the local law officials.

Danny
17-Jun-2011, 01:06 PM
moms boyfriend got his finger reattached and he says he already has some feeling in it which is a good sign. The dog lost most of his front right paw and now he is just not letting the rest of the dogs near that gate, he bites their collar and pulls them away its really messed with him.

As for the gypos turns out this was the 3rd attack in as many days. the police said "we cant just remove the dog you need to take them to court and they refuse to go" so right now everyone in the town is just being warned a killer dog is being let loose by the gypsies. so far 3 dogs severely injured and 3 men in the ER. but "travellers rights" bullshit rears its ugly head not unlike a herd of duck taped up caravans and two vans welded to make one on the local playing field....

bassman
17-Jun-2011, 01:33 PM
I think it's time for some vigilante justice/retaliation, Danny. Get ya a good ski mask and head toward their camp in the wee hours of the morning. :p

Neil
17-Jun-2011, 01:47 PM
moms boyfriend got his finger reattached and he says he already has some feeling in it which is a good sign. The dog lost most of his front right paw and now he is just not letting the rest of the dogs near that gate, he bites their collar and pulls them away its really messed with him.

As for the gypos turns out this was the 3rd attack in as many days. the police said "we cant just remove the dog you need to take them to court and they refuse to go" so right now everyone in the town is just being warned a killer dog is being let loose by the gypsies. so far 3 dogs severely injured and 3 men in the ER. but "travellers rights" bullshit rears its ugly head not unlike a herd of duck taped up caravans and two vans welded to make one on the local playing field....
Seriously, phone up a paper such as The Mail, they'd love this! And then the council would do something!

The paper would be there within 24hrs, and the council/police then not far after!

Cykotic
17-Jun-2011, 04:52 PM
The dog that did the attacking now has the taste of blood and i can guarantee, someone is gonna get killed. Just a matter of time. Where we used to live, my mrs told me that sometimes, small dogs and cats would be stolen and used as bait dogs in fights and that if there is a missing poster, thats what has happened. I hope everyone is ok now, but I agree that this dog needs to die.

travellers rights my ass, what about everyone elses?

Neil
17-Jun-2011, 09:27 PM
The dog that did the attacking now has the taste of blood and i can guarantee, someone is gonna get killed. Just a matter of time. Where we used to live, my mrs told me that sometimes, small dogs and cats would be stolen and used as bait dogs in fights and that if there is a missing poster, thats what has happened. I hope everyone is ok now, but I agree that this dog needs to die.

travellers rights my ass, what about everyone elses?

If this dog was owned by a regular individual in a regular bricks-and-mortar house? What would have happened by now?

PHONE A PAPER!

MikePizzoff
18-Jun-2011, 12:28 AM
Holy shit, if this were to happen in the U.S. the rabid dog would be put down immediately. Sorry to hear about the incident, Danny, and I hope everything ends up okay for your family/pets.

kortick
18-Jun-2011, 03:41 AM
Dude I am with Bass on this one.
Sounds like a trip to the gas station and a
late night human bbq is in order.

but really, this dog is allowed to roam free.
Umm more like u get this dangerous animal and kill it.

The cops around here would call for animal control
and if they didnt come quick enough they would shoot it
and arrest all of them.

Its totally unacceptable to tell you that u all have to
live with this dangerous animal on the loose.
what are they gonna do, wait til it mauls a child?

Neil
18-Jun-2011, 06:52 AM
Holy shit, if this were to happen in the U.S. the rabid dog would be put down immediately. Sorry to hear about the incident, Danny, and I hope everything ends up okay for your family/pets.

Let's not forget it's not actually rabid...

Mr. Clean
18-Jun-2011, 07:49 AM
Are gypsies similiar to the 1970s American Super Hippies?

I throw them in the same boat. Just curious if this is a fair comparison.

Tom Price
18-Jun-2011, 03:44 PM
"Let's not forget it's not actually rabid... "

That is not what the topic details.
HE MUST BE SHOT ON SITE!
http://youtu.be/CCNGZBycPT8?t=7m8s

MikePizzoff
18-Jun-2011, 04:12 PM
Let's not forget it's not actually rabid...

Rabid or not, in the U.S. if a dog does something like this, it's more than likely going to be put down. Especially when it's to this extent.

Neil
18-Jun-2011, 04:17 PM

HE MUST BE SHOT ON SITE!
http://youtu.be/CCNGZBycPT8?t=7m8s

Fabid != vicious...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies

-- -------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Rabid or not, in the U.S. if a dog does something like this, it's more than likely going to be put down. Especially when it's to this extent.

Same here... If the circumstances mitigate it... (I used to think)

rongravy
19-Jun-2011, 01:27 PM
I hate big dogs, especially Rotts and pitbulls.
And chows, those are the worst. Those things should be eradicated.

slickwilly13
19-Jun-2011, 08:50 PM
What do you guys think of boxers?

BillyRay
19-Jun-2011, 08:57 PM

Far roomier than briefs.

MoonSylver
19-Jun-2011, 09:18 PM

I wondered how many pages the thread would go & who would be the one to bite the bullet of pedant-ism. Good show old man! :thumbsup: :lol:

Far roomier than briefs.

http://www.realbollywood.com/up_images/stand-up-comedian4720.jpg

http://www.palmtalk.org/forum/uploads/monthly_08_2008/post-126-1219771035_thumb.jpg

http://www.realfirststeps.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/ps-450x782.jpg

:lol:

slickwilly13
19-Jun-2011, 09:52 PM
No, the breed of dog. Boxers.

MikePizzoff
19-Jun-2011, 10:58 PM
No, the breed of dog. Boxers.

http://arch.413chan.net/joke_over_head-%28n1297144930266%29.jpg

slickwilly13
20-Jun-2011, 01:27 AM
No, tell me, be'otches. ; )

Tom Price
24-Jun-2011, 07:04 PM
Boxers snot up and slobber constantly
Prepare yourself

slickwilly13
28-Jun-2011, 05:04 PM
Boxers snot up and slobber constantly
Prepare yourself

That much I already know. *L* I have owned one for at least 3 years now. I was wondering if people place them with big dogs that are aggressive.

Neil
01-Jul-2011, 09:03 PM
Have the gypos left yet?

Danny
01-Jul-2011, 10:08 PM
Have the gypos left yet?

vanished days later. mums boyfriend got the fingers reattached but cant work, the dogs foot and lower leg is in a cast and they had to shave most of his right side stitching up all the skin tears. far as the police are concerned thats the end of it...

AcesandEights
01-Jul-2011, 11:25 PM
I got nothing I can say that adequately covers how truly messed up that is.

Neil
05-Jul-2011, 05:50 PM
vanished days later. mums boyfriend got the fingers reattached but cant work, the dogs foot and lower leg is in a cast and they had to shave most of his right side stitching up all the skin tears. far as the police are concerned thats the end of it...

Phone THE DAILY MAIL!

Seriously!

Danny
13-Jul-2011, 02:57 PM
-guess what?

at my house, at my mac editing some crap when i hear yelling out my back window. Just over the field at the bus stop theres some travellers who tried to set up at the bus stop 4 times this week but kept getting run off and their pit bull is attacking a local ww2 vets sheepdog. broke away and the dogs fine since a bunch of folks from the culdesac were already on them telling them to take their dog and push off.
Sod's law says its probably the same gypos but then again it seems each herd moves with personal attack dogs nowadays....

Seriously, i get they want to live without taxes and laws and prefer to steal for a living and assault for a romance but jesus christ. if they arent unleashing attack pitbulls for fun they are shitting on the path like a fucking horse or breaking windows because they want to. and they wonder why "townies" view them as a bad group.