PDA

View Full Version : Unsolved Mysteries

Doc
18-Jun-2011, 03:15 AM
Does anybody remember or seen this show before? I still can't watch Unsolved Mysteries alone sometimes. From the opening theme song to the stories told, it just creeps me out too much. Robert Stack just made this show. Without him, I don't think it would have been as popular.

Publius
18-Jun-2011, 04:22 AM
Heck yeah. I loved Unsolved Mysteries. The theme can still bring a little bit of a chill. I sometimes wonder how many of Stack's mysteries have been solved yet.

Doc
18-Jun-2011, 04:53 AM
I don't remember the exact number, but I swore I once heard Stack said that atleast 200 cases had been solved because of the show. And probably even more since then.

So anybody remember any cases that stood out for them among the rest? Favorite segements? Least favorite segements?

I admit some of my favorite cases that stood out were conspriacy based ones. I'm no conspiracy theroist of buff, but I always found that type of stuff interesting. And the murders surrouding these type of cases were always suspicious.

As, for segments go...as a child I was more fansinated by the Unexplained and Ufo segments than any of the others. Bigfoot, Nessie, Cryptids, Living Dinosaurs, aliens, spaceships, ghosts, spirits, and hauntings. The Missing person, murder, and wanted cases did creep me out, and kept my attention sometimes, but at the time appealed very little to me. Now though along with the Unexplained they are my favorite segments.

Lost Love cases are others that I came to appreciate over time as I also found them kinda dull as a kid, though I guess a part me didn't like them because i found them depressing as well. :-/ Admittedly, though now I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I see an update that a family member has been found or reunited. :-) ( I am a man, damn it!)

As for my least favorite segments now...it has to be "Lost Treasures". Once again I just find them bland and only time they've interest me is if the cases themselves hidden by cowboys, and/or said cowboys were attack by Natives. No, seriously I swear that's how some of those Lost Tresaure cases are! :-o

Neil
18-Jun-2011, 07:06 AM
I'm a sucker for this sort of stuff... Is it worth watching?

Mr. Clean
18-Jun-2011, 07:43 AM
Been quite a while since I seen it. It seems like several "mysteries" were sorta corny if I remember correctly though. The show brings Rescue 911 with William Shatner to mind.

-- -------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

I relate the 2 because they both aired around the same time I think?

I just remember watching them at my grandparents house and a few times several years after they passed away.

JDFP
18-Jun-2011, 03:11 PM
"Unsolved Mysteries" was an absolutely fantastic show. I actually own the box sets for UFO's, Legends, Ghosts, etc. they have out. I'm hoping that more sets will be released as it's excellent work. There's really nothing like this on television any longer - we're in a wasteland of "reality" shows and stupidity. I'm looking forward to a hopeful day when ALL the episodes of "Unsolved Mysteries" are available again so I can go through and re-watch the entire series (I haven't been able to find it on the 'net yet though). If anyone knows a good place to (ahem) see the episodes let me know though via PM as I'd definitely be interested.

j.p.

Doc
30-Jun-2011, 06:45 AM
Heck yeah. I loved Unsolved Mysteries. The theme can still bring a little bit of a chill.

K2S6ZQn9lvk

:eek:

I'm a sucker for this sort of stuff... Is it worth watching?

Just type in Unsolved Mysteries in the search bar on youtube alot of cases will pop up. Go ahead and choose any. You might like it! :) Their in low quality though.

"Unsolved Mysteries" was an absolutely fantastic show. I actually own the box sets for UFO's, Legends, Ghosts, etc. they have out. I'm hoping that more sets will be released as it's excellent work. There's really nothing like this on television any longer - we're in a wasteland of "reality" shows and stupidity. I'm looking forward to a hopeful day when ALL the episodes of "Unsolved Mysteries" are available again so I can go through and re-watch the entire series (I haven't been able to find it on the 'net yet though). If anyone knows a good place to (ahem) see the episodes let me know though via PM as I'd definitely be interested.

I hope to acquire the already released sets. Might as well get the big Box Chest Ultimate Edition with all the sets.

So, has anybody seen the new updated, modernized, and "hip version of the show recently? :rolleyes:

It's just a completely inferior version of the great show it once was! :dead:

The original theme has been taken off and because of that show has lost that creepy atmosphere that made it so much more. And the segments themselves are cut down and deprived of other details like dates, and such. The new host Dennis Farina is actually not that bad as other fans make him out to be thought. On the contrary, he's quite good. He just doesn't have that morose, creepy factor that Robert Stack's voice brought to the segments. No Robert Stacker, but lets be honest..who can be?

They also keep re-airing solved cases. Which, I don't see the point. I wished they'd give Farina new material to work with instead, of re-airing same cases. Especially, solved ones. Understandable to air cases that are still unsolved. Though to be really fair... show is still as engaging and entertaining even with some of the bad changes.

Publius
30-Jun-2011, 08:57 AM
Yeah, "Solved Mysteries" just doesn't have the same ring to it. :P

bassman
30-Jun-2011, 11:52 AM
Great mystery/thriller show. I had pretty much forgotten about it lately. It looks like there are a handful of collection dvds through netflix.

AcesandEights
30-Jun-2011, 01:16 PM
I never had this show on any sort of schedule to watch, but it has always had the ability to ensnare me when I happened upon it channel surfing.