PDA

View Full Version : Eaters Rise of the Dead

paranoid101
22-Jun-2011, 07:39 PM
http://lovehorror.co.uk/eaters-rise-of-the-dead-2010-review

Review and trailer here, looks really quite good.

But produced by our favorite director UWE BOLL!!!!!!

That said I'm going to give this one a try to be honest.

a75-R4xyMBM

sorry I fail at youtube links

bassman
22-Jun-2011, 07:56 PM
"The pope shot himself in the head" :lol:

Looks like a cheesy good time.

For the youtube embed, use this part of the link: a75-R4xyMBM and wrap it in the youtube tags

AcesandEights
22-Jun-2011, 08:01 PM
Fixed youtube embedding for you, Paranoid.

As Bass mentions above, you just have to put the alphanumeric string part of the address (in this case: a75-R4xyMBM) in the youtube brackets.

paranoid101
22-Jun-2011, 08:08 PM
Ah thanks guys learn something new everyday, shame it pushes out some of the old stuff hehe

-- -------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Oh and one of many Uwe Boll films to miss

Mt-DOdPLMLI

This one isn't even funny bad, I like House of the Dead cause its fun and mental, but this groan.

Neil
22-Jun-2011, 08:24 PM
"Uwe Boll" - A film I'm interested? Does not compute?!?!?

Looks interesting!!

paranoid101
22-Jun-2011, 08:32 PM
Ah thanks guys learn something new everyday, shame it pushes out some of the old stuff hehe

-- -------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Oh and one of many Uwe Boll films to miss

Mt-DOdPLMLI

This one isn't even funny bad, I like House of the Dead cause its fun and mental, but this groan.

I find most Uwe Boll films a lot of fun, his so called serous ones funny as hell and as I stated House of the Dead is my favourite.

But it seems that when he does comedy its bad and not funny bad

AcesandEights
22-Jun-2011, 08:40 PM
Well, to be fair to the film, Boll didn't direct it.

Just sayin...

paranoid101
22-Jun-2011, 08:44 PM
Well, to be fair to the film, Boll didn't direct it.

Just sayin...

sorry I meant the other video for blubberella lol

JDFP
22-Jun-2011, 08:47 PM
Sorry, someone will have to post a review for me here, I won't be seeing it.

At the sound of the name Uwe Boll I take off running faster than Jenna Jameson at the Southern Baptist Convention.

j.p.

AcesandEights
22-Jun-2011, 08:56 PM
sorry I meant the other video for blubberella lol

I was replying more to Neil. Sorry, should have been clearer in my response.

paranoid101
23-Jun-2011, 08:31 PM
Well I watched the eaters film and to be honest it wasnt all that bad, a little disjointed, but the story was fine and the zombie effects were very well done.

Had bit of a Day of the dead vibe to it.

6/10

Andy
24-Jun-2011, 07:27 AM
I Watched it without sound becuase im at work at the moment, but did i just see one of those guys say a zombie was talking?

Uwe boll...? talking zombies...?

think ill give this one a miss thanks guys.

Neil
24-Jun-2011, 11:58 AM
Well I watched the eaters film and to be honest it wasnt all that bad, a little disjointed, but the story was fine and the zombie effects were very well done.

Had bit of a Day of the dead vibe to it.

6/10

Compared to Survival IYHO?

Neil
05-Jul-2011, 03:27 PM
Interview (& review) over at AICN...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50260

Archamedes
05-Jul-2011, 10:42 PM
I Watched it without sound becuase im at work at the moment, but did i just see one of those guys say a zombie was talking?

in all honesty you dont really need it with sound providing you have subtitles. I was actually plesently surprised at this one, I had very low expectations like most new zombie films being thrown out and it turned out to be much better than i thought.

A few spoilers below

You cannot deny the strong link to Day of the dead 85, it sure as hell took a snippet out of many other films I have seen, like mad max, book of eli and a few others i cant think of. I also felt the film didn't force the zombies on you, they were more the secondary background characters like in the walking dead, the makers didnt need to prove anything or try anything new. "yes you all know how zombies work, this film has them and the story is about 2 guys living on the road to get supplies, and trade with the locals. There is no sense of saving survivors or saving mankind from the zombies, they realised that mankind is shot and they must co exist with the zombies and other survivors that have just accepted the world and set up homes out in the open. There is no sense of panic or rushing to get away, living with the zombies has become second nature, to the main characters. At first I thought they were going to be nasty badass mercs, but turned out to be loveable rogues. The general banter between the two really came up with some funny one liners and a few memorable quotes.

One scene stood out for me was where one of them is having a down moment, hes getting sick of this way of living and considered shooting himself, and his partner pretty much brings him back "whats not to like? theres nobody to tell us what to do, we do not answer to anybody... the world is ours, all ours." That is not an exact quote of the scene but very closly along those lines.

Another scene is where they get down because they really want to get down and dirty with a woman, yet there aren't any about and the zombie plague initially causes infertility in women, and the main character is joking about on how he really wants to bang a woman, and a world without women means that man has no use, men are completley useless without women to spread mans seed etc... So yeah have a watch and appreciate the dialogue, it does make for a different type of zombie film and is a pleasure to watch.

paranoid101
08-Jul-2011, 01:18 PM

sorry took so long to reply and in my opinion yes eaters is a better zombie film survial.

Really does have a bit of the Day of the Dead vibe to it.

Neil
21-Jul-2011, 08:43 PM
It does have a sort of Day vibe in places...

The first quarter is OK, but slowly it becomes more and more convoluted and stretched, and finally in the last quarter just breaks... The script is just too messy and convoluted!

Thorn
25-Jul-2011, 12:27 PM

Maybe he called Bub 'I just saw your Aunt Alicia... they old girl is a sight for sore bones"