PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Zombie Movie Ever?

BUTCHYPIE
24-Jun-2006, 04:10 AM
Okay, we've been discussing which is the worst zombie movie ever in another thread...

Which movie gives you the most giggles?

It doesn't matter if it's intentionally funny, like Shaun, or unintentionally funny, like House of the Dead... Whatever gets your giggle-box jiggling.

Let's list specific scenes as well as movies.

I'll start off with something not-so-obvious: I think the shark vs. zombie scene in Fulci's Zombie 2 was a riot.

raym
24-Jun-2006, 04:40 AM
RoTLD.

Hands down.

:lol:

MaximusIncredulous
24-Jun-2006, 05:47 AM
Hell Of The Living Dead.

The film is so idiotic it always cracks me up.

Andy
24-Jun-2006, 07:04 AM
children of the living dead.

purely becuase i used to have a friend who thought romero made it.. everytime i see it i think of him. :lol:

MinionZombie
24-Jun-2006, 09:23 AM
I'll be lame and say "Shaun of the Dead". Flat out, hands down fantastically funny. I was in fits in the cinema and it's been endlessly quotable, and it's British, so it's got British humour, which for a Brit is excellent, as we don't really get to see a British film ... that's a zombie flick ... that's also genuinely hilarious.

Children of the Living Dead was funny - cos it was so sh*t. I got it in some grubby old video/game store in downtown Norwich (where the chavs live) for a fiver. I watched it with my mates in the dark and we just sat there laughing our asses off - "ABBOTT HAYES!!!!" we'd scream at each other for weeks afterward, lol.

Maitreya
24-Jun-2006, 09:24 AM
Undead... Nothing can beat the zombie fish scene...

It's pure gold

Graebel
24-Jun-2006, 10:37 AM
Every movie where the zombies say "BRAINS!!" For some reason I giggle helplessly.

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jun-2006, 11:34 AM
While Shaun is easily the funniest because it is a comedy. I will choose a not so in your face all the time film and that would be...

Return of the Living Dead Part II :D

Bunker65
24-Jun-2006, 03:52 PM
While Shaun is easily the funniest because it is a comedy. I will choose a not so in your face all the time film and that would be...

I have to agree with DJ here. I found Return Of The Living Dead II very funny at times mainly due to Philip Bruns portraial of Doc Mandel. He really cracked me up in that movie :D.

Cody
24-Jun-2006, 08:15 PM
Shaun of the dead by far. But before SOTD it was RORLD

ROTLD2 sucked

Philly_SWAT
24-Jun-2006, 09:13 PM
I wll say that for "excellent movie making and writing" that of course Shawn is the funniest. I also think that ROTLD part I is pretty damn funny, of course, it was supposed to be.

CSPWDT was funny for all the wrong reasons.....COTLD was just horrible and not even funny as far as I can remember.

Craig
24-Jun-2006, 09:18 PM
BRAINDEAD (Dead Alive). And Shaun of the Dead.

Zombie-A-GoGo
24-Jun-2006, 11:44 PM
Zombie Nightmare starring Jon Mikl Thor was pretty dang funny.

Debbieangel
25-Jun-2006, 02:16 AM

yes, I agree ....Return of the Living Dead PartII personally i liked the line "Take that d*** screwdriver outta my head" and when they were gonna torch the head it said "ok, no more brains". I l oved those lines.

theCaptive
25-Jun-2006, 03:50 PM
I'll go with both ROTLD 1 & 2. Like someone else posted previously, there's just something about talking zombies that makes me laugh.

Danny
27-Jun-2006, 05:22 AM
brain dead and undead were good but they get bronze and silver, gold goes to shaun of the dead, its one of the few zombie flicks people seem to genuinely think is on par with romeros series, plus the more you watch it the more jokes you get like when ed yells down the phone "were coming to get you barbara" i knew id heard it before but didnt get it till mutch later, plus in the out takes theres a direct referenc to the rave episode of spaced.

and spaced kicked ass too.:D

MinionZombie
27-Jun-2006, 10:30 AM
The out-takes crack me up big time, like the bit in the pub when Shaun's depressed after breaking up with Liz and Ed is trying to cheer him up by talking about the "rich and interesting people" of the pub. The whole "cafe au lait" etc bit had me in stitches, no doubt that Pegg's performance in the movie was genuine at such points.

Shaun - best zombie comedy EVER.

And hopefully, Hot Fuzz - best action comedy EVER.

Doc Foster
27-Jun-2006, 05:46 PM
"Shaun Of The Dead", hands down - closely followed by "Braindead". :skull: