PDA

View Full Version : anyone else find this super f***ing creepy?

Danny
07-Jul-2011, 09:38 PM
http://mashable.com/2011/06/15/free-whopper-tv-campaign/

So its a thing in america (*this is why we judge you :p ) on directtv in which you watch for like 10 seconds then an arrow appears. what do you watch? an image of a burger king whopper. what happens when you press the button? you get a free whopper. watch for like 10 more you get another one, then 30 you get another.

Honestly im not sure if this is joke or the start of some slope leading to an orwellian nightmare or something.

Im sure we can all agree this is kind of fucked right?

bassman
07-Jul-2011, 10:20 PM
No different than any other "free" marketing technique. Certain stores also have numbers on the back of their receipts in which you can call, answer a few questions, then be given a redemption code for a free burger. A burger like the one you JUST finished.

Most people will either give up on this commercial thing(which is more than 30 seconds, btw) and just go get a whopper because they've been staring it at for up to thirty minutes, or receive their free coupon in the mail(likely months later) and never redeem their burger.

Like any coupon/free/discount offers out there....it drums up much more publicity and profit than actually giving the consumer something for free...

AcesandEights
07-Jul-2011, 10:58 PM
We care not about your judgment, leave us to our food pellets!

blind2d
07-Jul-2011, 11:02 PM
I like burgers. I like being lazy. Whoppers are for me. These redeemable/interactive things... way too much thought and effort.
I smell failure, or at best mediocre half-success.
"Kids, don't be like hamburger! Don't cannibal!" - The Internet Shack

JDFP
07-Jul-2011, 11:05 PM
This only helps promote people to be even more lazy and slovenly so we can indulge on the added sin of gluttony.

It's really a sad state of...

wait, did someone say free whopper? Oh yeah, I'm clicking the link!

j.p.

Publius
08-Jul-2011, 01:17 AM
Whoppers are delicious. I wish I had DirectTV now.

Danny
08-Jul-2011, 01:23 AM
also for the record: fuck the whopper. it is the worst burger sandwich thing that is not from a goddamn whimpys.

Publius
08-Jul-2011, 01:29 AM
Blasphemer! It beats anything at McDonald's hands down. Flame broiled, son!

AcesandEights
08-Jul-2011, 01:30 AM
Blasphemer! It beats anything at McDonald's hands down.

Quite right!

Danny
08-Jul-2011, 01:52 AM
Blasphemer! It beats anything at McDonald's hands down. Flame broiled, son!

last time i whent to a burger king they took a floppy damp burger patty and stuck it in a microwave. emphasis on last time. subway or nothing son. if i cant see em make it i dont give a fuck.

Publius
08-Jul-2011, 02:04 AM
last time i whent to a burger king they took a floppy damp burger patty and stuck it in a microwave. emphasis on last time. subway or nothing son. if i cant see em make it i dont give a fuck.

WHAT? That does not deserve the name of Burger King. Ironic, since it's a BK actually located in a monarchy. BK burgers are supposed to be flame broiled. I do enjoy Subway, though, usually prefer it to the big fast food burger joints.

clanglee
08-Jul-2011, 02:39 AM
Ive had issues with Subway since I met someone that used to work at one and swears his boss used to clorox the older meat to get rid of the green color. blech!

Mr. Clean
08-Jul-2011, 02:47 AM
I'm really tired of America's issue with weight. Probably because I don't have a weight issue but it's SUCH a big deal for some people. BTW, I don't give a damn if your a fat ass or not.

If you feel like you have a problem, stop crying and do something about it. If what your doing isn't working, your not busting your ass enough at attempting to achieve your goal. Try fucking harder and stop blaming others for your "problem".

Publius
08-Jul-2011, 02:48 AM
Hm. Yes, I suppose no fast food chain is truly safe. But I ain't about to start husbanding my own livestock just to make myself a darn sandwich.

clanglee
08-Jul-2011, 02:58 AM
Try fucking harder

Great exercise. . . but rough on the ole back

Publius
08-Jul-2011, 03:02 AM

Unless she's on top. But then she gets all the exercise. Which isn't all bad in itself.

MoonSylver
08-Jul-2011, 05:00 AM
Wait...I get to sit around, watch TV, push a button, & get free whoppers? http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/eek.gif Where do i sign up? Is this heaven? Who do I have to kill? :lol:

also for the record: fuck the whopper. it is the worst burger sandwich thing that is not from a goddamn whimpys.

I'm not taking lectures on burgers from a man whose country's contribution to world cuisine is "the chip". http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/naughty.gif

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/mailorder_messiah/Random%20Stuff%20for%20Specific%20Purposes/ottosmile.jpg?t=1241825879

:lol:

BTW, I don't give a damn if your a fat ass or not.

Good, because I don't give a damn if I'm a fat ass or not either. :elol:

Try fucking harder

http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/spit.gif

That's what she said? :lol:

MikePizzoff
09-Jul-2011, 07:39 PM
I don't find it creepy at all. It's good marketing. Smart on their part.

Trin
10-Jul-2011, 02:13 AM
I didn't click the link or read anything because as an American that would require more effort than I'm up for.

But does that whopper come with cheese? If so, I'm in...

DeadJonas190
13-Jul-2011, 05:56 PM
Whoppers make me sick or else I would stare at a tv screen for 10 minutes for a free lunch.