PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Fan Dies After Falling Out Of Stands During Game (VIDEO)

Philly_SWAT
08-Jul-2011, 05:15 AM
This sux so bad. Had to search around for a while to find a site with video after I saw it on TV. Perhaps they are not going to show it again, ESPN just did the story but didnt show the video I saw on my local news.

Happens around 55 seconds in. This video only shows one angle, could have sworn the local news had two angles. Apparently the little kid next to him was his son. He asked Josh Hamilion to toss him a foul ball. The player did, he leaned over to catch it, lost his footing, and fell 20 feet to his death. Watch and you can see that perhaps he could have caught himself on the wall in front of him, but that hand was holding the ball he just caught so he couldnt get a grip.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/07/rangers-fan-dies_n_892943.html

Mr. Clean
08-Jul-2011, 06:51 AM
Watched this on youtube eariler. I bet the announcers felt bad about laughing about it after they found out how serious the situtation ended up.

Publius
08-Jul-2011, 09:34 AM
That's horrible! I feel awful for the man's son, who had to see that happen right in front of his face at what up to that point probably seemed like just about the happiest moment of his life.

rongravy
08-Jul-2011, 09:41 PM
I ain't that hard up for a baseball. Bummer for him.

MikePizzoff
09-Jul-2011, 07:32 PM
Wow, that's really sad. Just heard about this last night at a party.

I also just found out that back in May someone else died at a ballgame, by hitting their head on concrete. However, that was reportedly a drunk college kid sliding down the railing of the stairs in the stands.

Purge
10-Jul-2011, 05:12 PM
Right in front of his kid. I pray for them.