View Full Version : a summer cold bitch session...

Mike70
16-Jul-2011, 04:40 PM
ok. i just got over one of the worst summer colds i've ever had and i just wanted to take a moment to bitch, whine and gripe about how miserable they are.

there is nothing worse than complete sinus congestion when it is 97 deg F with 71% humidity (welcome to summer in sw ohio). add to that the coughing fits, the chills in air conditioning that turn to massive sweats when you cover up and top it all off with the fact that there is nothing you can do for a cold except treat the symptoms and ride it out.

fuck the last week or so, it has been sheer misery.

bitch session at an end. feel free to share your own stories of the misery of summer sickness.

bassman
16-Jul-2011, 04:57 PM
I don't think i've ever had a very, very serious cold. The worst for me was when I had mono as a teenager. Couldn't eat any solids, even liguids felt like swallowing shards of glass, constant migraine, high fever, hard to breathe, and a total body ache that made me feel like I was dying. Hell....most of the time I was wishing I would die. Very nasty stuff.

Glad to hear you're better now, mike!

blind2d
16-Jul-2011, 05:07 PM
Ooh, one time I got a really bad allergic reaction to sommat and this itchy rash spread all over me for like a week. As for colds, I've never really had a really bad one. Sorry y'all had to go through all that.

AcesandEights
16-Jul-2011, 05:36 PM
Being sick in the Summer sucks ass, no two ways about it.