PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad Season 4

ProfessorChaos
17-Jul-2011, 02:45 PM
so, tonight's the night. can't wait to see where they go with this new season. this whole gus thing needs resolved quickly, but i suspect it's not gonna just be something gus is willing to write off.

and seriously, hank has got to figure something out this year or he's gonna go down as one of the dimmest characters in a tv series ever.

only about 12 hours left....who else is pumped?

bassman
17-Jul-2011, 02:49 PM
....who else is pumped?

Me, me, me, me, me!

If my avatar didn't give it away, I'm a huge fan of this series. Can't wait to watch it tonight. Going to have the tube on AMC all day just to refresh my memory of the last episodes of Season Three.

While I love The Walking Dead, I think Breaking Bad is AMC's best show by far.

ProfessorChaos
17-Jul-2011, 03:35 PM
yeah, i recently got my lady-friend hooked on the show. we've been watching seasons 1 and 2 over the last week or so and started season 3 last night. she probably won't be caught up with events by the time tonight's episode airs, so she'll just have to wait it out.

i was telling her how unfair it is that she's gonna have virtually no waiting to find out what happens after season 3 when i've been waiting nearly a year to find out.

blind2d
17-Jul-2011, 09:46 PM
Hey there new hero, I was just wondering if you could tell me in your own words why Breaking Bad is such a kick-ass show. Now is your chance to convert me, the uninitiated!

ProfessorChaos
17-Jul-2011, 09:51 PM
http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?16413-Breaking-Bad

read away, friend. beware, though, as this thread i'm linking is related to everything that's gone on till this point, so there are bound to be some spoilers.

blind2d
18-Jul-2011, 02:03 PM
Okay, thanks!

bassman
18-Jul-2011, 02:32 PM
I totally called the "razor blade" sequence. My wife doubted my theory, but I was spot on.

Looks like Jesse is going to go all "gangsta" now....

kidgloves
18-Jul-2011, 09:11 PM
Reporting for duty:cool:

Looks like its business as usual.
Man, i forgot about Hank. Poor bastard.:(

ProfessorChaos
18-Jul-2011, 09:52 PM
"boxcutter" (what a great title) was awesome. 13 months since last season, but damn, this episode was worth the wait. i thought season 3 was the best yet, but this one's off to a rocking start already. can't wait to see what's gonna go down.

i always figured the chicken man was some kind of bad to get that high in the business, but damn, he was ruthless beyond belief when he finally arrived and let everyone know where he stood.

and yeah, it sucks seeing hank that way, poor guy. he's just bound to put all the pieces together this season, if you ask me. strange to see skyler playing such an active role in walt's new career.

i read that they plan to conclude the show next season, which sucks, but at the same time, i'm glad they have an end to the story in mind and won't be dragging this series on for years past its brilliance.

Legion2213
22-Jul-2011, 12:52 AM
Hey there new hero, I was just wondering if you could tell me in your own words why Breaking Bad is such a kick-ass show. Now is your chance to convert me, the uninitiated!

Download episode one...watch it, then realise that no hard-sell is needed.

Insanely good series with more character growth in one episode than in most entire series of other stuff. Amazing viewing.

Edit: DLing S4-E01 as I type - God bless EZTV!!!

-- -------- Post added 22-Jul-2011 at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was 21-Jul-2011 at 09:51 PM ----------

"boxcutter" (what a great title) was awesome. 13 months since last season, but damn, this episode was worth the wait. i thought season 3 was the best yet, but this one's off to a rocking start already. can't wait to see what's gonna go down.

i always figured the chicken man was some kind of bad to get that high in the business, but damn, he was ruthless beyond belief when he finally arrived and let everyone know where he stood.

and yeah, it sucks seeing hank that way, poor guy. he's just bound to put all the pieces together this season, if you ask me. strange to see skyler playing such an active role in walt's new career.

i read that they plan to conclude the show next season, which sucks, but at the same time, i'm glad they have an end to the story in mind and won't be dragging this series on for years past its brilliance.

So, just finished watching this...God damn! this show just gets better and better...really intense, powerful, scary and humourous all at the same time.

I'm almost happy that they have decided to end it next season, because it means that it could go down as one of the most consistantly brilliant series ever made.

kidgloves
31-Jul-2011, 12:44 PM
Loved the zombie games scene this week. The show continues to impress. Still not sure what Gus is intending to do

Eyebiter
01-Aug-2011, 01:38 PM
What if Bill Nye the Science Guy was the lead character in Breaking Bad

xAQtySYNOGg

bassman
03-Aug-2011, 01:34 PM
Some sad news is coming from behind AMC's shut doors. Despite great ratings and reviews, Breaking Bad may not be brought back for it's fifth(and final) season. Creator Vince Gilligan is already shopping the show around to other networks.

Then came word Tuesday from a Los Angeles Times story that negotiations for a fifth season of the acclaimed Breaking Bad were going sideways and that the show was being shopped elsewhere just in case everything imploded. (Breaking Bad creator Gilligan has said recently that he thinks the show should end after five seasons -- it's currently in Season 4). The Times reported that AMC had asked that episodes on Breaking Bad be cut from 13 to six or eight -- a request that spurred the search for a backup channel.

The same article also sheds some light on why Darabont may have left TWD. Basically AMC doesn't know how to handle their money and they're flushing all the success down the pipes.

SOURCE (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bastard-machine/sheen-fading-fast-at-amc-217753)

kidgloves
12-Aug-2011, 09:40 PM
Best episode of the season by far this week. I thought it had been quite uneventful up until now.
Mike is so badass. Everytime he's on screen he steals the show.
What the hell was Gale doing in a Thai karaoke bar? That video was just bizarre. I like the way they are revealing Gales character as the season unfolds.

ProfessorChaos
29-Aug-2011, 05:03 AM
i'm proud of hank and knew all along it was only a matter of time till he cracked the case....gus and his empire are about to go down in flames very soon, either from the cartel, walt, or the DEA.

hard to believe that the 4th season is already halfway over.

kidgloves
29-Aug-2011, 02:39 PM
Prof. Thats a huge spoiler mate. Can you edit your post please.

ProfessorChaos
30-Aug-2011, 12:44 AM
sorry, man. what day of the week does it air over there?

seriously, though, the scenes with hank so far this season have really been building up to something big...

kidgloves
01-Sep-2011, 08:09 PM
sorry, man. what day of the week does it air over there?

Not sure Prof, but i watch it on a Monday morning. I don't work Mondays so the mornings are very special when TWD is on as well.

bassman
19-Sep-2011, 01:01 PM
Wow. Last night's episode was superb. Never expected that particular ending.

Where exactly was Mike shot? I don't think I ever saw the actual wound, just blood splatters. With one season left there's a pretty good indication that Gus will pull through, but i'm not so sure about Mike.

Also....chalk up another body for Jesse...

ProfessorChaos
19-Sep-2011, 10:06 PM
yep, more top-shelf television last night. the music selections in this show are also always amazing. the riff playing last night while the camera followed gus was perfect for the scene. i'm sure the writers have a few more tricks in store for us, so the end of this season is bound to be epic.

kidgloves
20-Sep-2011, 06:01 PM
Wow. Last night's episode was superb. Never expected that particular ending.

Where exactly was Mike shot? I don't think I ever saw the actual wound, just blood splatters. With one season left there's a pretty good indication that Gus will pull through, but i'm not so sure about Mike.

Also....chalk up another body for Jesse...

It looked to me like he took it in the side the way he was struggling to get in the car

zombieking
22-Sep-2011, 11:45 AM
Its the best show on tv right now and last episode was awesome.

ProfessorChaos
26-Sep-2011, 06:37 AM
man, that ending....pretty haunting. hard to tell what's gonna happen next. the next two episodes are titled "endtimes" and "face off".

as for this season in general so far, i was pretty far off when i predicted this gus situation would be resolved early in the season. i didn't realize how connected and prepared gus was, and continues to be. surely something must be coming down very soon, and i imagine it will be epic.

and i find it funny that AMC's marketing strategy was to proclaim walt to be "the danger" and his whole speech to skyler about being "the one who knocks", when in reality, this whole season (to this point at least), he's been, as junior would say, "a p-p-pussy!". however, based on the promo aired at the end of the episode, it looks as if walt may be ready to finally take some drastic action to live up to his words.

damn, this show never ceases to blow my socks off every single fucking week.

bassman
26-Sep-2011, 01:52 PM
Yeah, that ending was disturbing.

As for my sure-to-be-wrong prediction for the last two episodes of the season:

They made a point to have Walt stare at Jesse's girlfriend and kid(just like they did Bineke's bunched up rug). Something about it just clicked with me as, "Okay....they're obviously forshadowing something". So my theory is that Walt will somehow involve them in order to get Jesse back on his side and kill Gus. Maybe kidnap? Or maybe they'll learn too much and Gus will involve them?

Question as well - Why is Walt freaking out so bad? Sure, I would be scared, but Gus told him he would leave his family alone if he stayed away from the business and Jesse. So why is Walt acting like he IS GOING to kill his family when Gus said he would if Walt tried to come back? Walt's got a car wash, he's got money, just call it quits and go back to your life. Of course that would make for boring television, but you know what I mean. Maybe I missed a line of dialogue from Gus or something...

Anyway....of course we're going to get a badass cliffhanger at the end of the season. Just to have to wait a full year to see the conclusion(:mad:). Could it be walt shooting at Gus? I've kept seeing a shot in the previews with Walt shooting directly at the camera. Very much like Jesse did at the end of the last season. Maybe that would make a nice parallel. Unless they've already used that shot in this season and I'm forgetting it.

BTW - The first three seasons of Breaking Bad is now on streaming netflix for anyone interested. One bad ass tv show with the click of a button. And no waiting between episodes, which is driving me nuts. :lol:

ProfessorChaos
26-Sep-2011, 05:39 PM
@ bassman:

unless i'm mistaken, gus told walt he'd kill his family if walt tried to interfere with gus's handling of hank, whom walter was supposed to take care of but has failed. from the way the episode ended, walt had saul place the call to the DEA warning about a threat to hank's life, so walt directly went against what gus told him not to do

and yeah, i can't see this season ending without walt and jesse becoming allies again, but i doubt it will be because of any trickery by walt. jesse is likely to come to his senses and read between the lines about what will happen down the road if things continue to progress the way they have recently.

bassman
26-Sep-2011, 06:16 PM
Ah, yes. Totally forgot the Hank situation between last night and this morning. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue...

bassman
03-Oct-2011, 10:01 PM
They made a point to have Walt stare at Jesse's girlfriend and kid(just like they did Bineke's bunched up rug). Something about it just clicked with me as, "Okay....they're obviously forshadowing something". So my theory is that Walt will somehow involve them in order to get Jesse back on his side and kill Gus. Maybe kidnap? Or maybe they'll learn too much and Gus will involve them?

Hot damn, I'm good. :lol:

I'm really sad next Sunday is the last episode of this season. Only one season left. Hell, if I had to choose I rather TWD end instead of BB....

ProfessorChaos
04-Oct-2011, 06:45 AM
bb would overstay its welcome i think if it went on longer than next season. while i can't deny that the show just keeps getting better, it's bound to peak sooner or later. it's better to burn out than fade away....just imagine if in season 8 walt jr was helping dad cook.

about last night's episode, a few things sorta bothered me:

first, the ambiguity about how brock was given the ricin, as many message boards i frequent are filled with theories about it being walt...i don't buy that for a minute, given how terrible walt felt a few episodes back about everything that's gone down between him and jesse...but if not walt, how the fuck did gus do it? and i really don't think it was ricin, walt at one time said that shit took days to kick in, yet jesse had only lost that special cigarette that very day. different poison? maybe the type used down in mexico? did the kid just try one of jesse's smokes and get the lucky one? i'm hoping some of the missing pieces from that puzzle show up next week.

also, no mention of the whole ted situation was a bit odd. supposedly, vince gilligan did an interview last week and confirmed that ted did in fact die. i've not read the interview myself, but many people were referring to it last night on a site i was visiting. no word on mike's condition, either....hmm.

finally, wtf is up with gus and his spider-sense tingling? perhaps the way jesse reacted and behaved when gus and his goons visited him in the hospital tipped him off that maybe jesse's loyalty to walt was still strong enough that he'd side with walt over the shit-storm about to unleash on the fring empire. i really hope gus dies next week, along with that tyrus creep.

even with those minor gripes, it was still a great episode, like always. the tension is almost at a boiling point right now, can't wait to see how they wrap this season up!

bassman
10-Oct-2011, 03:04 AM
Sweet baby jesus! Just when I thought this show couldn't have any better moments, they pull this sh*t out of the hat. "Two Face"(:p), operation shut down, etc. WOW. Greatest show on television. HANDS DOWN. Can't wait to see the next season.

"I won". :thumbsup:

ProfessorChaos
10-Oct-2011, 08:02 AM
yeah, that episode had a lot to live up to in my mind, and i wasn't let down.

gus and tryus dying in that fashion was very satisfying. i almost cringed when gus strolled out, thinking "how the fuck did he survive that?" but once i saw the nurses' reactions, along with the reveal of his face, i almost jumped off the couch with joy.

walt's plan, including the poisoning of brock, was pretty impressive. hopefully he doesn't get drunk around jesse and let this slip out, like he almost did about jane, and similarly how he got hank re-invigorated for the blue meth case. dude needs to keep his mouth shut when he's buzzed up.

however, the fact that no mention of dead ted was made kinda let me down a bit....wonder if that will work its way into next season? and what about mike down in mexico? and did walt think about somehow deleting all the footage of him in the laundry lab? a few loose ends to tie up next season....plus the DEA's investigation into the incident and hank surely has to figure walt out....

and here's an interview with vince gilligan that looks back at this season, its ending, and even hints a bit about what to possibly expect for the rest of the series. at one point, he mentions that this season and its last episode, in particular, were wrote and finished before they even had a contract for the final season (seasons, if they make two 8-episode runs), so they wanted it to be a fitting end to the series, if need be. worth a look for fans of the show:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/interview-breaking-bad-creator-vince-gilligan-post-mortems-season-4

Legion2213
18-Oct-2011, 08:55 PM
Incredible show, must be one of the best TV series ever...I feel emotionally and physically drained after watching most episodes.

Season finale was top drawer!

bassman
18-Oct-2011, 09:06 PM
Incredible show, must be one of the best TV series ever...I feel emotionally and physically drained after watching most episodes.

I'll be honest that it kinda disappoints me when TWD gets the highest ratings in history. THIS show is the one that really deserves it. I love me some TWD, but BB blows it out of the water. This deserves the major, major success.

bassman
01-Feb-2012, 10:34 PM
Breaking Bad as an 8 Bit video game. I laughed until I cried....http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6701398/breaking-bad-rpg

ProfessorChaos
05-Feb-2012, 06:46 PM
^

i'd buy that in a heart-beat.....bitch.

damn, i'm really looking forward to this show coming back soon. while i'm slightly bummed that this will be the last season, i'm glad it's not saying past its time and will surely go out in a grand fashion. mid 2012 is all i've heard as to when season 5 is set to air, so there will likely be some official word from AMC before too long.

bassman
23-May-2012, 11:53 AM
AMC recently announced that the fifth and final season will be split in two. The first eight episodes will start July 15th, while the second set of eight will air in Summer 2013. A whole year?!? I was okay with TWD's split because it was only a couple months and made sense, but splitting a single season up by an entire year?!? That's insane. Sounds like AMC just trying to milk the series because it's the final season.

I wonder how hard AMC begged them to continue on after the fifth season....

First picture:

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/breaking-bad-season-five-sm.jpg

kidgloves
23-May-2012, 03:30 PM
I dunno. I kind of enjoy this splitting up of seasons. Mad Men and Game of Thrones takes us up to the beginning of BB then when BB goes on hiatus it leaves just a few weeks to wait for TWD to begin. When TWD finishes we'll be waiting for GOT and MM to restart with the added kicker of more BB to come.

bassman
13-Jun-2012, 12:00 PM
A_jphULKZ4E

Short....but.....squeeee!!!