PDA

View Full Version : the horde...

Mike70
18-Jul-2011, 01:16 AM
yes...i used the search function and didn't find anything on this film (not that i looked very hard).

anyway, i recently watched this in a spate of saturday boredom and i was rather surprised that it wasn't a complete and total piece of shit. i was expecting an amateurish, home digital video camera level movie but was pleasantly surprised that it was a proper film. to be honest, i thought it was one of the better zombie films that i've seen in a good bit.

clanglee
18-Jul-2011, 01:26 AM
Yeah man, it was pretty decent. There is another French film, "Mutants" Which is worth checking out.

AcesandEights
18-Jul-2011, 03:28 AM
Yeah, I've had it queued for a while, but still haven't gotten around to giving it a chance. Good to know people keep saying fairly decent things about it.

Darksider18
29-Jul-2011, 05:17 PM
yeah i saw a scene for this in some site (cant remember what site though), it is actually Freakin Awesome in my opinion! lmao. ive never seen this good of a film without actually knowing about it in advance due to adverts and stuff. :p.

MikePizzoff
29-Jul-2011, 07:16 PM
Also been in my queue for quite some time. Just haven't had the chance/mood to give it a shot. I've heard good things, though.

fulci fan
29-Jul-2011, 09:45 PM
I thought it was pretty dumb, actually. Typical running zombies that scream like jungle cats.

krisvds
13-Aug-2011, 05:53 AM
Yeah, really dumb action - zombie film. I enjoyed it though, pacing is good at least. The film is all kicks and no brains. Nothing wrong with that. A pity they didn't go all out like Lamberto Bava did in his Demons. This film reminded me of that one a bit, minus the hard rock songs and the humour. Of all the latest zombie films I've seen it's way better than the dreadful "Eaters' but not as good as the great [REC] films.

ChokeOnEm
13-Aug-2011, 05:14 PM
Started watching this one last nite and fell asleep. Not sure if I will finish it. I also watched the original UK Amicus version of Tales from the Crypt, which was alot of fun.

Ragnarr
13-Aug-2011, 05:46 PM
Enjoyed La Horde. I would place the movie somewhere between Romero's first three films (on the enjoyable, high end), and Land & Survival (on the extremely low crappy end).

Have to admit that La Horde had like a zillion extras playing zombies. Amazed that nobody was hurt (for real) filming that scene when what's his face was standing on the car roof with his machete and all those zombies were pressing in on him.

bd2999
12-Sep-2011, 04:26 PM
It did have the problem of roaring zombies but I liked the movie. It is one of the better more recent zombie movies IMO.