PDA

View Full Version : Best & Worst: Give me your list please!!!

TripleRex
24-Jun-2006, 10:11 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I've just sort of recently gotten more into zombie films. I would like to start building my collection, but my knowledge is very limited. Can you give me your personal Top 10 Zombie Movies list of must have films (excluding Romero's since I already have them)? Also, I would appreciate a Bottom 10 list of stinkers to avoid at all costs. I already made the mistake of buying Day of the Dead 2: Contagium. What a pile of crap that was.

One more question: Has anyone seen Hard Rock Zombies? I'm also a rock guitarist, so this interests me. Is it as bad as it sounds? Thanks everyone. I hope I will be able to contribute to the forums.

Philly_SWAT
25-Jun-2006, 12:07 PM
Well, to start small, I would suggest that "Zombie" is probably the best of the non-Romero zombie films. Children of the Living Dead was quite horrible. Children SHouldnt Play with Dead Things in my opinion is pretty bad, but many seem to like it.

Graebel
25-Jun-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm pretty new here too, but you can't go wrong with anything Romero. :D

Philly_SWAT
25-Jun-2006, 09:25 PM
Can you give me your personal Top 10 Zombie Movies list of must have films (excluding Romero's since I already have them)?
I'm pretty new here too, but you can't go wrong with anything Romero.
LOL!!

Graebel
25-Jun-2006, 09:28 PM
Okay, you try to read with a four year old weaving back and forth in front of the computer screen.:dead:

The right answer should have been "There are other zombie movies than Romero's worth watching? NO!!!!!"

Sci-Fi's ROTLD sequels are ****e. There is a cool French movie that I can't remember the title for. And I admit a weakness for Resident Evil 1.

Philly_SWAT
25-Jun-2006, 09:40 PM
Okay, you try to read with a four year old weaving back and forth in front of the computer screen.
No thanks. I have enough trouble reading with me weaving back and forth in front of the computer screen.......

zombiegirl
25-Jun-2006, 10:03 PM
Avoid House Of The Dead and Night Of the Zombies at all costs. They are terrible films. Definately check out Zombie, Evil Dead, Serpent And The Rainbow, Dead Alive, Return OF The Living Dead, Resident Evil, and 28 Days Later. Most of these do have sequels but this will get you started.

TripleRex
25-Jun-2006, 10:16 PM
Avoid House Of The Dead and Night Of the Zombies at all costs. They are terrible films. Definately check out Zombie, Evil Dead, Serpent And The Rainbow, Dead Alive, Return OF The Living Dead, Resident Evil, and 28 Days Later. Most of these do have sequels but this will get you started.

I've seen Evil Dead, Serpent, Resident Evil, 28 Days Later (have the DVD), and Return of the Living Dead. Tried watching House of the Dead on Sci-Fi, but it just sucked beyond belief. I'll definitely check out Zombie. That's the Italian one right?

So no one has seen or heard of Hard Rock Zombies? I've seen it on eBay. Hey, even Hitler is in it!

Thanks for the suggestions. Give me more please!

Dawg
25-Jun-2006, 10:45 PM
Okay, you try to read with a four year old weaving back and forth in front of the computer screen.:dead:

The right answer should have been "There are other zombie movies than Romero's worth watching? NO!!!!!"

Sci-Fi's ROTLD sequels are ****e. There is a cool French movie that I can't remember the title for. And I admit a weakness for Resident Evil 1.

Is it a recent French one called, 'They Came Back'?

:dead: Dawg

tju1973
26-Jun-2006, 12:57 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I've just sort of recently gotten more into zombie films. I would like to start building my collection, but my knowledge is very limited. Can you give me your personal Top 10 Zombie Movies list of must have films (excluding Romero's since I already have them)? Also, I would appreciate a Bottom 10 list of stinkers to avoid at all costs. I already made the mistake of buying Day of the Dead 2: Contagium. What a pile of crap that was.

One more question: Has anyone seen Hard Rock Zombies? I'm also a rock guitarist, so this interests me. Is it as bad as it sounds? Thanks everyone. I hope I will be able to contribute to the forums.

Fulci's Zombie and even Zombie 3
The Dead Next Door
Redneck Zombies
Shockwaves (easily the best of the Nazi/Zombie flicks)
and although not really zombies, Nightmare City--
and Shaun-- always Shaun of the Dead-- but it sort of was a homage to GAR-- and I am a sucker for Brit comedy-- probably because I grew up watching late night PBS----

:)

The worst-- hm Day of the Dead 2.... Zombie 4..Zombie 5 (WTF Killing Birds?!?!) and I am split on Undead....

NVK
26-Jun-2006, 03:11 AM
Best:
Return Of The Living Dead
Shaun Of The Dead
Lucio Fulci's Zombie, City Of The Living Dead, and some other ones.
Dead Alive
Serpent And The Rainbow
An American Werewolf In London ( Well a little bit of the undead in it.)
Night Of The Creeps
Dawn Of The Dead remake ( Fun in a hollywood popcorn flick kind of way. And 3 kick ass cameos by stars of the original.)

Oh forgot.

The Worst

House Of The Dead
Zombi 4
Zombi 5
Zombiez

I'll admit I didn't see the last 3.

DjfunkmasterG
26-Jun-2006, 11:02 AM
The best,

Anything from Romero except Land of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead 1, 2 & 3
Shaun of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead (2004)
28 Days Later (yes it is a frigging zombie film :D )
Resident Evil 2
Night of the Zombies (Bruno Matte)
Zombie (Fulci)
Creepshow (Episodes containing zombies)

The Worst

Return of the Living Dead 4 & 5
Children of the Living Dead (The Worst)
House of the Dead
Night of the Living Dead 30th Anniversary Edition
Resident Evil 1
Vampires Vs. Zombies
Hood of the Living Dead
Tombs of the Blind Dead
City of the Living Dead
City of the Walking Dead
Garden of the Dead
Chud 2 (This I am split on)
Chud
My Boyfriends Back

Too many people muck up this genre and it ****es me off. I hope no one else screws the pooch on this anytime soon.

krisvds
26-Jun-2006, 03:04 PM
Also consider 'The Beyond' and 'City of the living dead', both by Fulci.
Zombie-esque, but good fun anyway: 'Demons' 1 and 2, by Lamberto Bava.
I also have a soft spot for Hammer classic 'Plague of the zombies.'

DjfunkmasterG
26-Jun-2006, 04:32 PM
Also consider 'The Beyond' and 'City of the living dead', both by Fulci.
Zombie-esque, but good fun anyway: 'Demons' 1 and 2, by Lamberto Bava.
I also have a soft spot for Hammer classic 'Plague of the zombies.'

City of the Living Dead used to be titled Gates of Hell, or something like that, plus it is mediocre to boot.

NVK
26-Jun-2006, 09:05 PM
I don't consider 28 Days Later a zombie movie in the traditional sense. I mean not because they run. But they don't eat people, you don't have to shoot them in the head, and they have anything to do with voodoo. Which admit it, the voodoo zombie is the REAL zombie, not GAR's variation which is more inspired by EC horror comics. But 28 Days Later still seems like a zombie movie, and is a good movie till the army part. Oh and Lucio Fulci is an underrated director.:D

Doc Foster
27-Jun-2006, 05:53 PM
BEST:
05) "Zombie" (the only Fulci film that's actually watchable, IMO)
04) "Return Of The Living Dead"
03) "Braindead"
02) "Night Of The Living Dead" (Tom Savini remake)
01) "Shaun Of The Dead"

WORST:
05) "Burial Ground"
04) "Erotic Nights Of The Living Dead" (unless it's the hardcore version... ;))
03) "Night Of The Living Dead: 30th Anniversary Edition" (this has NOTHING to do with Romero)
02) "Zombie Holocaust"
01) "Night Of The Zombies"

shanejenkins
29-Jun-2006, 12:07 AM
Guy's im new here but thought this was the thread for my first post.
I have to agree with most of you with the best offerings other than GAR's are : shaun, demons, 28days later, Res Evil 1@ 2 etc but one that seems to have been missed is The living dead at the Manchester Morgue. Very difficult to get! Not the best ever but worth a look at least.

I've seen Undead pop up a couple of times. Are we on about the Australian Film? If so, Stay well clear. Im Australian and am highly embarresed by it. The Synopsis makes it sound like the best zombie flick ever but it fails to deliver in all aspects! Another to miss would be House of the dead.

Tri0xin
29-Jun-2006, 02:42 AM
The Best (non-Romero):

01.) The Return of the Living Dead
02.) Dawn of the Dead '04
03.) My Boyfriend's Back
04.) Shaun of the Dead
05.) Night Life
06.) Video Dead
10.) Fulci's Zombi (aka Zombie II, Zombie Flesh Eaters)
11.) Hell of the Living Dead (Night of the Zombies)
12.) Burial Ground (aka Nights of Terror)
13.) Dead of Night (aka Deathdream)
14.) The House of Seven Corpses (Yes, this is a zombie movie)
15.) Children Shouldn't Play with Death Things
16.) Return of the Living Dead II
17.) Dead Alive (aka Braindead)]
EDIT: Night of the Living Dead '90 isn't named because Romero still wrote the screenplay

The Worst:

01.) Garden of the Dead
02.) Tomb of the Blind Dead
03.) Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
04.) Zombie Lake
05.) Day of the Dead 2: Contagium
06.) House of the Dead
07.) Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis
08.) Return of the Living Dead: Rave to the Grave
09.) House of the Dead 2: Dead Aim
10.) Dead Next Door
11.) The Dead Hate the Living
12.) Zombie Honeymoon
13.) Redneck Zombies
14.) Living Dead Girl
15.) Children of the Living Dead
16.) Tobe Hooper's Mortuary (What a disappointment!)

Danny
29-Jun-2006, 03:14 AM
heres mine

shaun of the dead, easily 4th best zombie flick ever:D
dawn of the dead
day of the dead
night of the dead
land of the dead
brain dead
undead
evil dead
zombie flesh easters
resident evil 2
28 days later, though most say it isnt a zombie flick all romero fans like it nonetheless:D
the living dead at manchester morgue
reanimator
reign of the damned, zombies with katanas eating eyes with there "special spoons":lol:
ghouls

the worst are:

VAMPIRES VS ZOMBIES - I CANT STRESS HOW MUCH THE DIRECTOR WAS A PRETENTIOUS ****!...sorry, but its that ****.:mad:
dead and breakfast
zombie honeymoon, once again i listen to a fangoria review and am let down
plaga zombie - zona mutante
day of the dead 2
resident evil 1
house of the dead
return of the living dead 3 thru whatever the hell it is now, 2 was enough!
the dead hate the living
zombie lake
night of the living dead 30th aniversary edition, with all those lame ass romero fans adding there own extra scenes that ruined the trilogy of the dead box set with there god aweful acting!:mad: :mad: :mad:
my boyfreinds back
burial ground
zombie pimps...yes its like snakes on a plane the title hides nothing:D

oh and heres the best and worst zombie games

best:

resident evil series(except 4 thats an action game dammit!:mad: )
cold fear
house of the dead 2
zombies vs ambulance
dead rising
silent hill series (i know ,technically there demons)
forbidden siren
hunter: the reckoning
and, of course, zombies ate my nieghbours, that game is the ****ing ****!
stubbs the zombie (bom-bom-bom-bom-bom, bom-bom-bom, bom-bom,bom...mr sandman....bring me a dream..):D god i love that game!

heres the worst

shadowman
carrier
resident evil 4(its not a zombie game!:dead: )
japanese zombie dating game i cant remember the title of that a freind found on holiday.ew.:barf:
resident evil gaiden, no matter how mutch i try to like it.
house of the dead 3 , I FINISHED IT IN 14 MINUTES FOR CHRSITS SAAKE!!!:mad: plus it comes with a documentary about the equally **** film the director calls "the greatest horror film ever". prick.:rolleyes:

hope this helps:cool:

TripleRex
29-Jun-2006, 04:36 AM
Thanks for all your lists. It will save me money and time by avoiding the real stinkers. It's funny how some titles are listed in Best and Worst lists. So who do I believe?

What about these two movies? Anyone seen them?

Zombie Planet

Zombie Death House (John Saxon)

And I'm still hoping someone might have seen Hard Rock Zombies!!!

I almost forgot, speaking of video games, has anyone played Land of the Dead: the Road to Fiddler's Green? I have an xBox and am curious about the game. Any good?