PDA

View Full Version : "From Dust" seems to be getting some attention!

Neil
01-Aug-2011, 01:06 PM
Previews seem quite +ve

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/from-dust/preview/e3-2011-from-dust-hands-on-preview-a-fantastic-minimalist-god-sim/a-20110609143130916073/g-2010061418198672008

AcesandEights
01-Aug-2011, 01:20 PM
Yeah, been kind of wondering about this. Right now I'm trying to figure out if I should DL it for the 360 or wait for the PC release. Not sure if the PC version is supposed to be more in depth than a 360 version, but I'd have to almost assume (or at least hope) so.

Danny
01-Aug-2011, 01:50 PM
so far ive heard its mostly feels like just a tech demo of a next gen black and white and everything in the trailers is literaly all you can do- only without the fast forward points to move generation ahead.
So its technically superb, as a videogame? it looks less engrossing than spore.

Neil
01-Aug-2011, 02:16 PM
so far ive heard its mostly feels like just a tech demo of a next gen black and white and everything in the trailers is literaly all you can do- only without the fast forward points to move generation ahead.
So its technically superb, as a videogame? it looks less engrossing than spore.

Oh :(

Mind you, these guys gave it 9/10 (on the XBox)!? http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/from-dust-review-this-dust-wont-settle/

kidgloves
01-Aug-2011, 02:51 PM
I bought this on Saturday night and spent ALL day yesterday playing it.
I absolutely love it and i am seriously hooked.
Its a strange hybrid (for me anyway) of genres. You reshape the landscape using godly powers to enable your tribe to flourish. I've only played the story mode so far but each level is like a puzzle that you have to work out how to help your tribe set up new villages by totem poles and then ultimately escape the land/level. You fight off tsunami's, fires and moving ground but also use them for your strategy to build and open paths for the tribe. As you progress stories are revealed to you that help you use the terrain, powers and wildlife. All of which can be destructive or helpful depending on how you use them.
It works well on the xbox and the controller seems perfect for the gameplay.

Neil
01-Aug-2011, 03:29 PM
^^ That sounds promising then :)