PDA

View Full Version : My search for the Dead...

jlydic
01-Aug-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi, all.
I'm brand new, and just wanted to first say great job with the site. Been finding some really good information on all things post mortem. :)

Anyhow, at the end of this month I'm hoping to do a pilgrimage of sorts. Going to take my cousin to visit the Monroeville Mall and the Zombie Museum (hopefully), the Evans City Cemetery, and anything else. I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a few things though.

1. I read in the forum that there are several renovations happening to the Mall, and that the zombie museum is temporarily closed. Does anybody have any info regarding the museum, like when it will re-open, is the Time & Space store still open?

2. My search for the farmhouse where NotLD was shot has been futile thus far, and I'd at least like to fit a drive by it into my day. Does anybody have a location or an address? I realize going up and knocking on the door is out of the question, but it would kinda cool to pass by it and point it out.

3. Any other spots I should try to check out?

Thanks for any help and insight!

bassman
01-Aug-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm not sure about the mall's renovations, but THIS THREAD (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?10582-Wikimapia-Google-Map-Romero-links) should help you out with the two location questions. You can find just about every location in there. The Night68 farmhouse is gone, but the house from the remake is still there, I believe.

Mr.G
02-Aug-2011, 12:06 AM
I was at the mall last month and have the following to report from the owner via email:

Hi-

We are moving to another spot in the mall. Will reopen in the fall. The new
store will be called Monroeville Zombies and will focus on just the Zombie
stuff. Look for us on the Macy's end in October.

Thanks,
Kevin
Time and Space - Monroeville Zombies

The mall itself was great from a historical DOTD perspective BUT I was bummed that the museum/store was closed. I guess I'll try again next year.