PDA

View Full Version : 'Regular Show' is now the best cartoon on tv

Danny
03-Aug-2011, 03:03 AM
c6cxFQKiWjQ

spongebob never ended a season to a pub brawl whilst a british gent sings footloose on a karaoke machine in the background. :lol:

bassman
03-Aug-2011, 12:15 PM
Mustache Cash Dash!

Very funny show. The wife and I watch it with the kid almost every day. We often find ourselves quoting the show throughout the day.

Cartoon Network has really stepped up their game recently. New cartoons that are funny and on before Adult Swim. Who woulda thought?

Mitchified
03-Aug-2011, 12:19 PM
Cartoon Network has really stepped up their game recently.

No kidding. I was watching the new Thundercats with my daughter and it was excellent. I hate to say it, but it was better than the series I remember from my childhood.

bassman
03-Aug-2011, 12:37 PM
I still haven't seen the new Thundercats. Was never a huge fan of the original anyway, but I'll give it a shot.

I was meaning their weekday evening line up. Regular Show, Adventure Time, New Looney Tunes, Mad, etc. All suprisingly funny stuff leading almost straight into Adult Swim.

Mr. Clean
03-Aug-2011, 07:00 PM
No kidding. I was watching the new Thundercats with my daughter and it was excellent. I hate to say it, but it was better than the series I remember from my childhood.

I agree with you but also slightly disagree. Unless they age Lion-o somehow, it's going to be somewhat annoying having a teenage Lion-o.

In the new one, there wasn't a lesson to be learned type moment slipped into the plot like much of the 80s cartoons did which was a plus.

Danny
04-Aug-2011, 05:44 AM
I still haven't seen the new Thundercats. Was never a huge fan of the original anyway, but I'll give it a shot.

I was meaning their weekday evening line up. Regular Show, Adventure Time, New Looney Tunes, Mad, etc. All suprisingly funny stuff leading almost straight into Adult Swim.

expect problem solverz, that was absolute trash of the sort i thought we stopped making in the 70's

blind2d
04-Aug-2011, 08:20 PM
It's still not better than Ponies, player.

Danny
04-Aug-2011, 08:34 PM
It's still not better than Ponies, player.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/1312480639739.png
get the fuck out brony scum.

blind2d
05-Aug-2011, 03:35 PM
*sighs. Watches a few episodes of FPSRussia. Skitches a truck. Vacuums the house. Comes back*
No. Spike said "zombies". Can your 'Regular Show' claim that?!
...As I thought.

bassman
05-Aug-2011, 04:18 PM
What's the deal with My Little Pony lately, anyway?!? I'm seeing it everywhere. There are grown men talking about it on other boards. WTF? :confused:

AcesandEights
05-Aug-2011, 04:48 PM
regular show is now the best cartoon on tv

Better than the Herculoids?

Danny
05-Aug-2011, 05:58 PM
What's the deal with My Little Pony lately, anyway?!? I'm seeing it everywhere. There are grown men talking about it on other boards. WTF? :confused:

"bronies" are something of a cult dedicated to the show for 6 year old girls based on the toys of the same name called my little pony: friendship is magic. Borderlining on near religious fervor these are grown males who failed to escape adolescence in terms of maturity and development and have a gross emotional detachment with the world around them and they seek comfort in both the show and the circle jerking of fellow 'bronies'. Using terms like 'clop' to describe masturbating to pony erotic fan fiction, changing there names to things like fluttershy or rainbow dash and infesting forums and shutting themselves off in pony-cliques within the forum like a malignant cancer.

Its utterly creepy, and talking with a therapist i know whos had to talk with quite a few bronies it seems like its universally the people who got bullied in high school, never came out of their shell and did the usual things like grow up, talk to girls, get a job, etc and this need to form an emotional attachment on such a basic preschool level is the minds attempt to cope and fight off severe depression.

Kind of makes the pink unicorns have a much darker undertone when you think about it.

*i only know this shit because a forum i admin had to have a brony purge because these creeps showed up, flooded threads with their brony crap to the point that they were posting stuff that would get them on a FBI watch list and i just had to say "it is a show for 6 year old girls. you are not a 6 year old girl. cut the shit or go to ponychan or something".

bassman
05-Aug-2011, 06:03 PM
:stunned:

Oh. Well thanks for the explanation. That explains why about 60% of the douchebags on a Ghostbusters forum I used to visit are into the show. All of them have MLP avatars, use the silly slang you mention, and even went as far as to sell each other home made t-shirts with their pony "shield logo" or some crap like that. I like cartoons and 'immature' stuff, but that's just scary...

blind2d
05-Aug-2011, 07:06 PM
The CMC shield logos? Ew...
But seriously, it's a good show. Clever writing, excellent voice acting, genuine humor (that doesn't have to go into absurdist realms like most of the modern day cartoons), and the list goes on.
Music...
It's not scary though. It's great, if people really get it.
Lauren Faust, of Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
The only good imagining of the franchise in animation land.
Etc.
*Notices no rebuttal on the 'zombies' comment*
But yeah, I'm not trying to be a Trollestia, or anything, just sharing my love.
Love and Tolerance, everypony.
*gives muffin* - Derpy Hooves
"Well I think it's a lot of rubbish. Silly sods with no better things to do than write on all these message boards floating 'round cyberspace." - Murdoc
"But... Isn't that what we're doing?" - 2D
"Shut up, faceache!" - Murdoc

Pink unicorns? Who? Twilight's purple, Rarity's white, Lyra's aquamarine... Vinyl Scratch is white...
The only pink one is Pinkamena and she's an earth pony.
Do your bloody research, lad.
*Note: I never clop. That's for the deranged. Or just severely lonely. I guess. Wouldn't know. Never met someone like that.*
The fighting game for all the characters looks cool. I hope it's finished soon.
*Forces Hells to read the Cupcakes fanfic*
Look. All I'm saying is it's better than some show that's kinda trying to be like Adventure Time. Which is crap.
Real emotions trump random crap.
What?
Bacon strips, bacon strips, more bacon strips. Smart.
*Watches Die Hard again*
Damn that's a good movie... Willis makes Arnold look like a wuss.
Parasprite.

Danny
05-Aug-2011, 07:53 PM
the preceding LOL GAIZ I AM SO RANDUM bullshit as a cover for being a fully developed human being is why kids need to take some kind of test to be allowed free internet access online.

nobody cares how random anyone spouting this tripe is. ever. it never makes them seem funny, clever, insightful or unique. because like every tween with parental issues and lack of proper social development you all regurgitate the exact same tired bullshit that nobody online will ever give enough of a fuck about anyone to bother to care about.

You know people may like the human beings behind the invader zim persona building exercise if given a chance.

but that wouldnt be random now, would it? that involves being one of the big boys and being honest about yourself, and if you cant do that in your own head how can you do that when conversing with other people.

but dont mind me. please return to ranting about anything in a faux ADD way for attention and raping the * key.

bassman
05-Aug-2011, 08:11 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/sht%20just%20got%20real/grand/cena_whistling_gif.gif

Blind has never made any sense. First time noticing or just had enough?

blind2d
05-Aug-2011, 08:35 PM
I really didn't understand anything Hells/Danny said in his last post.
Still no word on zombies.
I'm beginning to think you lot are closed-minded.
Or at least Danny is.
Too bad, I used to like him.
*Rapes '8' key*
Yep. Got that right.
Invader Zim? And you're calling ME random?
I'm just really confused right now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVGI6mhfJyA
Sometimes I make sense, Bass, you just have to look for it.
I love you guys, but sometimes it's hard. (Last three words said like Bobby Womack in 'Stylo')
Not here to flame, but honestly Danny-boy, you're making me feel like evolving into Rapidash.
Derpy gives you muffins anyway.
"Oh... about that... Um... I kinda ate them all, already..." -The Muffin Monster
Oh well, sorry about that.
*hugs after raping the '8' key once again*

Mr. Clean
16-Aug-2011, 11:53 PM
Adventure Time is a pretty decent show too.

blind2d
18-Aug-2011, 01:04 PM
*sigh*
Sure it is. Sure it is.
I'll let you guys live in your little fantasy world.
Anyway, follow Pinkamina Diane Pie on Tumblr for all your gory cartoon needs.

bassman
18-Aug-2011, 01:11 PM
Now you're saying Adventure Time isn't funny? Do you have a sense of humor?!? And funny you mention living in a fantasy world while you're the one watching a show intended for 5 year old girls. Just sayin'. :p

blind2d
18-Aug-2011, 01:14 PM
I hope y'all realize I don't watch these shows. You do know that, right?
Okay, so I watched the clip and one episode of Regular, and... not impressed.
I've seen Adventure Time a little and do actually enjoy it.
*Reads Cupcakes again*
Meh, I could've done it better.
*Jerks off to a picture of Pinkamina splattered with blood*
Um... You didn't see that...

bassman
18-Aug-2011, 01:38 PM
Wait....what? You've never seen these shows but you're in here comparing them to your favorites? WTF dude?

blind2d
18-Aug-2011, 03:47 PM
My 'favoriteS'? No. Just one or two. And anyway, yeah... Doesn't everyone do that?
*whispers to invisible person* Sometimes I think bassman forgets I'm insane. Don't tell him.

AcesandEights
18-Aug-2011, 04:31 PM
Wait....what? You've never seen these shows but you're in here comparing them to your favorites? WTF dude?

Welcome to the Layer Cake...I mean internet...son :p

http://www.the-trades.com/jpappas/layercake2%5B1%5D.jpg

Neil
18-Aug-2011, 05:38 PM
My son (8) loves it!