PDA

View Full Version : A New Film based podcast covering Horror, Action, Comedy... The After Movie Diner

AfterMovieDiner
04-Aug-2011, 08:13 PM
I write a blog, I am now also a podcaster. So anyone here who has a commute or likes listening to film geeks ramble on - please check out my podcast.
The first episode of which features a long bit about the Evil Dead remake and the second episode focuses on other genre legend Kurt Russell. We have a Stallone episode coming up this Monday and then following that a Joe Dante episode featuring Gremlins, the Burbs and Piranha.
Thought some of you guys might like that :)

AcesandEights
04-Aug-2011, 08:27 PM
Moved to media section.

Welcome to the forums! Hope you take some time to get to know the community, as we do like to hear from new members, and repeated flyby spams (adverts) will get deleted (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/faq.php?faq=conduct_item#faq_advert_item).

AfterMovieDiner
04-Aug-2011, 08:46 PM
Hey man, no I definitely want to get to know the community. I put that up by way of an introduction because I thought people in the forum would get a kick out of it.

axlish
05-Aug-2011, 01:12 AM
I recommend this podcast as well!

AfterMovieDiner
05-Aug-2011, 03:20 AM
Cheers Axlish man - thank you for the support, means a lot. I've got to that stage of Profondo Cinema fandom where I can't wait for my Wednesday's man, I listen to it right at the beginning of the day on the way to work and then realise I have to wait a whole week for my next new fix :) but I still have some back episodes to listen to as well.
Hey, have you heard of a film Gone with the Pope? It was released by Grindhouse Releasing and edited by Spiderman editor and Raimi friend Bob Mursawski but no sign of it on DVD. It's an old 70s weird gangster thing about stealing the pope and holding him for ransom. Sadly I think Mursawski wants to keep it cinema only. Wondered if you had heard anything about Grindhouse Releasing as they do a lot of stuff right up your street - Pieces, A Cat in the Brain, The Beyond etc.
Keep up the good work man!

axlish
05-Aug-2011, 11:20 AM
I've seen a trailer for Gone with the Pope and it looks pretty wild, but that is all I know about it.

I really dig Grindhouse releasing but I have two gripes. They are slow to release their titles and they haven't gone Blu yet. Otherwise they are fantastic. I have Pieces and The Beyond. I look forward to their release of Death Game because the DVD I have currently looks like a VHS rip.

AfterMovieDiner
05-Aug-2011, 06:19 PM
I feel the same way man, why are they sitting on all these amazing titles and doing not very much with them slowly?

Keep an eye on their website because if Pope comes to a cinema round your way and you like batshit nonsense but funny, with modern eyes, type 70s gangster type stuff then this is the one to see!

I keep waiting for the Landmark Sunshine in NYC to play it again... it's been a long year since last I saw it.

Looking at your website man I see you have The Marx Brothers, The Kids in The Hall, Kevin Smith and Spaced on there! I love that stuff man, with the 70s SNL crew, Anchorman, Fletch, Chris Guest, Monty Python and Peter Cook, these are some of my favourite all time comedy people!

Have loved your other comedy pods, can't wait to hear what you make of the Brits in Spaced! is there any other Brit stuff, comedy, sci-fi, whatever that you like?

axlish
06-Aug-2011, 01:34 AM
We plan on a Wright/Pegg show at some point, but doing shows every week, we get notions and branch off in all sorts of directions. The Marx Bros. are more of jscott's thing and he has backed off the idea of doing a show on them, but I think we'll get there some day. Outside of Wright/Pegg and Monty Python, Rowan Atkinson and Ricky Gervais/The Office is about it.

AfterMovieDiner
22-Aug-2011, 07:17 AM
The Third Episode of our podcast went up today and has a little bit for everyone: Sci-Fi, Action and Werner Herzog! I personally think it's a real cracker!!
It can be found here:http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/110745 or on iTunes.

-- -------- Post added 10-Aug-2011 at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-Aug-2011 at 07:22 AM ----------

Axl and JScott, oh guys, just getting my Profondo kicks on the new episode before I hit the hay and what do I hear? and amazing AMAZING and wow, just really appreciated and embarrassingly flattering plug of the podcast.
Can't thank you enough. Wow I am blown away by your appreciation and analysis of the podcast. Good spot on the whole Python influence, I grew up absorbing that stuff (amongst other British surreal comedy and of course Kids in the Hall - as we have discussed here). I was worried that maybe the comedy was too much or too distracting but was really glad to get positive feedback on that man. Glad you like it guys, believe me I am loving putting them together so they are not stopping anytime soon.
I get a big kick from listening to you guys too, you know this, (and you can tell I am up at 1am listening to your podcast because now I can't wait for tomorrows commute!!) and you are truly the inspiration for me, so to get that validation, wow, thank you thank you thank you.
I have to get on a Rutger Hauer kick thanks to you guys and I recently watched some Tarantino cuts and Tenacious D Pick of Destiny after listening to some of your back issues.
Thanks again and I never fail to drop Profondo's name when discussing podcasting and stuff my friends should listen to... I give you guys all the credit, you're funny, friendly, interesting, deeply knowledgable and the biggest compliment? you are just yourselves and it's damn infectious and awesome to listen to.
Take care Axl and JScott and thanks again guys. Wow.

-- -------- Post added 15-Aug-2011 at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was 10-Aug-2011 at 05:25 AM ----------

Anyone love Joe Dante?? I am a big fan. We cover him in the 4th episode of the podcast. Went up today. Thanks

-- -------- Post added 22-Aug-2011 at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was 15-Aug-2011 at 10:22 AM ----------

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7MoL4uFUa50/TlH9ydqqFbI/AAAAAAAAAX0/HpIOYarbDrU/s1600/The-Walking-Dead-the-walking-dead-16919334-1200-960.jpg
- 5th episode of the podcast is on a topic you all might care something about... The Walking Dead and yes we discuss the problems facing season 2 with all the recent news. Just thought I'd pass it on. All the best :)

jscott
08-Sep-2011, 10:39 PM
is there any other Brit stuff, comedy, sci-fi, whatever that you like?
I need to turn axl onto The Young Ones, that's a Britcom I'd love to talk about on the show.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTNkAb23fzdassAVSAaKDqRY7v034Qg 1dYyI7iqBXp5EtXkfZV

AfterMovieDiner
09-Sep-2011, 03:40 PM
I need to turn axl onto The Young Ones, that's a Britcom I'd love to talk about on the show.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTNkAb23fzdassAVSAaKDqRY7v034Qg 1dYyI7iqBXp5EtXkfZV

The Young Ones is a definite favourite (and check out it's unofficial follow up Bottom with Ade Edmonson and Rik Mayall if you can)
We used to watch it religiously growing up and then again years later at Uni... it's weird, clever, slapstic, funny, mental and silly

Can't wait to hear a Brit comedy pod from Profondo. Look what I'm saying... I can't wait to hear an episode from Profondo period!

good call there JScott sir!

jscott
09-Sep-2011, 09:07 PM
I think there's an ep of Bottom on The Young Ones collection I have (the 1st US issue on DVD, not sure what the difference is with the 2nd). Didn't Edmonson & Mayall do a series called Catflap as well? Seems like a friend of my brothers had a PAL disc of them & wanted to sell it to me since I had a region-less, PAL player. I will get my set to axl eventually because it is stellar. Hard to believe, but MTV ran the entire two series of the Young Ones uncut from 84-86, without commercials! Think of them almost daily, especially this exchange for some reason-
Rik: Why don't you like me?
Viv: Cuz you're a complete and total bastard.

AfterMovieDiner
02-Oct-2011, 02:41 AM
I haven't been on here a while but I just saw this. The show you're referring to is called Filthy, Rich and Catflap, I think it's pretty much more of the same. I have seen some of it but not enough to give a review. Bottom was pretty amazing though, I believe they have released it over here. I think it's in my local Barnes and Noble.
Good watching Mr.Scott!

rongravy
02-Oct-2011, 07:17 PM
Yeah, I found The Young Ones through MTV, back when it didn't suck yet. That show is one of my all time favorites. I would love to live in that house with those guys, though I'd probably hate Neil along with the rest of them for being a dirty hippie.
"You're a spade. I always call him that..."
Anybody who hasn't seen that show is severely lacking...

AfterMovieDiner
29-May-2012, 02:14 AM
I recently had the pleasure to interview Barbara Crampton from Re-Animator and speak to her about her return to film acting with two roles, one in the upcoming Lords of Salem and another in the indie You're Next as well as delve into her past and an over view of working with Stuart Gordon, her feelings on being a scream queen and the state of the genre today!

Please check it out!
Download/Listen to MP3: http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-110745/TS-629585.mp3
iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/podcast-from-after-movie-diner/id452996435
Blogger: http://amdpodcast.blogspot.com/2012/05/episode-40-stuart-gordon-specialre.html

Sammich
29-May-2012, 04:31 AM
It would be most cool if you did a show with interviews of Uwe Boll and the film makers at The Asylum.