PDA

View Full Version : Boy fishing hooks severed foot

Mr. Clean
12-Aug-2011, 04:26 AM
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/offbeat/severed-foot-hooked-boy-fishing-human-lake-marie-fake-prop-halloween-20110811

Antioch, Ill. - Crews searched a north suburban lake after a boy fishing hooked what he thought was a human foot, but after several hours, a search determined that the foot came from a Halloween prop.
Divers and sonar teams spent nearly nine hours searching Lake Marie, near Antioch, a release from the Lake County Sheriff’s Office said.
Authorities said the boy hooked the foot and reeled it to within three feet of his boat before it fell back into the murky lake water.
Gurnee Fire Department Battalion Chief John Skillman said the search was launched because the boy was considered a reliable source.
The fake foot was found Wednesday evening with the use of sonar.
“Needless to say everyone involved is relieved that the foot turned out to be a fake one,” Lake County Sheriff’s Lieutenant Christopher Thompson said in the release

:clown:

bassman
12-Aug-2011, 12:39 PM
Imagine all the money spent to search that lake. All for a piece of rubber. :rolleyes:

Now i'm waiting to see if that 81 pound bass story is true....

Trin
12-Aug-2011, 02:54 PM
Now i'm waiting to see if that 81 pound bass story is true....
That would be one heavy guitar.

(for those of you who are about to add a post telling me he meant a fish.... this is a bit of an inside joke... since many of us always looked at the name "bassman" and assumed bass referred to a fish... so now I'm assuming he means a guitar... see? i'm turning it around... it's funny... just lol)

rongravy
12-Aug-2011, 03:39 PM
I thought his name referred to the deepness of his voice, and that maybe he was in a choir...

LouCipherr
12-Aug-2011, 06:58 PM
That would be one heavy guitar.

Zing! :lol: :lol: