PDA

View Full Version : Vintage NOTLD Press Clipping

Yojimbo
12-Aug-2011, 08:51 PM
Kyra Schon shared on facebook this very cool vintage press clipping regarding NOTLD.

Interesting to note that Ben is apparently a salesman. Wonder if he was pitching life insurance when it all went down?

sandrock74
13-Aug-2011, 02:47 AM
Ben was a salesman. I knew it!

rongravy
13-Aug-2011, 04:05 AM
Kyra Schon shared on facebook this very cool vintage press clipping regarding NOTLD.

Interesting to note that Ben is apparently a salesman. Wonder if he was pitching life insurance when it all went down?

Could've been encyclopedias. You know, the ones with the human anatomy stuff with the see through pages...
I always wondered why he was so nicely dressed.
Also, they mentioned it was due to some atomic tomfoolery. I thought no one ever knew what brought the dead back to life. What up with that?!?!?

Yojimbo
13-Aug-2011, 03:47 PM
My thought is that the radioactive angle which was very briefly hinted at in the film as a possible explanation for the phenomena (and subsequently never mentioned again in any of the following films) likely was mentioned in a press release and was likely written by Russo who always seemed to be eager to provide a definitive reason for the dead rising as opposed to Romero who was consistently less interested in doing so.

Yeah, maybe Ben was selling encyclopedias or vacume cleaners - it's funny but I had always assumed he was a salesman!