PDA

View Full Version : jani lane dead at 47

Mike70
12-Aug-2011, 09:34 PM
the singer from the glam band warrant has been found dead in a hotel room at age 47.

http://www.wlwt.com/nationalnews/28845515/detail.html

rongravy
13-Aug-2011, 05:46 AM
The only thing I have to add is that in, oh I dunno... about 1988ish, before I turned 16 and drove my own ass to school, Cherry Pie came out and the guy I rode with was totally into lame crapola like Warrant.
He would put in the Cherry Pie song, and I would immediately push eject. After the fact, admittedly assholish as it wasn't even my car, but still... come on.
I'd just discovered the full extent of The Clash, Generation X, The Sex Pistols, and pre stardom Adam and the Ants...
I'd never, and still not today, understand the appeal of glam metal with all their spandex and makeup to the extent of looking prettier than most the women they would undoubtably bed, damn them.
I guess we all have to die, but most of us would not want to die in a Comfort Inn after we'd tasted the good life. I'm not saying the Comfort Inn isn't too good for the likes of myself, but still...
How far we can fall? As much as the likes of me cares to admit it, but I bet that guy/gal was a pussy getting mofo. It'd be like me dying at a Scottish Inn after screwing a crack ho at her worst.
I tried to explain who has just died to my wife. Amazed I knew the lyrics to Cherry Pie.
WTF?!?!?

Danny
13-Aug-2011, 06:24 AM
im gonna show my age by saying i think i recognise the band from guitar hero 2 :lol:

AcesandEights
13-Aug-2011, 02:41 PM
I remember seeing him interviewed some years ago and he looked in a sad, sorry state of disrepair. I think he was unable to make the transition to normal person status after his band's 15 minutes, which is always a shame.

acealive1
13-Aug-2011, 03:11 PM
i could be wrong,but if you own a house in redondo beach and you're at a motel..........hmm..........