PDA

View Full Version : Robot Chicken DVD Menu:

Dawg
25-Jun-2006, 10:52 PM
I don't know if this was posted previously, but on the Robot Chicken dvd menu, there is the sound of a chicken clucking out the theme music from the original Dawn of the Dead from the mall. (Duh-duh-duh.... duh-duh-DUH... duhaal-la-da...)

Robot Chicken is the show created by Seth Green and involves action figures in motion doing stupid things, sort of like Toy Fare's Twisted Mego Theatre.

:dead: Dawg

bassman
26-Jun-2006, 12:02 PM
It was also used for nearly every episode of the first season's closing credits....

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2006, 12:10 PM
Still used in the second season as well, although after 11 episodes they're going on one of those really super gay breaks that your American networks love so much these days. The second season won't be finished off till September through November this year. *sigh*

bassman
26-Jun-2006, 05:53 PM
Still used in the second season as well, although after 11 episodes they're going on one of those really super gay breaks that your American networks love so much these days. The second season won't be finished off till September through November this year. *sigh*

Yeah, those do tend to suck. But you also have to consider that maybe they have to put one show on hold in order to work on another project. Say, "Family Guy" for instance....

But back on topic.....I thought it was great when I heard the ending credtis but I have to say that I probably enjoy Les Claypool's main title theme more.

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2006, 05:59 PM
What do you mean "work" on other projects, lol, they're all made by different companies who do that hard work, the networks just chime in with some crap now and then and buy the things. We can manage it here in the UK, a channel commissions a bunch of series all at the same time and they're all being produced at the same time at different stages and then they get aired - without delays, missed weeks or gaps that last for months (like South Park is also doing right now).

The American system just p*sses me off, and $325,000 for someone slipping a nipple or a "f*ck" on air, that's just so uber-right-wing-religious-nutjobbish I can't believe it. :D

bassman
26-Jun-2006, 06:02 PM
I'm talking about the people involved. Seth Green is the main one I was referring to. He's basically THE guy behind "Robot Chicken" and also one of the main voice contributors to "Family Guy". Not to mention, I'm sure the guy has many other things going on.

My point is.....I seriously doubt they're taking these breaks just to be a**holes to the fans and prolong the wait for new episodes.

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2006, 09:36 PM
Even if it's not just to be assholes, it's still a flawed system and it's not nice to the fans of the shows. It's like with Lost - the second season was chock full of gaps and breaks in the flow so there was bugger all continuity and it completely messed with the flow of the show itself and made it not as good as it could have been. All these breaks are just daft, make the show and then show the damn show in one, consistent run. They managed it with 24 and the fans responded in kind.

Just saying I don't like the American system of scheduling, I think it's completely stupid...:D

Danny
27-Jun-2006, 05:18 AM

yeah like series ten of south park spil by like 6 months *insert grumble here*:mad:

MinionZombie
27-Jun-2006, 10:28 AM
They did the same thing with South Park season 9 ... and Family Guy season 4 ... The Simpson's had a bunch of gaps and breaks ... it's so gheeeeey. A couple of years ago they'd even put a four week gap smack bang in the middle of a season of 24, just to go on holiday for Easter, geebus christ! :|

Dawg
29-Jun-2006, 10:52 PM
It didn't use to be like this. Back in the day ('80s/early '90s), a season was a season by God and there were no reruns (we had flashback episodes from previous episodes when everyone would sit around and talk about the past).

The only reruns were in the summer when the network stars were on break. The schedule was called the Fall schedule for a reason, it started in the fall and ran until the next spring.

:dead: Dawg