View Full Version : I need help indentifying a short film

slickwilly13
28-Aug-2011, 04:12 AM
I watched a film short decades ago and need help indentifying it. The short was made either in the late 70's or early 80's.

The Plot

A man with a mustache goes to an office building for either an interview or answering an ad. The office is abandoned, but there are clothes on the floor. The man cannot find a person in sight. He goes to one room, then film unrolls from a couple of reels. The film piles on the floor and comes to life. It chases after the man, who locks himself up in a room. It is kind of like a parody of The Blob, but it is film.

I remember watching it in the early 80's and cannot remember its name. Does anyone remember this?

slickwilly13
05-Sep-2011, 05:24 PM
Nevermind, I found it. It is called "Recorded Live" from 1975. Here is the film short. I cannot be the only person who remembers this.

S-Qeee8D2Ro

AcesandEights
06-Sep-2011, 05:09 PM
Duuuuude! You have no idea how long I've been trying to find this short. I almost posted about it here a few years ago, but figured it was a lost cause. I believe I first saw this on PBS way back in the day (could be mistaken, though).

You've made my week posting this up. I actually thought the idea of this was damned unsettling, kind of terrifying when I saw it as a little kid. Thank you big time for the flashback, SlickWilly.

slickwilly13
06-Sep-2011, 08:08 PM
No problem. That short film scared the shit out of me when I was 3 or 4 yrs old. It was shown on Showtime and The Movie Channel on a regular basis during the 1981-1983 era. I did some research, since no one responded to the thread and found it. It took a lot searching.