PDA

View Full Version : The Killing Strain

Sammich
31-Aug-2011, 04:15 AM
I saw this movie. It had lots of zombies. It had people shooting guns. It is a good movie. The end.

rongravy
31-Aug-2011, 04:31 AM
I saw this movie. It had lots of zombies. It had people shooting guns. It is a good movie. The end.
Only because I like your name will I give this a chance...
If I can remember it all.

AcesandEights
31-Aug-2011, 02:22 PM
Here's some vids and tidbits at the film's blog: http://thekillingstrainmovie.blogspot.com/

YMy2gLzMEwo

Ragnarr
21-Sep-2011, 07:06 PM
Once again, the UK gets all the kool flicks. I tried Amazon US, I tried Blockbuster, and I tried B&N; no Killing Strain to be found. Grr!

paranoid101
21-Sep-2011, 07:51 PM
Its watchable nothing special

Ragnarr
21-Sep-2011, 08:12 PM
Its watchable nothing special

Just ordered it on AmazonUK. Should be delivered here in a billion years or so.

Ragnarr
29-Sep-2011, 05:12 PM
Okay, I just watched the film from beginning to end. As I don't want to ruin anything for those who haven't seen the movie yet, I'll only grade various aspects of the flick as I see it.

Overall storyline: B
Acting: C for the most part, with the Military dude receiving a B+; the Sheriff & Biker dude each receiving a D minus minus minus
Dialogue: um, wha?
Photography/Filmography: B+
Zombies: (growling, runner types) C
Boarded up house: F (c'mon now, the only thing that house COULD keep out would be better actors)
Stunts: not graded as absolutely none could be found, with the possible exception of the hero climbing out of the sheriff's car
Special FX: C (fire's reflection in the truck's back window should be shaking because the window glass was shaking you see)
Musical score: C
Character decisions: D (illogical/irrational for the most part; being down right stupid the rest of the time)

-- -------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

Apparently, there's some sort of DVD regional viewing thing that I never knew about. I normally watch DVDs on my Playstation, but putting in this movie purchased from across the pond (Region 2), it would not play. Popped the movie into my laptop, which informed me that I can change the setting from Region 1 to Region 2 in order to view the movie, but that this can only be performed four times. After that, the computer DVD setting will forever remain at that setting even if you reinstall Windows. I never knew about this DVD regional thing before, and cannot for the life of me understand why some pimply, dweeby nerd would design computer systems this way.

Sammich
30-Sep-2011, 12:25 AM
You can use DVD decrypter to remove region restrictions. IMO it would fall under fair use because it is being used for personal private viewing.

DeadJonas190
04-Oct-2011, 05:57 PM
The region setting is due to different copyright laws around the world. They break it up into different regions also so the distributors can control things like release dates, pricing, special features and so on. I find it silly myself, but at the same time I understand why they would want to control things like that even though it does make it a pain in the butt to watch certain movies.

Ragnarr
05-Oct-2011, 04:06 PM
The region setting is due to different copyright laws around the world. They break it up into different regions also so the distributors can control things like release dates, pricing, special features and so on. I find it silly myself, but at the same time I understand why they would want to control things like that even though it does make it a pain in the butt to watch certain movies.

I suppose that makes sense, but until I can get my hands on a DVD decrypter, I don't think I'll be going to Amazon.UK anytime soon.

Sammich
05-Oct-2011, 08:17 PM
Just do a search on dvd decrypter, it is freeware. A final version 3.5.4.0 was released before the project was shut down due to the screwy and self contradicting DCMA.