PDA

View Full Version : "Dawn of the Dead" on IFC.

Purge
26-Jun-2006, 12:21 AM
Friday June 30th at 11 EST. :elol: :skull: :cool:

tju1973
26-Jun-2006, 12:51 AM
I watched House of 1k Corpses this weekend. Even tough I own Dawn (and H1kc) on dvd, there is something nice about watching it on TV---

I will set my PVR for that day--

or as it is -- that Dawn.

:)

Purge
26-Jun-2006, 01:07 AM
Yeah, I feel the same way. They've played several Argento and Bava movies, and even Maniac on several occassions. IFC rules.

DjfunkmasterG
26-Jun-2006, 11:15 AM
Which version are they playing? Widescreen or Fullscreen? Since WS is widely available to the General public I really hate the fact that HBO, Showtime, and other movie networks continue to play the Fullscreen version of the films.

Thanks god for ONDEMAND. At least after it debuts on the network they release the WS version to the ONDEMAD community.

Purge
29-Jun-2006, 01:57 PM
Which version are they playing? Widescreen or Fullscreen? Since WS is widely available to the General public I really hate the fact that HBO, Showtime, and other movie networks continue to play the Fullscreen version of the films.

Thanks god for ONDEMAND. At least after it debuts on the network they release the WS version to the ONDEMAD community.

If I remember correctly, they played the widescreen version of Maniac; hopefully they'll do the same for Dawn.

dmbfanintn
03-Jul-2006, 01:52 PM
I am pretty sure that when IFC shows Dawn, they show the extended Cannes Cut in Widescreen. They show Dawn quite often, and it is always that version.

Bunker65
03-Jul-2006, 02:12 PM
For any of you with DirecTV I don't know if you noticed in the description of Dawn under the Guide screen they say "2 former National Guardsmen" in regards to Roger & Peter :|. Oh well, I guess only people like us would notice the mistake & give a care. At least I give a care anyway :D.

Purge
04-Jul-2006, 02:15 PM
What mistake did they make? Weren't Roger and Peter Guardsmen? :confused:

MapMan
04-Jul-2006, 02:30 PM
They were SWAT team members.

MinionZombie
04-Jul-2006, 06:55 PM
But Dawn of the Dead was filmed in fullscreen though ... fake widescreen slapped all over old movies, especially old school horrors, is just laaaaaame in my opinion...

DjfunkmasterG
05-Jul-2006, 11:42 AM
Actually it was filmed in 1.66:1 which isn't quite fullscreen. The 20th Anniversary DVD had the correct aspect ratio. :D

Night of the Living Dead was really the only zombie film Romero had done in 1.33:1 which is considered Academy Aperature.

Dawn and Day were 1.66:1 and later hard matted to 1.85:1 for their DVD releases.

MinionZombie
05-Jul-2006, 02:15 PM
Near to fullscreen ... fullscreen, whatever ... my point was that they've changed the ratio so you're getting stuff cut off, I find it intensely annoying, I want original aspect ratios damnit! If only they could make "hard matting" (etc) a DVD option, if you select the option then some black bars and smacked over your film unless you want to see it in the film's original aspect ratio.

There's just something wrong about watching The Evil Dead in widescreen (rather than 1.37:1) ... also, widescreen just feels far too polished (as does DVD as a format for that matter) for films that were once vilified by the tabloids and were the poster boys for violent media during the 1980s ... oh well...

bassman
05-Jul-2006, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I happened to come across it on IFC the other night. Obviously I couldn't change it after that:cool:

You guys noticed that the IFC channel isn't exactly "independent" movies anymore? I mean....the other night they were showing the "Scream" trilogy.........?:shifty:

But as long as the show respect to "Dawn" and Romero....we're cool..