PDA

View Full Version : Death Valley MTV

paranoid101
04-Sep-2011, 09:26 PM
New show out in the US called Death Valley on MTV, its like the show Cops but with zombies, werewolves and vampires.

You can watch the first episode here if your in the US

http://www.mtv.com/shows/death_valley/series.jhtml

I watched the first one on a streaming site and to be honest I enjoyed it, black comedy with a bit of gore and good make up effects, think im going to stick with this series.

Mike70
01-Oct-2011, 04:31 PM
i had hoped i was dreaming the other night when i came across this show while flipping channels. guess i wasn't. usually MTV gets blown right by but i heard the word "zombie" and stopped to take a look. to be honest, it isn't really all that good. it's done in a goofy style that attempts to be black comedy but fails miserably. attempts at mixing comedy and horror usually fall flat on their faces (shaun being a big exception) for me. in my book horror has got be played straight up or there really isn't a reason to do it all. i don't mind humorous moments in horror films but that is different from horror/comedy. to me the two genres just do not mix well at all (notable exception already pointed out) and is like mixing bourbon and warm milk.

bassman
01-Oct-2011, 04:53 PM
I thought MTV played music videos? Weird...

Mike70
01-Oct-2011, 05:08 PM
I thought MTV played music videos? Weird...

back around 1987 or so

blind2d
01-Oct-2011, 11:39 PM
The Man ruined it. Dewey Finn knows.

mpokera
26-Oct-2011, 03:13 AM
I actually find this show to be fairly amusing, of course its not serious zombie fare. And often its silly to the extreme, but as a half hour diversion its fine. Popcorn tv as I call it, tune in, turn the old noggin to neutral and enjoy a laugh or two if nothing else is on.

babomb
26-Oct-2011, 04:58 AM
It wasn't that bad! It's silly like Reno 911 but with monsters. I guess it isn't for those that take their horror as serious as cancer though. I'm not 1 of those people though.

paranoid101
26-Oct-2011, 07:12 AM
It's a lot of fun this show, good effects the Captain make me laugh and the rest of the cast are good too.