PDA

View Full Version : "Warm Bodies" - zombie romance with John Malkovich

Neil
08-Sep-2011, 09:31 AM
The plot is about a zombie named R (Hoult) who begins having a relationship with a human girl (Palmer) that completely rocks the status quo and could change the entire world. Malkovich will play a character named General Grigio, a man "obsessed with the destruction of the zombie threat," and, presumably, the film's principal villain. The movie is based on the book by Isaac Marion, which was adapted by Levine.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/John-Malkovich-May-Play-The-Villain-In-Zombie-Romance-Story-Warm-Bodies-26643.html

The book sounds interesting!

Review
I never thought I could care so passionately for a zombie. Isaac Marion has created the most unexpected romantic lead I've ever encountered, and rewritten the entire concept of what it means to be a zombie in the process. This story stayed with me long after I finished reading it. I eagerly await the next book by Isaac Marion --STEPHENIE MEYER, author of the 'Twilight' saga

A mesmerising evolution of a classic contemporary myth --SIMON PEGG, actor, writer and director

'Warm Bodies' is a strange and unexpected treat. R is the thinking woman's zombie - though somewhat grey-skinned and monosyllabic, he could be the perfect boyfriend, if he could manage to refrain from eating you. This is a wonderful book, elegantly written, touching and fun, as delightful as a mouthful of fresh brains --AUDREY NIFFENEGGER, author of 'The Time Traveler's Wife'

'Warm Bodies' is a terrific book - a compelling literary fantasy which is also a strange and affecting pop-culture parable --NICK HARKAWAY, author of 'The Gone Away World'

`A disarming writer, ruefully humorous, knowingly cinematic in scope. This is a slacker-zombie novel with a heart' --Guardian, November 2010

`Enormous fun' --Marie Claire, November 2010

`Be quick and read it before it hits the big screen' --MyBliss, October 2010

`These books are so sexy they make Twilight look anemic...' --Fabulous (News of the World), November 2010

`Warm Bodies is a freakin' fun romp through a post zombpocalyptic world gone wrong... 5/5 eyeball Martinis!'
--Zombieinfo.com November 2010

`Wonderfully original' --Daily Mirror, December 6, 2010

Book Description
Romeo and Juliet with zombies - a starry-eyed, sweetly comic story about the humanising power of love, even in the darkest of circumstances.

AcesandEights
08-Sep-2011, 01:36 PM
Ennui creeping in.