PDA

View Full Version : The 'I LOVE ....' Thread

Andy
13-Sep-2011, 05:01 PM
You all seen the hate thread, a open topic where you can post your foul rants about what grinds your gears in life. Well this is the love thread, the polar oppisite. Post about the little things that really make you happy. Not obvious things like wife, kids, family.. im not talking about that just the little things that make days just abit happier.

Id have to say for a opener, red cola. Id never heard of red cola before i moved to scotland but man, it is the nicest soft drink ever and quite tasty with a drop of vodka in it it too.. Its like regular cola only red and with a ton more sugar in it.

I Know its bad for me, but i love it anyway. Same goes for curry, my absolute favourite food. The hotter the better, i eat a load of spicy food but curry will always be king.

AcesandEights
13-Sep-2011, 05:06 PM
I love that someone did this, that other thread can be a bit of a downer.

MinionZombie
13-Sep-2011, 06:06 PM
Andy - "Red Cola"? Never heard of it ... now Irn Bru, that I've heard of (everytime I go to Scotland I drink as much of it as I can :D).

Hmmm ... random things I love ... *ponders*

I love a summer's day under specific conditions - the temperature is warm enough for shorts, but only just, the sky is wonderfully blue, and there's a gentle breeze rustling through the trees ... I love that.

Further to that, I love the sound of a nice breeze going through the trees when I'm going to sleep ... or indeed the sound of rain outside as I'm going to sleep ... and further to that, I love being in a car as it's raining when you're travelling through a nice bit of countryside (like the Lake District, for example), you feel cocooned within the car and the view is dramatic.

Hmmm ... it's much easier to think of random things I hate than random things I love. :D

AcesandEights
13-Sep-2011, 06:08 PM
But do you like Pina Coladas, MZ?!

Andy
13-Sep-2011, 06:34 PM
Andy - "Red Cola"? Never heard of it ... now Irn Bru, that I've heard of (everytime I go to Scotland I drink as much of it as I can :D).

Hmmm ... random things I love ... *ponders*

I love a summer's day under specific conditions - the temperature is warm enough for shorts, but only just, the sky is wonderfully blue, and there's a gentle breeze rustling through the trees ... I love that.

Further to that, I love the sound of a nice breeze going through the trees when I'm going to sleep ... or indeed the sound of rain outside as I'm going to sleep ... and further to that, I love being in a car as it's raining when you're travelling through a nice bit of countryside (like the Lake District, for example), you feel cocooned within the car and the view is dramatic.

Hmmm ... it's much easier to think of random things I hate than random things I love. :D

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Images/ExternalImages/ProductsDetailed/95/067795.jpg

Next time your in scotland man, TRY IT!!

bassman
13-Sep-2011, 06:56 PM
I love having a good fire while its snowing out. This doesn't happen very often in my neck of the woods. Although last year we had a white christmas which was very rare and very nice.

I love the smell of gas. :lol: I don't stand over a tank and huff it or anything, but I do enjoy the smell while i'm fueling up. I dunno...

I love back scratches. Particularly from a woman with nails. I don't know why....they just relax me.

As for food....I love cheese. Just about any kind, really. My arteries are probably 75% clogged already...

kidgloves
13-Sep-2011, 08:58 PM
I make my own beer/ale from kits and when the fermentation process kicks off, depending on how well the mixing and ingredients has gone, you can gauge how good/strong the brew is going to be by the frequency and vigour of the air bubbles escaping from the airlock. Its extremely satisfying to hear the "plop" of the air bubble knowing a good drink is on its way and lots of it :cool:

Andy
13-Sep-2011, 09:18 PM
I Thought of another good one, i LOVE my xrocker chair.

http://www.xrocker.eu/images/xrocker2-medium.jpg

After a hard day at work, stressed out, i come home and mooch in it in front of the TV. Its the comfiest chair ever, i put surround sound and bass on full, load up either a DVD or my XBOX.. heaven :)

rongravy
13-Sep-2011, 09:29 PM
I love peeing outside when it's a bit chilly and you get the piss shiver...
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

MikePizzoff
14-Sep-2011, 12:04 AM
-I love the spicy potatoes & spicy burnt chicken dish my girlfriend makes.

-I love being involved in the underground punk/metal/hardcore scene. The energy of seeing a band play in a packed basement in a ghetto part of West Philly is a feeling most people will never experience.

-I love summer sunsets and summer nights.

-I love exploring abandoned buildings.

-I love baseball, especially The Phillies.

-I love it when friends leave their last beer or two at my house and every week or two I end up with enough random beers to get drunk for a couple of nights.

JDFP
14-Sep-2011, 12:57 AM
Beer.

j.p.

blind2d
14-Sep-2011, 01:34 AM
I love my girl.
I love skating. Being able to ollie while going ten or fifteen miles an hour is like flying.
I love you guys. It wouldn't be the same without you.
I still love playing Mischief Makers. With discretion. Too much of a good thing, yadda yadda.
I love Pinkamina Diane Pie's tumblr.

MinionZombie
14-Sep-2011, 09:26 AM
Bassman - never fear, I kinda like the smell of petrol too ... although specifically old school leaded petrol from the 1980s. Sounds kinda weird, but as a kid I'd love it when we'd stop at a petrol station to fill up ... I'd roll the window down a smidge just to get a little whiff of that 1980s leaded petrol smell. :lol: Perhaps that explains a few things... :p

SymphonicX
14-Sep-2011, 11:16 AM
I love my cat. He's a proper dude.
I love the feeling of wheels gripping a corner as you accelerate out of a bend.
I love going home and all the traffic lights are green
I love summer...the hotter the better.
I love sparking up and playing guitar in a back garden or a field, chilling out with a beer and a book and enjoying the peace.
I love getting things right at work, when a piece perfectly comes together with shots, graphics and music.

Mike70
14-Sep-2011, 03:05 PM
i love cats of all sorts.
i love thunderstorms.
i love the sound of a night rain on the roof.
i love hiking in the couple of old growth forests in this area.
i love sitting on the bank of the little miami river on a sunday afternoon.
i love autumn and everything that goes with it.
i love a good run in a kayak.
i love exploring places, especially old tunnels, abandoned bldgs.
i love rivers and moving bodies of water of all sorts.
i love baseball.
i love indian food and asian food in general.

MinionZombie
14-Sep-2011, 04:39 PM
I also love a good thunder and lightening storm ... not so much the inevitable powercuts in our area as a result, though.

I love driving home after midnight on roads that are practically empty, especially on a mild summer's night, and just enjoying the feeling of having the road all to myself in the middle of the night. :)

Mike70
14-Sep-2011, 04:51 PM
I love driving home after midnight on roads that are practically empty, especially on a mild summer's night, and just enjoying the feeling of having the road all to myself in the middle of the night. :)

that's a great one too. i used to love traveling by night on the interstates back when i used to get about the country quite a bit and wander around.

LouCipherr
15-Sep-2011, 02:31 PM
I also love a good thunder and lightening storm

^^ This.

I love driving home after midnight on roads that are practically empty, especially on a mild summer's night, and just enjoying the feeling of having the road all to myself in the middle of the night.

^^ This.

I love having a good fire while its snowing out.

^^ and this.

...and my wife. :D

clanglee
15-Sep-2011, 08:38 PM
I love the first feel of a cool Autumn breeze on my skin after a hot summer.
I love Chips Ahoy Cookies and milk.
I love being able to sleep until I don't want to anymore.
I love my family.
I love making my daughter laugh. . . .it's that laugh that I live for.

bassman
16-Sep-2011, 12:30 PM
I love Fridays. :thumbsup:

LouCipherr
16-Sep-2011, 02:39 PM
I love Fridays. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I'll second this. :D

AcesandEights
16-Sep-2011, 07:06 PM
I love the stars in a sky unburdened by city lights, leaving the milkyway ablaze over a peaceful mountain lake!

MinionZombie
17-Sep-2011, 10:26 AM
I love the stars in a sky unburdened by city lights, leaving the milkyway ablaze over a peaceful mountain lake!

I know what you mean. When I was at uni and living in a city, I really missed seeing the stars up in the sky - all you could see was black and then the orange glow of the nearby city, which just looks kind of naff and sickly. However I live in a rural area so there's no problem seeing stars on a clear night, and it always boggles my mind when I look up at them ... that sort of view, in the context of the mountain lake, must be wonderful.

Speaking of such things, I'd really quite like to see the Northern Lights one day ... that must be quite a sight.

LouCipherr
19-Sep-2011, 02:36 PM
I love being in the mountains. There's just something about it. The wife and I spent a week in western North carolina (near Boone, Blowing Rock and Asheville, right around those areas) and it was just wonderful. The air smelled cleaner, the views were spectacular, and the people were so nice.. I also now understand why the call them the "Blue Ridge Mountains" because, well, here's a picture I took on the Blue Ridge Parkway that will make it clear:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/LouCipherr/BlueRidgeMountains.jpg

I'd retire there in a heartbeat. Who knows, maybe I will. :D

krakenslayer
20-Sep-2011, 10:49 PM
I love lying in the grass on a clear spring night, looking up into the stars and feeling consumed by the scale of it all.

EvilNed
20-Sep-2011, 11:07 PM
I love lamp.

shootemindehead
21-Sep-2011, 07:48 AM
Beer, Pizza.

But, not necessarily in that order.

krakenslayer
21-Sep-2011, 12:09 PM
I love having a good shite.

MinionZombie
21-Sep-2011, 04:23 PM
I love having a good shite.

:lol::lol::lol:

Gotta agree, mind.

MissJacksonCA
17-Nov-2011, 03:48 PM
I love selling people on something... for example... this neighbor of mine who's 28 and totally sheltered... I love that I sold her on watching the Walking Dead because its a lovestory (she needs to stop watching Twilight its never gonna happen for her)

I love the smell of the ocean in the air (not that ocean smell where raw sewage leaked into the habor but like in Big Sur which is relatively undeveloped there's just this fresh salty clean smell its invigorating I feel like it gives me an extra year to live for every hour I breathe it in)

I love when I find out someone really knows me... like I try to play it cold and on the edge with everyone because my life is nothing short of hectic and out there but then you find someone says something to you or gives you something and you realize you somehow in the mix of it all let them get to know some deeper part and they cared enough to not only go there but to show you that... thats love baby

I love the sound Loons make and the way it echoes over the water... and the sound of the waves from the lake as they crash and break against the dock...

I love the sounds of the mast and the ropes clanging against the boom of sailboats...

I love when its cold out and its late at night and the sheets and towels are hot and fresh from the dryer so you go to bed all warm and cozy...

I love when you're in the car and tired of hearing MP3's and turn on the radio and there's something so random from 10+ years ago and you're like damn I miss the 90s... it takes you back and you remember memories of where you heard the song, what you wore back then, and who your friends were... its like a random time cap. thats released