PDA

View Full Version : Clint Eastwood is awesome, and here's one more reason why:

LouCipherr
15-Sep-2011, 03:22 PM
Source: Clint Eastwood: "I don't give a fuck if gays marry" (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/09/14/clint-eastwood-i-dont-give-a-fck-if-gays-marry/#.TnEKtQk68T4.facebook)

Text form the source:

Don't expect to see him marching in a Pride parade anytime soon, but gays may have found an unexpected ally in Oscar-winning director Clint Eastwood.

In the October issue of GQ magazine, Eastwood said that Republicans were making a big mistake by opposing same sex marriage.

"These people who are making a big deal out of gay marriage?" Eastwood opined. "I don't give a fuck about who wants to get married to anybody else! Why not?! We're making a big deal out of things we shouldn't be making a deal out of."

"They go on and on with all this bullshit about 'sanctity' -- don't give me that sanctity crap! Just give everybody the chance to have the life they want."

Although he is a registered Republican, Eastwood doesn't consider himself a conservative. He has supported California's former Democratic Gov. Gray Davis and Democratic Rep. Sam Farr.

"I was an Eisenhower Republican when I started out at 21, because he promised to get us out of the Korean War," he told GQ. "And over the years, I realized there was a Republican philosophy that I liked. And then they lost it. And libertarians had more of it. Because what I really believe is, let's spend a little more time leaving everybody alone."

Y'know what I say to that? "Right turn, Clyde!" :D

bassman
15-Sep-2011, 03:55 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr4pomvFgx1qiuhxyo1_500.gif

Agreed.

MinionZombie
15-Sep-2011, 04:46 PM
Because what I really believe is, let's spend a little more time leaving everybody alone.

We could use more of that in the UK - we're starting to get a bit more of that, but with such an entrenched sense of state meddling that built up over years and years, it's hard to shift. There's so much palava and fuss and faffing about ... too much nosing over things that aren't even necessary to be nosed into, and then tragically so many things that desperately need to be dug into (like the case of Baby P) and stopped, are allowed to continue until they become a horrific headline.

Mike70
15-Sep-2011, 05:04 PM
yes, i agree with the clint about the word "sanctity." it and the word marriage should never be used together. it is damn humorous to me that we consider marriage "sanctified" when it can be performed by a fat man in an elvis suit at a drive-through in vegas.

there is nothing in this world that is either sacred or sanctified. but that is a story for another thread.

Danny
15-Sep-2011, 05:27 PM
Aye, when a man and a woman can marry for benefit fraud or dodging immigration laws but theres no actual emotion between them at all but two gay people in love cant the word sanctity in relation to marriage is a joke.

JDFP
15-Sep-2011, 05:41 PM
The word "sanctity" is a farce when it comes to state sanctioned marriage, I agree. The State really has no right or business in being in the marriage business at all. Let them change it all to civil unions/partnerships for all it matters, it's not really "marriage" as it's just a piece of paper dictated by the state.

I agree 100% with Ron Paul on this issue (as I do with 95% of eveything else I've heard that great and wise man say), the State has no business in marriage at all.

j.p.

LouCipherr
15-Sep-2011, 06:40 PM
yes, i agree with the clint about the word "sanctity." it and the word marriage should never be used together. it is damn humorous to me that we consider marriage "sanctified" when it can be performed by a fat man in an elvis suit at a drive-through in vegas.

I could not agree more.

I agree 100% with Ron Paul on this issue (as I do with 95% of eveything else I've heard that great and wise man say), the State has no business in marriage at all.

I'm right there with ya, both with the state having no business in marriage at all, as well as agreeing with Ron Paul. He seems to be the only one with any sense left in the US government. :thumbsup:

blind2d
15-Sep-2011, 11:10 PM
Agreed with JD on this one.

bassman
20-Sep-2011, 01:13 PM
Now that I think about it.....it's funny that Eastwood kinda spoke out on gay rights considering he's just made a movie based on J. Edgar Hoover. As i'm sure most people know, he was one of the most powerful men in the world who was later plagued with controversy over his homosexual love life. Looks like a good film, actually. Eastwood is one of few directors that have continued to pump out fantastic films into their twilight years.

e0pidIk0rl4

Neil
20-Sep-2011, 02:39 PM
We could use more of that in the UK - we're starting to get a bit more of that, but with such an entrenched sense of state meddling that built up over years and years, it's hard to shift. There's so much palava and fuss and faffing about ... too much nosing over things that aren't even necessary to be nosed into, and then tragically so many things that desperately need to be dug into (like the case of Baby P) and stopped, are allowed to continue until they become a horrific headline.

Even the current government is hell bent on rewarding marriage as if that will solve all of societies issues. So people like me, who don't believe in marriage at all, get financially punished? How is that fair in a modern society?

-- -------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Now that I think about it.....it's funny that Eastwood kinda spoke out on gay rights considering he's just made a movie based on J. Edgar Hoover. As i'm sure most people know, he was one of the most powerful men in the world who was later plagued with controversy over his homosexual love life. Looks like a good film, actually. Eastwood is one of few directors that have continued to pump out fantastic films into their twilight years.
Looking forward to this flick!

zombieking
21-Sep-2011, 12:33 PM
me too.

SymphonicX
21-Sep-2011, 12:56 PM
I love Clint. I did a special on him once, he didn't seem like a bad guy at all. Very seasoned actor and film maker who values his cast and crew very much.

I always had him pegged as another Charlton Heston...ie; complete fuckin' tool, but actually he's a really intelligent, forward thinking man who's made some cracking films such as Gran Torino. Really awesome actor and all round hollywood royalty.

Neil
21-Sep-2011, 01:09 PM
I love Clint. I did a special on him once, he didn't seem like a bad guy at all. Very seasoned actor and film maker who values his cast and crew very much.

I always had him pegged as another Charlton Heston...ie; complete fuckin' tool, but actually he's a really intelligent, forward thinking man who's made some cracking films such as Gran Torino. Really awesome actor and all round hollywood royalty.

I always though Heston came across OK?

MinionZombie
21-Sep-2011, 04:27 PM
I always though Heston came across OK?

And Eastwood isn't without some apparent skeletons in his closet, but who knows what is truth and what is heresay and what is half-truth etc...