PDA

View Full Version : Lets sort this out once and for all...part II

Philly_SWAT
26-Jun-2006, 04:12 PM
In a previous poll, MinionZombie, a much respected HPOTD member, and all around great guy, posed a poll question to ...
Anyway, it's simple. Let's leave this up and see what's what. Although it'll never be a true, complete representation, it'll give a better idea of what we're feeling here - and whichever side gains more, no chuffing anybody...otherwise the issue will never f*cking die already!

This poll only had three choices.
1) I personally LIKE the film.
2) It's not great but it's not bad either.
3) I personally DISLIKE the film.

This has been an incredibly popular post, with well over 100 replies so far, and almost as many votes. I think that the poll did not offer enough true options, not enough to give good insight into the question. Therefore, in an effort to help gain a "more true, more complete represenation" ( and also to help make sure that the issue will never f*cking die already :) ) I wanted to post a new poll with a couple of more options, and see what the result of that may be.

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2006, 06:13 PM
I voted for the "not in the same class" one simply because Land is the new kid on the block and the others are long established classics that I'd seen time and again before Land came along. It's a feeling that isn't just bound to GAR's zombie outings, that's how it often feels when there's a big break and then the new kid on the block rocks up to add to the shrine.

Also, my poll was awesome, it was a simple, black n white choice to sort it out without a bunch of umming and arring, now you've gone and ruined all my hard work! :eek: Damn youze...

bassman
26-Jun-2006, 06:18 PM
This just seems like you're clawing at a chance for the haters to win:p

I chose "as good as the original". I agree with what MZ stated....but I can honestly watch the film and enjoy it as equally as I can the original three. It may be a different film with a different feel.....but the entertainment value is still the same.

Tough choice, really. I liked the straight-up poll better. This has too many grey areas...

erisi236
26-Jun-2006, 07:54 PM
where's the "OMFG LAND SuCkz0z teh BIG ONE111!!!1" option? :D

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2006, 09:40 PM
Bassman - glad you see it from my POV, a nice clear and simple poll to see - in black and white terms - who thought what about the movie. Ah well, "Let's sort this once and for all" (the original) will always be much better than the sequel. :D

I can't remember what Philly's view on Land was, but yeah, it smells a bit of "hate camp desperation". Give it up already people, it's been sorted long ago. :cool:

Philly_SWAT
26-Jun-2006, 10:20 PM
a nice clear and simple poll to see - in black and white terms - who thought what about the movie.Things in life are seldom simple and strictly able to be seen as either black or white. If a poll came out that gave two choices..

1) Would you rather be killed by a gunshot
2) Would you rather be killed by a machette to the head

and the gunshot received twice as many votes, it would show that among those surveyed, they would prefer to be shot rather than knifed. But the same voters, given a third option of

3) I would rather not be killed at all

might provide a different insight to the feelings of the voters. Which poll is more "black and white" would still be open to intrepretation, but would provide "different" insight, maybe more clear, maybe less.

Give it up already people, it's been sorted long ago.
A free-spirited debate should always be embraced by people with a quest for knowledge. To close a subject to debate under the presumption of "there is only one correct answer" is to do a disservice to all.

I can't remember what Philly's view on Land was, but yeah, it smells a bit of "hate camp desperation". For the record, in the original poll, I voted in the middle, and in this poll, I voted for the second option.

MinionZombie
27-Jun-2006, 10:10 AM
I think "do you like or dislike Land" is a quite a bit different from "gunshot or machete" ... and this is a web forum, talking about a movie ... not exactly real life. :D

Sorting it out is a simple decision, like or dislike or in between, nice and simple ... I think we need that dead horse gif here people...:p

DjfunkmasterG
29-Jun-2006, 11:35 AM
No Offense, but...

No matter how many polls we put up on this subject most of us will come to the same conclusion. Land of the Dead still sucks. :p

MinionZombie
29-Jun-2006, 04:41 PM
MZ's Awesome Land of the Dead Poll (the first one) was the best and definitive answer to the almight question, pure evidence that more people liked Land than disliked it ... I could abuse my power and shut off this thread but I won't, cos I have morals - see, surely that makes me more like Riley than fuggin' Cholo. :D

Arcades057
07-Jul-2006, 02:10 AM
I like this poll better than the first. It's just like you said, Philly, there wasn't much choice. Here there's degrees of like or dislike. I went with the 4th option. It had its moments, but overall there was nothing like Dawn or Night or even Day to draw me in. There was no buildup of tension like in Dawn; there was no surprise or horror like in Night; there were no zombies that really looked like a decaying human being like in Day. Tell you what, grey makeup and shuffling walks will beat our animatrics and CGI for me any day.

I've tried my hardest to find a zombie in Land that was actually scary, like Dr. Tongue or the Granny or the football kid from Day, or the airstrip flannel-shirt zombie from Dawn, or Uncle Rege or any of the other zombies from Night '90 (some of the scariest zombies I've ever seen). Land was about the zombies, but I'm hard pressed to find one that was memorable for being scary, or even gross.

AcesandEights
07-Jul-2006, 02:34 AM
I went for the second option, as it's hard to compete with classics that are so entrenched in the genre.

DjfunkmasterG
07-Jul-2006, 11:31 AM
Just wachted Land again to get a frsh perspective... yeah, it sucked

Zombies, Simon Pegg, Dennis Hopper, and even the great GAR couldn't have saved this from becoming a new generation piece of crap that is somehow hailed as "progress"

...i guess i'm out of the fanboy club, huh?

You can join me in oblivion... I was booted from the group when I said DAWN 04 was a better film! :D

Guess what... I was booted and DAWN 04 is still a better film! :p

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 05:14 AM

:lol: :lol:

That's definitely the one i would have chosen. lol

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2007, 10:49 AM
My original poll was better. :D

A simple cut and dry - like it or not? Boshty, sorted, no fannying around. :sneaky:

DjfunkmasterG
26-Jun-2007, 11:54 AM

:lol: :lol:

That's definitely the one i would have chosen. lol

I want to change my vote to that option.

bassman
26-Jun-2007, 12:19 PM
:lol:

I had forgotten about this thread. But after reading Dj's post stating that more people will always dislike "Land", I can't help but laugh after looking at the results.

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 07:20 PM
:lol:

I had forgotten about this thread. But after reading Dj's post stating that more people will always dislike "Land", I can't help but laugh after looking at the results.

Yeah i had to dig deep in the archives for this one. I must have missed this one back in the day. I don't usually venture into this forum because i don't like the movie very much but it's been slow. It's funny how predictions look in hindsight.