PDA

View Full Version : yet another vicious incident involving pit bulls...

Mike70
25-Sep-2011, 04:43 AM
i really grow sick of the attacks on people by this breed of dog (a lot of them on children and a lot of them fatal) and am even more sickened by the assholes that defend this disgusting animal.

the pit bull should be banned throughout the united states and every single one of them euthanized.

seems like every other day there is a story about someone getting shredded by one of these things.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/29286047/detail.html

Mr. Clean
25-Sep-2011, 05:51 AM
I believe they shouldn't be treated as a family dog. Killing all of them just because of breed behavior is uncalled for though. Alot of unresponsible people get them for pets which is why they are involved in alot of incidents. Probably should have some sort of permit to have one as a pet.

shootemindehead
25-Sep-2011, 01:30 PM
My cousin owns a pitbull cross and she's a gentle as a lamb, he found her as a stray and kept her and shes a great companion. But, in general, I hate the breed. They're usually owned by fuckin idiots, who see them as an extention of their own "coolness". Anything like a pitbull, Stafordshire or mastiff I would own at all.

Give me a nice Labrador or Alsatian any day.

MikePizzoff
25-Sep-2011, 02:20 PM
A friend of mine has a pitbull. She's been super loving every time I've been around her, however she has sent both my friend AND his father to hospital, on two different occasions, both due to biting their face. They're a pretty fucking scary and unpredictable breed.

bassman
25-Sep-2011, 02:42 PM
As Mr Clean mentioned, I think it's all down to the owner. A responsible owner can have a perfectly gentle and pleasant pitbull, but in the wrong hands it can also be a killing machine. There's actually one county here in Georgia where you have a permit to own one. Regular check ups on the dogs condition, that kind of thing.

Not to mention the douchebags that actually train them for dog fights...

EvilNed
25-Sep-2011, 02:46 PM
^ Exactly. I don't know how many times I've heard people say "Oh, but my dog would never do that". Yeah, well if no dog ever does that, then why does shit like this still happen? I don't like aggressive dogs. I wouldn't mind them being banned at all, actually but truth be told it's not really a subject matter I'm too well versed in.

But still, get rid of the attack dogs. Why the fuck would you want one of those anyway? And if the answer is "To protect my family." then that's a good enough reason for me to have them banned. If the ONLY reason you're having an aggressive dog is to have them be aggressive, then that's a not good enough.

MikePizzoff
25-Sep-2011, 03:22 PM
I forgot to mention, pitbulls are illegal to own in Philadelphia.

blind2d
25-Sep-2011, 03:29 PM
Wow, Philly just keeps getting cooler...
But seriously, I don't know much about this stuff, but yeah... Me no likey les chiens agressifs.