PDA

View Full Version : Worst death in zombie films?

acealive1
31-Oct-2011, 11:22 PM
even though i didnt like the whole movie, i'll have to go with survival of the dead.

being scalped in a barn by a dead guy is no fun.

blind2d
01-Nov-2011, 02:21 AM
I'm not sure what the question is exactly... Could you please rephrase it?

acealive1
01-Nov-2011, 03:44 AM
worst death in a zombie film. what is your choice of one.

Ragnarr
01-Nov-2011, 05:13 AM
Wow, tough question. First thing that pops into my mind is Captain Rhodes being pulled apart in Day of the Dead. Then again, Stephen being munched in Dawn of the Dead was kind of nasty too. If including TWD as a zombie "film" (although technically it's a series), then Otis being ripped apart would rate also.

Admin - We havnt all seen episode 3 yet. Please be very aware of this when posting spoilers.

Darksider18
01-Nov-2011, 10:46 AM
Depends on what u mean by worst. Being the crappiest death scene in my opinion was Dianne from Shaun Of The Dead. She ran into a horde of zombies with no general common sense about what would happen.

bassman
01-Nov-2011, 11:45 AM
Rhodes. Shot multiple times AND torn to pieces by zombies. After that would probably be Roger. Two bites and a long, agonizing road to death.

blind2d
01-Nov-2011, 02:06 PM
Diane didn't die, though. We didn't see her die, doesn't count. Um, I'd have to say... that one guy in Day with the vocal cords... You know who I mean. Yeah.

Ragnarr
01-Nov-2011, 02:44 PM
Diane didn't die, though. We didn't see her die, doesn't count. Um, I'd have to say... that one guy in Day with the vocal cords... You know who I mean. Yeah.

Yeah, I think that was Pvt. Rickles? He was screaming as they pulled his head off; his vocal cords were stretched like tightening guitar strings further and further. Um, eww.

shootemindehead
01-Nov-2011, 06:51 PM
Rickles in 'Day of the Dead'.

Bloody chilling.

Thorn
01-Nov-2011, 08:30 PM
There are so many horrible deaths.

I think being torn apart after being shot is pretty horrible but Rhodes is true to himself, a bastard to the end it does not seem to phase him after fighting until the last he still gets in the last word.

I think knowing it is coming is terrible. How about Michael in the dead remake sitting on the dock not able to go with the survivors just waiting to die, or for the fire to die down and be over run, or kill yourself. Wanting desperately to go with the woman you have fallen for after fighting through everything, losing your kid, and then just to watch all hope sail away while you wait to die THIS close to what you think is safety.

Roger in Dawn was pretty bad too, but he had snapped and lost it and then was out of his mind with fever so I don't think he ever really knew the terror.

Helen in Night was bad, they still had no idea what was going on. Didn't know the rules fully or what was at stake. Her daughter came back to life and stabbed her with a spade and then ate her and as a mother she was so conflicted about self preservation or destroying what she viewed as her child she allowed herself to be killed by what was once the child she cared for so deeply.

Mike70
01-Nov-2011, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I think that was Pvt. Rickles? He was screaming as they pulled his head off; his vocal cords were stretched like tightening guitar strings further and further. Um, eww.

fuckin' get out of my head, both you and shootem' - out now. i was just about to wax poetic about rickles' bone-chilling, horrid death, but you've both fucked it up for me. :lol:

-- -------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Helen in Night was bad, they still had no idea what was going on. Didn't know the rules fully or what was at stake. Her daughter came back to life and stabbed her with a spade and then ate her and as a mother she was so conflicted about self preservation or destroying what she viewed as her child she allowed herself to be killed by what was once the child she cared for so deeply.

i'm with you on this one too. helen's death in night 68 is creepy as fook. one of the more intense moments in the film.

-- -------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Diane didn't die, though. We didn't see her die, doesn't count.

in fact, i think that somewhere in the special features there is a "what happened to dianne" segment, where she is shown up a tree holding off a horde of zombies with someone's leg (or was it arm?). someone give me some back-up on this one.

acealive1
01-Nov-2011, 09:52 PM
Depends on what u mean by worst. Being the crappiest death scene in my opinion was Dianne from Shaun Of The Dead. She ran into a horde of zombies with no general common sense about what would happen.

on the dvd they explain what happened to her. she beat the zombies with david's leg and climbed a tree and ate his leg while waiting out the zombie outbreak

Yojimbo
01-Nov-2011, 11:43 PM
I always felt real bad for Barbara at the end of night getting pulled into the crowd of ghouls by Johnny while she shouts "No, Johnny!!!" while you see Ben consider for a moment to try to save her, but theres nothing he can do.

Not an onscreen death per se (although you would assume she died in the crowd) but no matter how many times I have seen NOTLD in the past this still makes my skin crawl.

But in Zombi 2, the Fulci film that pretended to be a euro sequel to Zombi aka "DAWN OF THE DEAD" there was that scene where the woman her face pulled towards that wooden splinter that goes into her eye. A little fake looking to be sure, but freaking gruesome!

paranoid101
02-Nov-2011, 02:18 AM
Patrick (Andy Nyman) in Dead Set, a rip off Rhodes death in Day of the Dead but quite a bit more gorier.

Ragnarr
02-Nov-2011, 05:01 AM
But in Zombi 2, the Fulci film that pretended to be a euro sequel to Zombi aka "DAWN OF THE DEAD" there was that scene where the woman her face pulled towards that wooden splinter that goes into her eye. A little fake looking to be sure, but freaking gruesome!

Dammit Yojimbo! Why did you make me remember that scene! I apparently (and for years thankfully) forgot about it until your post! [insert "BIG NO" here]

@Mike70: dude that was a great post! :)

JDFP
02-Nov-2011, 05:08 AM
I'm going to have to agree with my peer Yojmbo here who mentioned the scene in Fulci's "Zombi 2" where the chick who had her eye punctured in the splinter.

Lucio Fulci had a fetish for eyes for some reason. I guess if Roman Polanski directed a zombie movie it would probably involve school girls in a similar situation (I am so going to Hell for stating that).

Dario Argento would have probably done the same but put it to 80's music instead with a zombie wearing a black glove.

j.p.

Thorn
02-Nov-2011, 06:08 PM
Barbara's death was a tough one too, I left that off great call there.. she died at the hands of her brother still trying to reason with him. Simple minded and helpless pulled into the crowd.

Yeah rough.

EvilNed
02-Nov-2011, 07:41 PM
Easily the mother in Burial Grounds. Eaten to death by her zombie midget son.

Zombie Snack
04-Nov-2011, 12:23 AM
worst death....hmmm how about Ben in the original NOTLD...Survived everything only to be shot while peeking out a window.

Ghost Of War
04-Nov-2011, 09:30 AM
I've always "liked" the throat bite in Zombi 2, she can't scream, just gurgles while she bleeds to death. Nasty. But the one that tops them all for me is Rickles, that's just horrible.

fulci fan
08-Nov-2011, 11:33 PM
Olga Karlatos getting her eyeball punctured by the wood in Zombi 2. I also like when she is later discovered by the main characters in Dr. Meynard's cottage. And Auretta Gay getting her throat bit by Ottaviano Dell'Acqua.

krakenslayer
09-Nov-2011, 10:21 AM
Supposedly there is a scene in the "lost" zombie movie Dead End (1985) wher
e a zombie newborn baby forces its way back into the womb. That's gotta hurt, right? :lol:

Brubaker
22-Nov-2011, 02:32 AM
Many of the lower class/poor people in the Fiddler's Green streets from Land of the Dead died horrible deaths, even though those were the ones that people like Riley, Charlie, Mulligan and even Cholo (to a small degree) had sympathy for. Furthermore, the end of the movie is supposed to represent some sort of victory for the downtrodden living in the Green and it depicts the zombies as innocent bystanders just trying to get where they need to go, even though most of the downtrodden folk get eaten alive.