PDA

View Full Version : favorite zombie killing tools... yes i went there!

botc
03-Nov-2011, 03:09 AM
first and foremost i will not claim to be a super genious... but i dont like capitalization and proper puncuation and i ocassionally will spell something wrong. so keep your comments about my use of grammar to yourself please so that we dont have a flame war.

ok on to the good stuff... i want to hear your builds of tools used to dispatch the undead. anthing is open to discussion even an armored robotic horse with butt lasers!

me personally i would standardize all my ammo and guns. for me i picked the calibers 22lr, 22mag, 357mag, 38 spl, 12 gauge, 45 colt, 410 shotshell, and 9mm. i also am going to base all my weapons on my list of things to buy...

first will be a ruger blackhawk single action revolver in 357/ 38 which also has a cylinder for 9mm, i have a single action revolver for 22lr/ 22mag as well, 9mm ruger p95 automatic, heritage rough rider 45 colt/ 410 shotshell revolver in single action, my mares leg single shot 12 gauge (do ask), maverick 88 12 gauge 8 round cap, marlin bolt action 22lr, 22lr derringer, and i might throw an sks in 762x 39 for good measure. all of these firearms i either own or will own.

melee you say... tomohawks, machetes, knives, etc. i have a crap ton of blunt or bladed weapons so no reason to list them.

i standardized my ammo because they are claibers that easily found throughout my area.

and oh does a tomohawk make quick work of watermelons and pumpkins.

whats your favorite tool to dispatch the undead? lets hear your builds and maybe even some tactics you would use. realism isnt a factor in this discussion so have fun!:elol:

Ragnarr
03-Nov-2011, 03:52 AM
first and foremost i will not claim to be a super genious... but i dont like capitalization and proper puncuation and i ocassionally will spell something wrong. so keep your comments about my use of grammar to yourself please so that we dont have a flame war.

ok on to the good stuff... i want to hear your builds of tools used to dispatch the undead. anthing is open to discussion even an armored robotic horse with butt lasers!

me personally i would standardize all my ammo and guns. for me i picked the calibers 22lr, 22mag, 357mag, 38 spl, 12 gauge, 45 colt, 410 shotshell, and 9mm. i also am going to base all my weapons on my list of things to buy...

first will be a ruger blackhawk single action revolver in 357/ 38 which also has a cylinder for 9mm, i have a single action revolver for 22lr/ 22mag as well, 9mm ruger p95 automatic, heritage rough rider 45 colt/ 410 shotshell revolver in single action, my mares leg single shot 12 gauge (do ask), maverick 88 12 gauge 8 round cap, marlin bolt action 22lr, 22lr derringer, and i might throw an sks in 762x 39 for good measure. all of these firearms i either own or will own.

melee you say... tomohawks, machetes, knives, etc. i have a crap ton of blunt or bladed weapons so no reason to list them.

i standardized my ammo because they are claibers that easily found throughout my area.

and oh does a tomohawk make quick work of watermelons and pumpkins.

whats your favorite tool to dispatch the undead? lets hear your builds and maybe even some tactics you would use. realism isnt a factor in this discussion so have fun!:elol:

While I'm the type of guy who would choose the armored robotic horse with butt-lasers first, the practical side of me would go with a baseball bat, or perhaps a buckler and carpentry hammer. As far as firearms, I think THE most common type of weapon (and therefore the most common type of ammo) would be 12ga shotguns and .22cal pistols or rifles. Police here seem to favor 9mm weapons, so they and their ammo could be easier to find during the zombie apocalypse than some of the other firearms/ammunitions you listed.

Not to be concerned about grammar or punctuation. No one here is grading a zombie college term paper or anything. :)

lol "Undead University" ----> "UU"

botc
03-Nov-2011, 04:18 AM
true and good point. but you have to remember that you can always pick up weapons off of corpses if need be. police around here use 40 cal and there isnt a wally world or meijer you go to that dosnt have ak ammo or that of the sks which is the same! but id prefer to have a suit of nano infused power armor with chest lasers and a pew pew from fallout that would be nice!

Ragnarr
03-Nov-2011, 05:56 PM
true and good point. but you have to remember that you can always pick up weapons off of corpses if need be. police around here use 40 cal and there isnt a wally world or meijer you go to that dosnt have ak ammo or that of the sks which is the same! but id prefer to have a suit of nano infused power armor with chest lasers and a pew pew from fallout that would be nice!

Dang! Yall got some wild weapons over there across the pond. The only thing close to "pew pew" state side is the smell of our drunken bums staggering about the streets and alleyways. P.U.!

If we're discussing weaponry in a video game setting, then I give my two thumbs up to horse butt-lasers, nano infused power armor, rocket boots, crotch-seeking smart missiles, crawling robotic grenades, and giant fly swatters to wipe the zeds off of the gaming grid. If instead we're discussing potential weaponry and defenses for a hypothetical NotLD or TWD type of zombie apocalypse, then I say keep the weaponry, ammunition and tactics as simple as possible.

AcesandEights
03-Nov-2011, 06:53 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_e_5s45bol54/TPXgmSanbbI/AAAAAAAAADY/xzpmDrFvSoU/s1600/dora.jpg

bassman
03-Nov-2011, 07:04 PM
A Swingline Stapler.

It can dispatch a fictional and impossible foe as well as anything else....

Ragnarr
03-Nov-2011, 07:20 PM
No no no Aces! That would change the name of the flick to "Not Much Left but Ashes of the Dead". Either that or "Deafening of the Living"

botc
04-Nov-2011, 12:48 AM
yeah im from ohio i need to change the country thing... and how would the robotic grenades work?

Ragnarr
04-Nov-2011, 04:08 AM
yeah im from ohio i need to change the country thing... and how would the robotic grenades work?

Ahh, one of my best theoretical attack devices for special forces! In a nutshell, it's an automated frag grenade with robotic spider legs and IR motion detonation sensors! Have a dozen or so of THOSE scramble into a building where the bad guys are hiding...

BOOM BABY, BOOM!!! :)

Brubaker
22-Nov-2011, 02:36 AM
Your basic handgun. No interest in using blades that could either break or get stuck in a zombie's head. Same with a baseball bat. Not going to help you much if it cracks/breaks. Being able to shoot from a reasonable distance and actually stop a zombie is much more desirable than having to do what amounts to hand to hand combat while hoping your 4th or 5th strike eventually destroys the brain.

Ragnarr
23-Nov-2011, 12:19 AM
Your basic handgun. No interest in using blades that could either break or get stuck in a zombie's head. Same with a baseball bat. Not going to help you much if it cracks/breaks. Being able to shoot from a reasonable distance and actually stop a zombie is much more desirable than having to do what amounts to hand to hand combat while hoping your 4th or 5th strike eventually destroys the brain.

True. But running out of bullets would suck too, and they WOULD run out at some point y'know. Perhaps a mixture of bat and gun might serve, at least for awhile.

botc
23-Nov-2011, 04:40 AM
gun blade in final fantasy. blade and gun! hahahahaha

Ragnarr
23-Nov-2011, 05:04 PM
gun blade in final fantasy. blade and gun! hahahahaha

Perhaps, as long as one can find enough mousse for the wild hairdo. :sneaky:

Mike70
23-Nov-2011, 05:18 PM
.. but i dont like capitalization

you trying to hone in on my style there, fellow ohioan? i almost never use caps either unless it's an acronym. like you, i could care less what anyone thinks about it either. i'd like to eliminate capital letters from the english language altogether.

-- -------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_e_5s45bol54/TPXgmSanbbI/AAAAAAAAADY/xzpmDrFvSoU/s1600/dora.jpg

i'll see your supergun and raise you a particle cannon:

http://orbitalvector.com/Space Weapons/Particle Beam Weapons/ion_cannon_firing-commandnconquer.jpeg

Eyebiter
23-Nov-2011, 09:53 PM
Favorite Zombie Killing Tool?

Wooley

http://cdn.okcimg.com/php/load_okc_image.php/images/0x0/0x0/0/14447634932280850804.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_. png

http://www.best-horror-movies.com/image-files/dawn-of-the-dead-head-explosion.jpg