PDA

View Full Version : Morbid Curiosity: Ask a Mortician

Thorn
04-Nov-2011, 06:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTCg6PGaOkM&f

MinionZombie
04-Nov-2011, 07:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTCg6PGaOkM&f

Interesting video - I think they can improve the style and punchiness of the videos in time as they make more, but the central premise is a really good on.

The bit about rigor mortis was interesting - particularly the part about when it eases up, that's because the muscles have decayed enough to allow for that 'secondary flacidity' ... so in other words, zombie still shouldn't be able to run! :p;)

Thorn
04-Nov-2011, 08:04 PM
First thing I thought as well, and I watched it to learn more about the topic because we have debated it around here so much, while some have had great opinions it is cool to hear it right from a mortician's mouth ;)

Also agree on them improving it, I think they will get there, it was fairly clever just needs to be cleaned up a bit and refined.

Ragnarr
05-Nov-2011, 06:22 AM
First thing I thought as well, and I watched it to learn more about the topic because we have debated it around here so much, while some have had great opinions it is cool to hear it right from a mortician's mouth ;)

Also agree on them improving it, I think they will get there, it was fairly clever just needs to be cleaned up a bit and refined.

I find the woman attractive in a creepy sort of way for some reason, but overall it was an informative short. It sure helps me to better understand the lack of movement of my co-workers. ;)

rongravy
06-Nov-2011, 02:16 AM
I find the woman attractive in a creepy sort of way for some reason...
Me too, but I don't find her creepy at all. She actually seems like a pretty cool broad to hang out with.
Ha, who knows? Maybe I'm creepier than her, that could be why I think she seems normal...
I'd like to see more videos.

Andy
06-Nov-2011, 12:06 PM
Interesting video - I think they can improve the style and punchiness of the videos in time as they make more, but the central premise is a really good on.

The bit about rigor mortis was interesting - particularly the part about when it eases up, that's because the muscles have decayed enough to allow for that 'secondary flacidity' ... so in other words, zombie still shouldn't be able to run! :p;)

Assuming that whatever process creates a zombie dosnt stop rigor mortis/secondary flacidity all together :p

Thorn
07-Nov-2011, 01:47 PM
Assuming that whatever process creates a zombie dosnt stop rigor mortis/secondary flacidity all together :p

I think that is the big question, you have to answer that question before we can say. I think we have debated that before. Andy correct me if I am wrong there... does whatever reanimates the zombies slow down the decay process as well? I do not think it has ever been answered.