PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else watch 11:11.11 11-11-11 tick by?

Neil
11-Nov-2011, 10:26 AM
I did... But then I'm sad!

Danny
11-Nov-2011, 11:14 AM
Nope, just a time of day. the earths still spinning. only time of note that got my attention was the millennium. even then its an arbitrary number associate with the earths rotation cycle. I've never associated the time with any sort of major significance or mysticism. I get its mildly interesting that the human race achieved a get of temporal doubles, but it was 11:11:11 for another country before us and another after us but it wasn't suddenly special where it was that time zone.

But thats like the folks who predict rapture at a specific time. one mans 6am is anothers 4pm y'know?

MinionZombie
11-Nov-2011, 12:38 PM
I did... But then I'm sad!

Nope - cos I forgot. :p

However I did specifically observe the 2 minute silence at 11am.

bassman
11-Nov-2011, 12:47 PM
Was something supposed to happen? Some crackpot yet again predict the wrong end of days or something?

Neil
11-Nov-2011, 01:19 PM
Nope, just a time of day. the earths still spinning. only time of note that got my attention was the millennium. even then its an arbitrary number associate with the earths rotation cycle. I've never associated the time with any sort of major significance or mysticism. I get its mildly interesting that the human race achieved a get of temporal doubles, but it was 11:11:11 for another country before us and another after us but it wasn't suddenly special where it was that time zone.

But thats like the folks who predict rapture at a specific time. one mans 6am is anothers 4pm y'know?Remembers to tell all Danny's friends and family that Danny's b-dauyis just an arbitrary number :)

rongravy
11-Nov-2011, 02:10 PM
Hasn't happened yet for me. The main number I occasionally keep track of is 4:20...
But I'll try to remember to keep an eye out for this one just for poos and giggles.

Danny
11-Nov-2011, 02:58 PM
Remembers to tell all Danny's friends and family that Danny's b-dauyis just an arbitrary number :)

i dont celebrate my birthday dude, managing to eat and breath for another 365 days aint exactly an achievement.

JDFP
11-Nov-2011, 03:15 PM
Oh, come on... everyone knows that God always works on Eastern Standard Time!

:cool:

j.p.

Mike70
11-Nov-2011, 03:30 PM
Was something supposed to happen? Some crackpot yet again predict the wrong end of days or something?

no. that's when the Great War aka WWI ended. at 11:00 am on 11 Nov 1918.

neil is just fascinated by eleventh hour, eleventh minute, eleventh second of the eleventh month of the eleventh year of this century.

Danny
11-Nov-2011, 04:08 PM

usual end of the world bollocks, the egyptian government actually closed the pyramids because 'some shady group was planning occult activities in there or something.

MinionZombie
11-Nov-2011, 05:36 PM
i dont celebrate my birthday dude, managing to eat and breath for another 365 days aint exactly an achievement.

http://chzderp.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/hurr-durr-derp-face-why-so-serious.jpg

:sneaky:

Danny
11-Nov-2011, 06:06 PM
http://chzderp.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/hurr-durr-derp-face-why-so-serious.jpg

:sneaky:

technically speaking the point is not taking it as seriously as others. 3/10 for misappropriated image. shamefrur dishpray.

MinionZombie
11-Nov-2011, 06:39 PM
technically speaking the point is not taking it as seriously as others. 3/10 for misappropriated image. shamefrur dishpray.

I think you just made the cheeky image doubly-appropriate. :sneaky::p:sneaky:

LouCipherr
11-Nov-2011, 06:40 PM
Nah, wasn't really interested in 11/11/11 or 11:11.11..

33, however, now there is a magic number. Keep an eye out for it - it appears everywhere. :shifty:

MinionZombie
11-Nov-2011, 06:47 PM

Everyone was supposed to get a blowie at that precise moment, but only if they were paying attention at the exact second ... did you not get the mass email & text? Oh well, billions of emails and texts, the odd one's bound to get lost in t'interweb t'ether t'in't'it? :D

Nevermind - next year it's 12:12.12 12-12-12! :cool:

But if you suddenly find yourself looking at 13:13.13 13-13-13, then you're in trouble. :shifty:

-- -------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Nah, wasn't really interested in 11/11/11 or 11:11.11..

33, however, now there is a magic number. Keep an eye out for it - it appears everywhere. :shifty:

What about 69? :sneaky:

http://www.fusedfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Bill-and-Ted-3.jpg

AcesandEights
11-Nov-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm more fascinated by anniversaries than I am synchronous numbers from a dating system with what ends up being an arbitrary start date. So I agree with Mr. Roboto...I mean Danny.

Mike70
17-Nov-2011, 04:34 PM
I'm more fascinated by anniversaries than I am synchronous numbers from a dating system with what ends up being an arbitrary start date.

that ought to make your new wife very proud of you. you'll never forget and always have the perfect gift. right? won't ya??

the pressure's on now.

AcesandEights
17-Nov-2011, 04:51 PM
that ought to make your new wife very proud of you. you'll never forget and always have the perfect gift. right? won't ya??

the pressure's on now.

Tell me about it. My plans to schedule the wedding on the same day as her birthday were duly foiled :|

Danny
17-Nov-2011, 04:52 PM
I'm more fascinated by anniversaries than I am synchronous numbers from a dating system with what ends up being an arbitrary start date. So I agree with Mr. Roboto...I mean Danny.

aye, remember when you got married, when your kids were born or when you got your university degree, things like that are actual things that have life changing events and are worth celebrating.

EvilNed
17-Nov-2011, 08:08 PM
No, I did not. 11-11-11, 11:11:11 is so lame.

Mike70
18-Nov-2011, 12:16 AM
when your kids were born...

that's a big one. 29 dec 2005 will always be the best day of my life. nothing and i mean nothing can top the feeling that hits you when you actually see your first child come into the world. just thinking back to it raises the hair and gives me goosebumps.

LouCipherr
22-Nov-2011, 01:30 PM
What about 69? :sneaky:

http://www.fusedfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Bill-and-Ted-3.jpg

EXCELLENT!!!!! *insert air-guitar riff here*

:D