PDA

View Full Version : Ving Rhames..."Zombie Acopalypse"

Debbieangel
16-Nov-2011, 11:35 PM
Has anyone watched this movie made for SYFY?
I watched it again last night. I would give it atleast a 8 on a rate of 1-10.
I don't want to say too much because of "spoilers"
It is worth a watch. imo

Ragnarr
17-Nov-2011, 12:27 AM
Has anyone watched this movie made for SYFY?
I watched it again last night. I would give it atleast a 8 on a rate of 1-10.
I don't want to say too much because of "spoilers"
It is worth a watch. imo

Yeah, saw the flick a couple of saturdays ago. While it was great to see Ving in action again (I liked Dawn04), the movie overall was SyFy's attempt to pander to the zombie fans I think. Seems most any SyFy production uses the same type or mold of grade B actors; the men MUST be chiseled jaw perfect human specimens and the women MUST be beautiful models. For me, it only helps to take away from any sense of realism when you have a parade of models that are experts in martial arts.

Notice whenever they shot their crossbows, they AWAYS hit the zombie in the forehead no matter how far away the zombie was or how deperate the situation (running away, jumping, etc.). The other thing that bugged me was the woman with the katana. Syfy would have us believe that a katana is no different from a Star Wars lightsaber; each swing of the sword from a spagetti-armed model severs a zombie's head or limb. In the REAL world, only an expert swordsman trained from birth with a REAL katana (made centuries ago and passed down for generations) "might" be able to sever limbs with each and every stroke. Swords get stuck in people due to hitting bone, and also dull quickly for the same reason.

And lastly, not to spoil the ending for those who have not seen the movie yet, the "--------s" that Ving had to fight. Couldn't anyone that was standing there watching afterwards have helped DURING the fight? Nooo, not according to SyFy's brain. Oh, and the "meow b" comment was the worst part of the entire movie in my opinion. :(

Again, it was good to see Ving in action "Vinging" zombies with his mighty hammer!

Sammich
17-Nov-2011, 01:29 AM
It was a decent background noise type zombie movie to have on the t.v. while websurfing or playing games.

What really bothered me about this is how clean and well groomed everyone was. For example, one of them mentions they were on foot for 6 months, yet their gear was spotless and they looked like they were visiting a spa every day after killing zombies. To give you a more accurate idea watch The Road. Viggo and his kid are much closer to what people look like after months of having to scavange for food and survive day to day.