PDA

View Full Version : Uwe Boll's "Zombie Massacre" (film)

Neil
22-Nov-2011, 09:52 AM
If he were directing, then the films tag line, "There is no hope" would be spot on. But he's only producing, so maybe there's some hope yet!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2081438/

Neil
17-May-2012, 09:24 AM
Instant contacts? - Check!
Instant dinosaur roar? - Check!
Instant dental problems? - Check!

Run of the mill daft f***ing stupid zombie flick? - CHECK!

1dPtkmBQGWQ

Andy
17-May-2012, 09:47 AM
You sound suprised?

I wish someone would massacre uwe boll.

3pidemiC
17-May-2012, 10:55 AM
Should be as good as Day of the Dead's proper sequel: Contagion.

krisvds
17-May-2012, 11:22 AM
This is by those two Italians who also did 'Eaters'. If the quality of that effort is anything to go by it's best to stay far far away from this one.
The good old days when 'italian zombie flick' actually stood for something are long past.

Andy
17-May-2012, 11:46 AM
I had to watch it muted becuase im at work so ive maybe missed something but are they even supposed to be zombies? I Know the movie is called 'Zombie Massacre' but still.. they looked more like some kind toxic waste induced mutant and that would make more sense frankly.

Neil
17-May-2012, 12:27 PM
I had to watch it muted becuase im at work so ive maybe missed something but are they even supposed to be zombies? I Know the movie is called 'Zombie Massacre' but still.. they looked more like some kind toxic waste induced mutant and that would make more sense frankly.

I suspect they went with "Zombie Massacre" because "Toxic Waste Induced Mutant Massacre" wouldn't fit on the poster!

Sammich
17-May-2012, 07:30 PM
First there were shamblers. Then there were runners. And now Uwe Boll, the most innovative and influential film makers of our time has created the ultimate terrifying evolution of the undead: the stationary strike a pose zombie! His type of genius only comes around once a generation.

I am going to see this movie because ducks are cool, especially slow motion ducks.

Christopher Jon
18-May-2012, 04:36 AM
Toxic Waste Induced Mutant Massacre
I'd buy that for a dollar.

MoonSylver
18-May-2012, 06:33 PM

"Oh, Bixby!"

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/95606/864177.jpg

:lol:

Andy
18-May-2012, 07:26 PM

That is exactly what those zombies remind me of though..

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/toxicavenger/toxicavenger7.jpg

CJ Markham
18-May-2012, 09:46 PM
If you take in a flick knowing that it's a Uwe Boll outing then you get what you deserve.

Suicycho
19-May-2012, 05:15 AM
I thought his flick Rampage was pretty fun...

krisvds
19-May-2012, 05:33 AM
That is exactly what those zombies remind me of though..

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/toxicavenger/toxicavenger7.jpg

Love that Toxie!

To be fair to Boll he probably has very little to do with this film apart from the financing and distribution. The two directors, Luca Boni and Marco Ristori, had more or less finished 'Eaters' before Boll stepped in to help distribute their film. It tried to channel some Escape from NY and Day of the dead, was technically adequate but nothing more. Horrible script, serious pacing issues, waaayyyy too serious for its own good, and so on. This seems to be more of the same. I hate that overused filter turning everything dark blue/whatever colour you want.
Zombie apocalypse = by far the most difficult genre to get right.

Rumsfeld
21-May-2012, 02:34 PM
Average Uwe Boll Rotten Tomatoes rating: 5-6%.

JonOfTheShred
27-May-2012, 02:12 PM
You can't really expect all that great of a film when they aren't even imaginative enough to come up with a decent title. "Zombie Massacre?" That shit would've flown in the 70's or 80's, but now it just seems dull.

It's disappointing as well, because the budget appears pretty high, according to the trailer. It's too bad they're just cashing in on the hype. Zombies are still a concept ripe for the picking, yet so few seem to try to push the genre forward (The Walking Dead, Shaun of the Dead, the Dead)

Rumsfeld
29-May-2012, 06:41 AM
You can't really expect all that great of a film when they aren't even imaginative enough to come up with a decent title. "Zombie Massacre?" That shit would've flown in the 70's or 80's, but now it just seems dull.

It's disappointing as well, because the budget appears pretty high, according to the trailer. It's too bad they're just cashing in on the hype. Zombies are still a concept ripe for the picking, yet so few seem to try to push the genre forward (The Walking Dead, Shaun of the Dead, the Dead)

Agreed.