PDA

View Full Version : Omnipotent or Omniscient... And a catch.

EvilNed
28-Nov-2011, 10:11 PM
And the catch is that whichever of the ones you pick, everyone else in the world is the other.

AcesandEights
29-Nov-2011, 01:11 PM
I'd probably go for omnipotent in a world (universe?) full of omniscient folk, as the other way around would be horrible. Can you imagine living in a world of godlings who are completely fallible, but you're the only one who is truly all-knowing (I think this is how most people feel when they log on to the internet :p), but you have no power to intervene in their shenanigans...seems like it'd be depressing, as hell.

shootemindehead
29-Nov-2011, 04:04 PM
Hmmmm...if I'm omnipotent, I could just make everybody else so.

Problem solved.

krakenslayer
29-Nov-2011, 05:52 PM
Hmmmm...if I'm omnipotent, I could just make everybody else so.

Problem solved.

Or just remove their omniscience. And to be honest, I'd probably introduce some limits to my own omnipotence otherwise I'd get very bored very quickly.

EvilNed
29-Nov-2011, 06:47 PM
Or at least a mana-bar.

Let's assume, for arguments sake, that the only thing you cannot do as an omnipotent being is "change the rules of the game".

AcesandEights
29-Nov-2011, 06:49 PM
Or at least a mana-bar.

Let's assume, for arguments sake, that the only thing you cannot do as an omnipotent being is "change the rules of the game".

which is, I thought, a pretty basic assumption at the outset.

My answer stands.

krakenslayer
29-Nov-2011, 06:58 PM
Or at least a mana-bar.

Is it possible to make myself invisible to them, then?

EvilNed
29-Nov-2011, 07:17 PM
As in physically invisible? Sure, but they'd still know where you are and what you're doing.

Publius
30-Nov-2011, 12:53 AM

So, I'm not REALLY omnipotent then, am I? Next you'll be telling me I can't make a rock so big that even I can't lift it, or microwave a burrito so hot that even I can't eat it. :D

EvilNed
30-Nov-2011, 11:26 AM
Okay, to simplify:

You're Q.